Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Week 2 "Experts" Predictions (Redskins are in trouble)

Chase M

Come on, when was the last time the Redskins played down to the level of their competition? Yes, sometimes, our competition did play down to our level but games against your equals are won or lost at the margins anyway. Remember, really the only difference between a suck team and a mediocre team most of the time is that a mediocre team plays superior teams when the superior team is down.

These aren't Vinny's Redskins.

Last week Rex got knocked on his ass. Next play he made the Giants pay for it deep.

Last week with a 14 point lead, Has didn't go into a Prevent D, instead he kept sending the house at Eli.

If you haven't picked up on this team's "We're going to kick your ass" swagger then I don't know what you've been watching since preseason.

Surprised the hell out of the Giants fans too. Rex was hit on pass after pass in the first half and in their Game Thread everybody was saying "Rex is getting knocked around. I see a pick 6 or a fumble coming" because thats what we usually do, then later all they were saying was that "Our defense is making Grossman look like Aaron Rodgers WTF???"

This isn't the Zornskins or the bend but still give up 6 when it counts defense.

Remember 2 years ago everybody was saying that Fletcher played at a totally different level than the rest of the defense? It was true but not so much anymore. He's still the leader but he's not the only one flying around out there.

No worries. The uniforms may look the same as before (or at least really close), the name might be the same, but this is NOT the same team as the one we've seen on the field for the previous decade, because Snyder is no longer involved in the football side of things.

this is going to sound strange but this might be the most important game of the year IMO,

I don't disagree with you at all. This is a game that the team should win. Skins have the better defense, Kolb is just learning their offense. Skins have the better defense (apparently), Cards have two new 1st year starting corners and allowed Newton to torch them. Cards are horrible on the road.

This will be a test to see if this team has turned the corner and can be competitive.

No worries. The uniforms may look the same as before (or at least really close), the name might be the same, but this is NOT the same team as the one we've seen on the field for the previous decade, because Snyder is no longer involved in the football side of things.

That's cool, but I think that a lot of people are using that as a reason why we should win. ( not saying I disagree) My thing is that whether we win or lose, I still think that this team is going in the right direction. Rex could have a terrible game and throw 3 picks, but it won't cause me to say the exact opposite of what you just said, and that "things haven't changed, Haslett sucks, etc" I don't think it will happen, but we all know how crazy things get on here after a very unflattering L.

this is going to sound strange but this might be the most important game of the year IMO,

Really, it's almost as if every game in the NFL is the most important game of the year. With only 16 of them, there's little to no margin for screwing up, specifically losing against teams you should win. All the more pressing given that we lack the offensive talent of the elite teams in the league

That being said, I don't think there's any question that Week 3 at Dallas on Monday night will be a 'more important' game. Or Week 6, coming off a bye, at home against the Eagles

Really, it's almost as if every game in the NFL is the most important game of the year. With only 16 of them, there's little to no margin for screwing up, specifically losing against teams you should win. All the more pressing given that we lack the offensive talent of the elite teams in the league

That being said, I don't think there's any question that Week 3 at Dallas on Monday night will be a 'more important' game. Or Week 6, coming off a bye, at home against the Eagles

The most important game is always the one you are playing.

I'm wondering if most of the experts are picking against the Cards (a road-team that gave up lots of yardage to Cam Newton) rather than picking with the Skins. I'm not saying that they don't like the Skins. It's just that they can't muster much support for an Arizona team that, quite easily, could have lost to Carolina.

I'd pick the Skins because I think they have a solid defense going against a suspect line. B. Wells is stoppable, and L. Fitzgerald is their only great weapon. Their defense seems vulnerable to the big play and to the stretch run, which should be our bread and butter on Sunday.

Wow...I can't remember the last time we were favored by that many analysts....sure does seem like whenever we are favored we end up scoring 10-14 points and loosing 17-10. I've never been to FedEx during game day, but I have a chance to go this Sunday; section 132 in the endzone. I really hope my first game is a big win. Hightower is going up against his former team...maybe he'll have a big game...let's hope that pattern continues.

How can you be more nervous this week than last week?

The Giants are a better team than the Cardinals..right??? That doesn't make any sense to me bro.

We are still at home and were playing a West Coast team that has a very poor defense and an offense with a new, unproven QB, piss poor LT, poor RT, and a Skins defense that's playing extremely motivated.

What's the problem? Relax brother...this is not your 2006-2010 Redskins and you should enjoy the fact that they are playing like a team. That's all. They are favored for a reason and don't confuse the Skins of yesterday with this team. Let it go...Let it go!

First time I drank the kool-aid this early in a season. Haven't had a reason for more then ten years now or more. I belive until they give me reasons not to which I hope will not happen.

This feels right. This organization. These players. Feels great.

I dunno. I really think this team just feels different.

Maybe we've all just been psychologically damaged from the last several (many) years of of last minute losses.

I sure hope this is the begnning of rehab for all of us. :D

It's the sports version of the Battered Wife/Girlfriend Syndrome, or in this case, Battered Fan Syndrome.

Part of me is afraid of being hurt again, so I put up emotional barriers, and distance myself from you, even though deep down, I want to be with you, and believe that you're the right guy (team) for me.

I just can't let go of the past...

It's the sports version of the Battered Wife/Girlfriend Syndrome, or in this case, Battered Fan Syndrome.

Part of me is afraid of being hurt again, so I put up emotional barriers, and distance myself from you, even though deep down, I want to be with you, and believe that you're the right guy (team) for me.

I just can't let go of the past...

Oh come on, just think all the way back to when you were 3 and eating a cut up hot dog while our Skins dismantled the Bills.

Oh come on, just think all the way back to when you were 3 and eating a cut up hot dog while our Skins dismantled the Bills.

Unfortunately for these types of nerves you probably need to go farther back. Hell, for a similar situation, game 2 in 1982. For 5 straight years, wed missed the playoffs, had been owned by the Eagles, losing 5 of the last 7, and on top of that had had our asses handed to us all preseason. We'd finally broken the Eagle curse and so were facing the Bucs who then were roughly similar to the Cards this year with the looming labor action to distract us.

I think I just made me nervous about this :)

It doesnt matter if were favored or the underdog. Were not the same team and should beat the Cardinals by at least 10 points. I am still wondering how these so called EXPERTS felt the Giants were better then us? They were beat up on defense and have no real receiving threat. Times have changed for our team lets enjoy the ride and watch us become an elite team in the NFL again.

Archived