Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hello everybody

PD93

Great to see you PD. Don't worry, we'll put out a Redskins fan notice that if anyone sees Tony Dungy on the street they are immediately to "Booo" him.

Payton Manning's neck is messed up because he's so inflexible and immobile and works in an environment where people run full speed at him, not because of you or any other defensive player's fault. It's ridiculous to name ONE event out of 20 years of playing football and say it caused his current problem 5 years later.

Sorry but degeneration is something that MOST NFL players will probably deal with.

Come around more often man, great to hear from you :cheers:

Never was a nasty player and I certainly wasn't being nasty on that play. Peyton is a good dude and I hope he ends up ok and comes back because he is good for the league.

PD, you don't gotta tell anybody that has ever watched you play the game that you're not a dirty player. Good to hear from you though.

PD, I'd be shocked to find out you ever hit a guy with the intention of injuring him.

That hit was just a freaky twist that happens when big giant men play a violent collision sport. No more or less.

the fact is, you and Andre Carter are two guys i would consider exemplary players in the league for fairness and overall class. Both of you guys have never been known for anything but good clean hard football.

However as a Redskins fan, I do admit to watching that play with plenty of relish. That was a nice shot, and the best hit I ever saw Manning take, maybe his entire career. The fact he didn't miss a play was amazing, even if they did have to call a timeout to get his cobwebs cleared. A true testament to his toughness.

So, a message board high five to you for that. It was sweet to watch.

~Bang

i dont see where peyton or dungy are pointing the fingers at anybody, all theyre saying is that could be the hit that started peytons neck problem.. nobody is saying it was intentional or dirty. i dont know where all this is coming from.

At the time it happened Dungy thought it was a dirty hit but he's not saying that now. He probably later saw the tape. Looks like a sack to me but we are almost at the stage of watching flag football now so it might look rough to some people. I don't see how Daniels would know that someone else was pulling him a different direction.

It's like when LT and Marshall broke Theismanns leg. LT didn't know that someone else was hitting him low and had no idea that would happen. It's football, **** happens when you play football.

Hey like you said,if it wasent Manning,it would be a non issue.Other players have been forced to retire from the same injury.Also heard that the injury could have came from the week 1 game last season against the Texans where he was sacked twice.So i wouldnt sweat it if i was you,its football after all.People are gonna get hurt.

Good to see ya again bro.Forever a member of the burgundy and gold.

Dungy's statement is not really newsworthy. This is Dungy trying to provide insight or stay relevent. A player did his job and another took a risk when he signed up with the NFL. End of story. I really hope finger pointing at some presumed source of nagging injuries isn't the future of NFL commentary.

Luv ya, PD!! We miss you!

Couldn't have said it any better. Glad to see you post again PD. Still showing how you are a class act.

Dude! What's up X? LONG time no see.

Mr. Daniels, the fact that you post here speaks both to your appreciation for we fans and this site's incredible reach. Thanks for your side of things but as has already been said many times over, none of us blame you for anything regarding that hit or any of your play with the Burgundy and Gold. We love you man, and wish you all the best in the future. God Bless You.

I hear you. Been kinda that way my own self. Miss you around here man, hope everything's going great. One of these days we gotta fire up that bacon thread again lol -

Speaking of which I had some killer double smoked bacon this past weekend from this awesome smoke house http://www.oscarssmokedmeats.com/

Still rockin' the BC sig. Nice!

Oh the BC will never leave

Archived