Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Landry be ready for the Cards?

Skinsfanatic_1

I wouldn't rush it after what happened to beason yesterday.

Agree times a million !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

per rotoworld

Panthers coach Ron Rivera referred to MLB Jon Beason's left ankle injury as "dire" after Sunday's loss to Arizona.

It may seem harsh, but this is what you get for rushing back a player from an Achilles' injury. Rivera confirmed Beason's latest ailment is to the same foot. The Panthers are officially withholding return timetables until MRI results become available, but at this point it sounds career-threatening. Beason was signed to a new six-year, $51.34 million contract in late July.

So if he can't go next week, does the team stick with Doughty as the starting SS? If not, then who's the best alternative? How do the coaches effectively mask-disguise-limit Doughty's shortcomings back there?

I do not think there is any "masking" of his shortcomings, it is no coincidence that most all of the long passing plays were and will be directed at that side of the field.

I agree lets shelve Laron until after the bye, but Reed has to do better. We know he has physical limitations, but he has to play smarter..

Right...he could have prevented the long pass to the TE simply by being in position. On some plays (vs. WRs like Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald) that won't be enough, but it would at least reduce the number of big plays if he's in good enough position to run interference.

Right...he could have prevented the long pass to the TE simply by being in position. On some plays (vs. WRs like Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald) that won't be enough, but it would at least reduce the number of big plays if he's in good enough position to run interference.

Rats, I almost forgot about Larry Fitz. this week *sigh*. We will have to dial up some heavy pressure on Kolb or else LF is going to be crip-walking into the endzone. One thing to look forward to is that AZ's defense is piss poor. Just don't want to get into a shoot out with them.

Rats, I almost forgot about Larry Fitz. this week *sigh*. We will have to dial up some heavy pressure on Kolb or else LF is going to be crip-walking into the endzone. One thing to look forward to is that AZ's defense is piss poor. Just don't want to get into a shoot out with them.

I feel like we can still mask the shortcomings of Doughty if the rest of our D can step up. Arizona has a solid offense, but we should be double-teaming Fitz and making the rest of the team beat us.

I'm still taking in the Giants win, but I can't help but look forward to next Sunday. I want dirty 30 out there. And I want to see Hightower have a big game against his former team.

I am more concerned with the offense than the defense and don't see having Landry back as the deciding factor on whether the Skins beat the Cardinals.

I'm all for saving Landry for the Cowboys game or perhaps even the Rams game.

One more game without Landry won't hurt the team.

The offensive line though... man, they need some help there.

Archived