Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Landry be ready for the Cards?

Skinsfanatic_1

For the 1,000 time the skins did not put Reed on Johnson for the game winner! It has been said and repeated many times by the players,coaches, and member's of this board in this actual thread...please READ before you criticize someone.

Laron will probably be a go week 3 unless the next two days go very well. 40-60 right now. Laron no doubt helps the team when he's on the field but this game comes down to pressure from our front 7, OJ isn't a slouch in the secondary by any means.

There is the money shot. A real ****ing update. So hes 50/50 this week but a lock for week 3? OJ is no slouch but he can't do it alone. The VaGiants exposed Reed with a busted WR corp (Hakeem hurt on first play) OJ will need some help back there. He can't be a FS & SS at the same time.

HTTR

We really should get Gomes some snaps if LaRon can't play.

---------- Post added September-13th-2011 at 12:35 PM ----------

There is the money shot. A real ****ing update. So hes 50/50 this week but a lock for week 3? OJ is no slouch but he can't do it alone. The VaGiants exposed Reed with a busted WR corp (Hakeem hurt on first play) OJ will need some help back there. He can't be a FS & SS at the same time.

HTTR

No he's 40-60 this week (there's a difference), and probable for week 3 (not a lock). :ols:

Our starting FS, Atogwe is pretty solid player. To be honest i have not seen much of him play but from what i've read on the forums, he's a solid FS that has a nose for getting strips.

Our starting Cb's - Hall - Big gambler, you win big or you lose big with him. Hes good at getting game changing int's but he gets burnt often, his tackling has improved though.

Wilson - Havent seen much of him either but his coverage seems solid enough.

Barnes - See him alot in blitz packages and run stopping plays. Dont see him as much in coverage but i guess thats a good thing? Usually playing nickel or dime

Backup SS- Doughty, hes best near the line of scrimmage but thats still not saying much. his tackling is suspect at times and his pass coverage is abysmal. Personally i'd like to see more of Dejon Gomes but i feel like he would be an even bigger liability in pass coverage then doughty.

Good post, thanks.

DeAngelo Hall sounds a lot like DRC the way you described him...er Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie for the unitiated. That's one thing I don't regret about the Kolb trade.

Any update? I can't fathom the idea of Fitz V Doughty

If Doughty gets Fitz, that is obviously a coaching mistake. The only way a SS should ever have apparent coverage on Fitz is the SS rolls back to the deep zone and the CB blows the coverage. That is sort of what happened on the first long pass, don't think there was a safety blitz but twice Reed was given the over the top coverage. The second time, it was pretty obvious from the snap that the read was on Reed (probably would be on whoever was the SS given the routes that were run). Whichever route he covered, go to the opposite route. I'd say Manning knew when he cam to the LOS that one of those two routes would be open, he just had to get the ball there.

I really wish Landry were ready to go this weekend. I think we can beat the Cards without him, but he HAS to be rusty trying to come back against the Cowgirls in Week 3 if he hasn't played in any other games. It's been a LONG time since he's played in an NFL game. I just don't think his game will be 100% and would love for him to get worked back slowly getting some plays against Arizona.

Colin Powell isn't going to be in the locker room at halftime and the Cards Offense isn't nearly as depleted as the Giants so don't expect the team to be slowed up in the second half. We need everyone. The Cards like to sling it and our weakest link is ohhh soo weak.

you really think colin powell is the reason we played well in the 2nd half?!? really?!?

you really think colin powell is the reason we played well in the 2nd half?!? really?!?

lol you really think our secondary (specifically Reed Doughty) played better in the second half? or was it our tenacious dline forcing Eli to make a plethora of mistakes? Of course Colin got the Dline excited and ready to play in the second half.

http://www.csnwashington.com/09/13/11/Talking-Points-Players-fanning-the-flame/landing_redskins_loud3r.html?blockID=563286&feedID=272

The Redskins know that the win over the Giants was just one game, but they are doing nothing to lower expectations for the season. Chris Cooley’s comment was typical: "I don't think anyone needs to pump the brakes right now. Everyone needs to build on the excitement ... build on the confidence."

I like this from Chris. Over the past few years I started hedging my bets. I'd say that we might lose a game and just hope that we'd win. Not anymore. I want to come out and stomp the life out of some teams. If we lose, we lose, but this team has some spark and life and I think we need to rally behind it. If the locker room is different I really hope the fan base becomes a little different too.

Landry needs to be ready for the Cards. They are a pass first team. Id give the advantage over Hall and Wilson to Fitz and Doucet. I do have faith in our pass rush and confusing Kolb but we will need Atogwe and Landry to be on their 'A' game. If anyone bites as bad ass we did last week on the double move with Fitzgerald deep, you can bet he's going for 7.

i dont wanna rush landry back. if hes not 100% he doesnt need to play. frankly id rather keep him inactive for the first 4 games if we need to. hes too important to the overall future of this team (if hes truly in our future plans) to rush him back for a few early games.

marathon, not a sprint.

if thats the case that he has to be out at least four weeks, then PUP him, especially since we have a week 5 bye, and sign someone in his place for the meantime. Makes no sense to play the guessing game and I do not want him back unless he's 100% either

i dont wanna rush landry back. if hes not 100% he doesnt need to play. frankly id rather keep him inactive for the first 4 games if we need to. hes too important to the overall future of this team (if hes truly in our future plans) to rush him back for a few early games.

marathon, not a sprint.

If he's cleared to play he should play. A W in week 2 is just as important as a W in week 5. By week 12 nobody is 100% in the NFL.

Even though everyone's excited about 1-0, I still see this season as a transition year. Fight hard, compete, win as many games as we can, but Rome wasn't built in a day. Next year, our youth movement will be one more year further along, and we'll continue to build through the draft. We'll get JJ back on the d-line, hopefully have an improved o-line... and with Landry as important as he is to the future of the D, and given his long list of recent injuries, there is ZERO reason to rush him back into action. That's what aggravated his hamstring again recently, too.

Let LL sit for the early part of the season until he's 100%, and then phase him in for the tough stretch at the end of the year.

if thats the case that he has to be out at least four weeks, then PUP him, especially since we have a week 5 bye, and sign someone in his place for the meantime. Makes no sense to play the guessing game and I do not want him back unless he's 100% either

You can't just PUP someone during a season.

Has to be at the start of TC.

Kelli Johnson was just on CSN giving a Redskin Report.

She said Landry practiced, but was limited (as was Orakpo for his ankle), but everyone else (including Cooley) was full go.

She also said that while Landry was limited, she talked to players in the Redskins' secondary, and they believe Landry will play this Sunday against Arizona.

I guess we'll find out later this week.

Kelli Johnson was just on CSN giving a Redskin Report.

She said Landry practiced, but was limited (as was Orakpo for his ankle), but everyone else (including Cooley) was full go.

She also said that while Landry was limited, she talked to players in the Redskins' secondary, and they believe Landry will play this Sunday against Arizona.

I guess we'll find out later this week.

That's good news. For everyone else who wishes that he remain sidelined till he is 110 percent, we need him to win games. I don't care if you're in a transition/rebuilding year or not, EVERY teams goal is to win as many games as possible and win the Super Bowl, whether you have future Hall of Famers on your team or a bunch of nomad free agents. NOTHING is guaranteed for next year. "Oh, this is just a rebuilding season, and we are gonna win it all next year..." No professional team operates like that. Every year, you want to win it all, no matter what. We need Landry back ASAP

I just don't want him to rush back and re-pull or re-strain his hamstring and be out for an extended period of time. I would rather him sit out one more game and be able to play the next 14 games, instead of him rushing back Sunday and missing him for the next 4-6 games.

I highly doubt Landry would rush back. He knows his body, and he knows he won't play until he feels he's 100%. If he plays this weekend he's back to normal. Now that doesn't mean that once he's out there he won't play through injury. He has before. But i think going in, he knows he needs to be at 100%.

Laron is not eligible because he began camp on the active roster. Only players who cannot practice at the start of training camp can be placed on the PUP list.

Archived