Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: League memo discourages clubs from feigning injuries

#98QBKiller

No one's really "justifying" Hixon's injury. They just see the irony there and have zero problem commenting on it. Some are probably happy it happened to the team, not to Hixon individually. It could have been a 3rd string Safety, wouldn't have mattered.

It doesn't matter how you put it, making comments about a severe injury in any way is idiotic in my book.

I heard a guy on the radio who came up with this idea.

If a player gets injured (or fakes an injury), he must come out for 4 plays, or the entire series altogether. The NFL can argue that it (a) gives the player additional time to heal and (B) ensures that a player doesn't fake an injury.

See, this is a great idea. And that makes sense and would be enforceable.

Agreed. So what changed exactly?

Faking injuries has now been made more difficult.

Now every team will nominate a guy to fake the injury? Or guys will practice it so its more believeable , like in soccer? Do you really believe now if two guys fake injuries at the same time the league will actually take away draft picks?

Someone would most likely have to own up to it being faked, much like someone would have to own up to actually tampering with a player. And, yes, players and coaches have indeed owned up to the latter in the past when put under suspicion. Not to mention, it would be rather easy to find out that teams/coaches are instructing players on "better" ways to fake injuries. Nothing--NOTHING--stays under wraps in today's society. Everything eventually comes out.

But let me ask you: if you have all three of your time outs, would you still resort to taking the chance of faking injuries--and thus taking a chance at being caught and losing draft picks, or would just just say 'screw it" and call a time out instead? Don't you think that knowing there IS no punishment for faking injuries plays a role in a coach deciding to tell his players to do just that?

---------- Post added September-21st-2011 at 12:17 PM ----------

;8548698']It doesn't matter how you put it' date=' making comments about a severe injury in any way is idiotic in my book.

Weren't you the one who started the thread announcing the injury in the first place? lol...And now you're saying it's "idiotic" to make a comment about it "in any way"? If taken literally, it means you didn't want any posts on your thread lol...

;8548614']Would you feel that way if it happened to a Skins player? And please don't tell me they haven't done it. I'm sure every team has. Maybe not as obvious but still.

Just because your team acts like a bunch of ******* doesn't mean EVERY team does it. So, stop justifying it and instead accept that you cheer for a bunch of ******.

;8548661']To say that what the Giants did is pathetic is fine.

I think you know that when I started the other thread, that's all I was making fun of. That they had no answer and were having their butts handed to them, and the only way to slow it down was to fake an injury. All this other nonsense about karma is idiotic, and I don't care about that at all. But watching the Giants flail on the ground was hilarity.

Here's the way to enforce it. When a player goes down with an apparent injury, make them sit out at least the rest of the drive.

Not a fair way to enforce the rule though. A drive can be anything from the opening drive of the game from the 20 to the last drive of the game from the opponents' one-yard line. One player misses a play, the other may miss 12. Must be a better way.

Not a fair way to enforce the rule though. A drive can be anything from the opening drive of the game from the 20 to the last drive of the game from the opponents' one-yard line. One player misses a play, the other may miss 12. Must be a better way.

Heard this on the radio, from Florio...

Any injury, whenever, causes a timeout. Not perfect, but it would eliminate the faking.

Just because your team acts like a bunch of ******* doesn't mean EVERY team does it. So, stop justifying it and instead accept that you cheer for a bunch of ******.
LaRon Landry's fake leg injury
I don't think either view is idiotic.
I do. Domenik Hixon is a mediocre WR and a solid returner coming off a significant injury last year. His loss isn't a major issue for the Giants. They already have players on the roster who can replace what he does. But by all accounts, Domenik Hixon is a great guy. And now his career may be over. To say that somehow serves anybody right is just ridiculous. Or maybe Sean Taylor's shooting was preemptive karma for Landry's fake leg injury.

Interesting watching NFL live yesterday. The defensive guy saying that faking a leg cramp or something is strategy, and the O-lineman saying it's cheap. And I think they're both right. It's bush-league as hell, but if there's no penalty for it then it's a smart way to cheat. But damn is it dirty and cheap.

Or maybe Sean Taylor's shooting was preemptive karma for Landry's fake leg injury.

here_we_go-%28n1291248723390%29.jpg

Found an article on Kissing Suzy Kilber:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2011/09/the-many-dives-of-deon-grant.html

"Tom Coughlin: Win or no win, I’m still sickened TO DEATH with the effort I saw out there on Monday night. ARE YOU HOPING TO USHER AN OLD MAN TO SLIGHTLY PREMATURE GRAVE? IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT? Third down efficiency is still an issue. We turned the ball over on the first drive. What we were, men, was lucky. Plain and simple. Take away the Rams’ stupid fumbled backward throw to Cadillac and that muffed punt and we’re good as baked ass out there. Sure, sometimes luck will go your way, but counting on luck to guide you in the National Football League is like counting on luck to see you through during a goddamn maelstrom. It’s dumb, men. Real dumb.

In fact, the only facet of the game where I observed real progress was within our opossum package. Grant! Where’s Grant?"

opossum package:ols:

Big Blue Joe...as long as you've been around ES it's hard for me to believe you're that stupid to make a remark like that no matter how pissed you are about any comments on your team being pathetic. It's also going to be hard for some to believe I'm not banning you, but I'm not.

Archived