Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Proud of both NYG and Skins fans on Sunday

Gary Clark Fan

I am a season ticket holder and have been to a majority of the games since the early 80's and seen plenty of division games. Now I can proudly say that yesterday was the best behaved crowd/atmosphere I have ever sat through at a home game since moving to FedEx. Im sure it had to do with the whole 9/11 thing but regardless Im glad people on both sides kept things in perspective and enjoyed the beatiful afternoon and left the fighting and drunken stupidity to that certain fanbase up north that wears green and lives for that type of behavior.

Major props to Skins and Giant fans for placing this game in the proper scheme of things and it was only fitting to open with them.

Hail to the Redskins!

I am a season ticket holder and have been to a majority of the games since the early 80's and seen plenty of division games. Now I can proudly say that yesterday was the best behaved crowd/atmosphere I have ever sat through at a home game since moving to FedEx. Im sure it had to do with the whole 9/11 thing but regardless Im glad people on both sides kept things in perspective and enjoyed the beatiful afternoon and left the fighting and drunken stupidity to that certain fanbase up north that wears green and lives for that type of behavior.

Major props to Skins and Giant fans for placing this game in the proper scheme of things and it was only fitting to open with them.

Hail to the Redskins!

That was my impression too, but talking with fans in other parts of the stadium, seems I was just in a quiet area. Heard about a few fights and a big on on the club level. (Someone must have spilled the grey poupon!)

That was my impression too, but talking with fans in other parts of the stadium, seems I was just in a quiet area. Heard about a few fights and a big on on the club level. (Someone must have spilled the grey poupon!)

they don't have grey poupon up there, they have regular mustard. it just costs four times as much.

Giants fans are always the most well behaved... (of our divisional rivals)

You're not going to escape fights, and there was a fight in my section (between skins fans) where parties invovled were extremely over their limit, but overall it really was a good atmosphere.

Listening to the Eagles fans call in to the radio today they had a guy from St. Louis who was laughing at how docile the Rams fans were, saying he was walking around in the stadium with his son and they weren't heckled or messed with all day. He was laughing about it and the hosts chuckled and said YEAH, see here in Philly we even sometimes bring our football mentality to baseball games (I suppose their football mentality includes intentionally vomiting on another fan) and that in other places such as St. Louis they tend to bring their baseball mentality to a football game.

HA-HA! Laughs were to be had by all! Good ole' Philadelphia and their fans who are proud about acting like ********s at their various sporting events. Nice people!

This was my second game at Fedex, with the first being last year's MNF loss to the Giants. I came with two Giants fans and my Redskins tailgate family showed them love. I shook hands with both sides all day long. I was in club section 323 and didn't notice any issues. The only issue was on the way home, my Giants friends didn't want to talk about football. Yesterday was a very good day!!!

HTTR

I didn't see any fights, and for the most part it was a fairly 'good' crowd that i saw.

i think it's because most of the people around us (both in the stadium and the parking lot) were firefighters. just wasn't the usual group of drunk kids who just want to be a monday night football game (those who attend the games on a regular basis know exactly what i'm doing about)

but i did hear about fights in other threads, so who knows.

just wasn't the usual group of drunk kids who just want to be a monday night football game (those who attend the games on a regular basis know exactly what i'm doing about)

We had one of those in row 1 of my 200 section. He proceeded to stand the whole game which if you're really excited I could see, but he's toggling between cussing at the skins on bad plays and texting. If you're gonna text during a game sit your ass down!! :doh:

Had a great time yesterday. I was sitting in Section 401. Didn't see any fights, guess their were in a section not close to me. All in all gotta say the Giant fans took the lose in stride from the ones i saw getting teased a little bit. And as far as the Skins fan you could just tell everybody was really excited. I think I saw nothing but skins fans high 5'ing each other all the way out. I think I gave out a good 40 or so myself lol. But its just one game its just one game gotta keep repeating that to myself lol.

I thought it was a pretty well behaved crowd as well. I in the upper level and usually I see at least one fight and a handful of people that are just way too drunk to be in public. Don't get me wrong, I have a few drinks each game, and sometimes a few too many. But I try to be respectful to those around me and do not try and start a fights with people just because they are wearing an opposing jersey. Anyways, back on point, my section was very loud and there was very little stupidity. There was one guy that was drunk a few rows in front of me and apparently said a few questionable things to a girl in the row in front of him (at least that's what I heard). The guy that she was with stood up and there was some beer spilled and someone got thrown to the ground, but it did not spread like we have probably all seen in the past. I think everyone just wanted those people out of there so we could pay attention to the game.

People will probably get on me for being happy that the crowd was "well behaved" but I probably have a different definition than some others might. I want people to be loud when we are on defense, I want people to stand up and cheer when we should, stand up and yell and make noise for a big play on defense and I see nothing wrong with some ribbing to opposing fans and a little chatter back and forth. I have fun with that kind of stuff, but I draw the line at throwing stuff at opposing fans, trying to fight everyone for no reason and cussing every other word. I cuss like a sailor at home and in the parking lot, but I try to curb it a little when I am in the stands, especially when there are kids around. These things contributed to me essentially dieciding to give up my season tickets after this year, but after yesterday, I am reconsidering a little. Yesterday was fun. We can make FedEx a difficult place to play for opposing teams and we can be loud while still being civil. I promise, it is possible.

On a related note, it seemed like the crowd was a lot quieter when we had the ball yesterday than it has been in recent years. I was thinking that you could have heard a pin drop every time we came to the line for one of our drives in the second half (I don't remember which one). Thank god for that, because I'll be honest, it makes me crazy. There is always one smashed guy that stands up and starts chanting "let's go Redskins" when we are in the middle of the drive and for some reason people start joining in. It happened a few times yesterday, but it seems like it stopped pretty quickly each time.

I promise I am not as bitter as I sound :) But yesterday was fun, and I hope it keeps going in that direction. I know that winning helps that, but the people in the stands are also a major contributor to the game day experience.

I had a great experience at the stadium yesterday. I gave some good-natured ribbing to some Giants fans, and most of them took it in stride. Shook hands with quite a few of them.

There was one girl though who when she was leaving, I gave her a fairly sarcastic "buh bye, thanks for coming." She stopped and gave me the double-middle finger salute. I guess she had to do that, since there wasn't a DAMNED thing she could say about the game. :)

We were in 206, same as always, and had a few giants fans. A couple who were good sports, a couple who weren't, and a 12 year old kid with his dad who was talking smack the whole time. That got on my nerves a little because Im not going to, as did anyone else around me, return words to the kid. His dad didn't seem to care, but they toned it downa little when I explained very nicely that had they been in Philly they would be covered in beverages at the very least.

A few skins fans in 205 decided that after being asked to leave they would throw punches at the officers taking them out. All I can say is that they are lucky they did this in the stadium where everyone was watching, because they deserved a beating of their own.

Winning was a big help for crowd behavior. The Giants fans in general have the most class of the three evils in the east. Section 341 was pleasant. We had numerous off duty police officers in uniform sitting in our section. Nice to see that the TO gave the unsold tix to living heros who could enjoy them. It was strange seeing Arlington County cops at FedEx. A great day of fun overall.

Giants fans are always the most well behaved... (of our divisional rivals)

I'd agree with this statement and have mentioned this to others as well. I tend to respect the Giants as a team more than any of the other teams because they are our oldest rival. I believe these two teams hate each other the least.

Archived