Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Week 2 "Experts" Predictions (Redskins are in trouble)

Chase M

I'm sorry Redskins Nation but we're no underdog aka "sleeper" pick this week. We are HEAVILY favored by most experts and analysts. The reason I say we might be in trouble is we always seem to lay an egg whenever we're favored. Pretty much I'm saying I'm more nervous this week compared to last week.

ESPN (8/8)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

CBS (4/5)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks

FOX (2/4)

http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/football/story/experts-pro-pick-em-090711

Yahoo (3/3)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/pickem?w=2

Total (17/20)

How can you be more nervous this week than last week?

The Giants are a better team than the Cardinals..right??? That doesn't make any sense to me bro.

We are still at home and were playing a West Coast team that has a very poor defense and an offense with a new, unproven QB, piss poor LT, poor RT, and a Skins defense that's playing extremely motivated.

What's the problem? Relax brother...this is not your 2006-2010 Redskins and you should enjoy the fact that they are playing like a team. That's all. They are favored for a reason and don't confuse the Skins of yesterday with this team. Let it go...Let it go!

It does always seem that when the Skins are heavily favored that they lay an egg. Here's to Mike Shanahan creating such a culture change that this no longer applies... You say ESPN 8/8 but I know I saw Merrill pick Arizona... Lol that &%$#@#% changed his pick. I was glad last week when the Fox pre game guys favored the Giants. Usually when those Fox guys go unanimous picking the Skins it does seem that the Skins always find a way to lose. Here's to one of those knuckleheads picking the Cards !

We need to win the games we are supposed to win

"Just Win Baby"

This.

This is probably a truer test of the team's improvements than last week against the New York Giants. How do they respond to a dominant win over a divisional foe? How do they respond to a team that gave up over 400 yards to Cam Newton, the anticpated draft bust? This week is going to tell me a lot about the Redskins 2011 mindset.

part of becoming a team to be taken serious is wininng when your supposed to.the cardinals are a dangerous team capable of beating any one just like most teams in the league. their are NO unbeatable teams anymore.the skins didn't get all caught up in the first win so it will indeed be interesting to see how they respond to this change of events, one thing is the the fact the cards d blitzs a whole lot more than the giant do but also our running game should be much more successful. can't wait,HTTR. fan for life

I have a feeling we will either be good or mediocre. We have a couple players on our team that are wildly inconsistent.

Grossman has some great targets and if he can't hit them, I'll be very disappointed in him. Gano just has to go IMO. He has had years to get his act together and many chances.

If these guys and more can keep their act together, we can be a serious contender. Not many teams in the league have TE's, RB's, and WR's like we do. If Landry and Orakpo come back at 100%, our defense will be monstrous. With all these things combined, I'm hoping for a winning year.

Just remember, we are one loss away from everyone losing hope in us, including ESPN. I don't want our players losing hope so us fans have got to stick with them and have the confidence that they will fix the reasons they lost and still have a chance at a winning year.

For many years, those "good" games were just that, the "good" games almost all mediocre to suck team have. Question is are we just a mediocre to suck team that just played a good game or are we a quality team on the rise? If we are a quality team on the rise, we WILL take care of business. We don't take care of business? Maybe we're in for just another mediocre to suck season where the main subject of conversation by late November/early December will be about who will available in the spring.

This stuff doesn't bother me anymore. I have a vibe with this team that I haven't had in a very long time. I no longer hope for us to win. I expect it.

+1 I don't believe these guys are going to take the Cards lightly especially since we've lost to the Rams and Lions they know they haven't arrived yet.

That's the old skins under worthless head coaches. Shanny has this team going in the right direction. No way we lay an egg this week at home.

Yep...new team with a clean slate.

Also, I don't believe those previous Redskin teams were overlooking inferior opponents in most cases, I just don't believe we were ever good enough to be considered a heavy favorite. Sure, teams that were not as good as we were have taken games from us (2005 Raiders, 2008 Rams, etc.), but I truly believe that those things happen from time to time.

I think we have had a couple teams over the past couple decades that have been overrated (either due to a HOF coach or our big named players) when they've experienced a little success. Because of that, losing some games appeared to be a case of looking past a team when in reality we just got beat.

These aren't Vinny's Redskins.

Last week Rex got knocked on his ass. Next play he made the Giants pay for it deep.

Last week with a 14 point lead, Has didn't go into a Prevent D, instead he kept sending the house at Eli.

If you haven't picked up on this team's "We're going to kick your ass" swagger then I don't know what you've been watching since preseason.

A typical Redskin team of the past would play down to the level of its opposition. Last week the Giant were suffering big time with injuries to key people. A typical type game/opponent that the Redskins would not beat in the past because they would allow a disadvantage team to rise up and beat them by the Redskins playing half-heartedly and unfocussed. It didn't happen last week.

Now the Cardinals are in town and the Redskins again have the opportunity to play down to the level of the "easy" win team or to kick the birds out of the nest. Last week's performance says the birds get defeathered and Chief Zee has new plumage for his headdress.

I am always reminded of all of those Lions.Rams/Browns games of the recent past where we were supposed to score 60 points and shutout the opposition, only for us to fail spectacularly.

I will say however that it would not surprise me at all if we got down early, even by as much as 14 pts, but I still say that we end up winning by 10 at least. The o-line issues still worry me to death though. Rex got hit a lot last week.

How can you be more nervous this week than last week?

The Giants are a better team than the Cardinals..right??? That doesn't make any sense to me bro.

We are still at home and were playing a West Coast team that has a very poor defense and an offense with a new, unproven QB, piss poor LT, poor RT, and a Skins defense that's playing extremely motivated.

What's the problem? Relax brother...this is not your 2006-2010 Redskins and you should enjoy the fact that they are playing like a team. That's all. They are favored for a reason and don't confuse the Skins of yesterday with this team. Let it go...Let it go!

Exactly. Most the Skins fans picked us to lose last week too. How could you be more nervous than expecting to lose?

Archived