Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did Tim Hightower underperform today?

AboveLegit

yes. he showed patience, but maybe a little too much. He tried to go outside way too much rather then just cut upfield. I think torain is the better running back (as long as he's healthy) and he understands shanahans system better. Hightower still had a lot of positives from this game. i hope we can use him and torain as a good one two punch.

I join with majority opinion. I am also glad that every fan here understands exactly what the problem was. I wasn't sold on Hightower at the time of the trade but he's slowly proving his worth. Many of his 2-yard runs should have been negative yardage.

You weren't sold on trading a 35 yr old journey man DL that would have been cut and a conditional late round pick for a 25 year old STUD running back? Really?

Nope. The Giants stacked the box and just really broke through the line. A lot of those two yard runs Hightower made one or two guys miss. Not great stats, but a solid effort.

Exactly. They wanted to challenge Rex to win with his arm and try to apply pressure throughout due to their badly injured DBs. Hightower did fine other than a couple bad cutbacks.

I would say he underperformed. I am not going to put it all on him b/c the offensive line looked horrible but I thought there was some yards left on table mainly due to Hightower trying to take "everything" to the edge instead of cutting it up or cutting back. I thought I saw a few times where he could have cutback and gained some yards instead of losing two.

Thank god we didn't cut Torain. Hightower touched the ball 28 times, the most in the NFL yesterday and couldn't even break 100 yards.

He stunk. Plain and simple. I don't care if they throw 15 guys in the box, Chris Johnson and Peterson see that ALL the time yet they average 5+ yards and 1500 yard seasons. Don't make excuses for hightower. He had ONE good run for 22 yards where he was untouched. He had garbage carries running out the clock of 5 and 6. that is 33 yards on 3 carries. The other 25 times he touched the ball he had 64 yards.

If Torain and Hightower split carries yesterday the only thread you would see here is "Who starts now?"

I was biting my nails yesterday waiting for the inevitable drive that the Giants tied the game and then the pressure would be on us to move the ball for the go ahead score.....glad that never happened. It would be 3rd and 8 or 3rd and 9 and eventually we would have punted and lost the game.

You Giants way too much credit, they played like crap. Crap.

All I know is if he even comes close to performing like that next week he will be in the dreaded RBBC by the second half.

I am still surprised Shanny didn't rotate Torain in there in the second half, stunned actually. He must still be hurting.

11 of his carries went for 2 yards or less and 7 went for 0 or less.

You guys are blinded by the "W" :cool:

---------- Post added September-12th-2011 at 05:49 AM ----------

I would say he underperformed. I am not going to put it all on him b/c the offensive line looked horrible but I thought there was some yards left on table mainly due to Hightower trying to take "everything" to the edge instead of cutting it up or cutting back. I thought I saw a few times where he could have cutback and gained some yards instead of losing two.

Torain would have just trucked forward for an extra 50 yards if he had that type of opportunity.

Thank god we didn't cut Torain. Hightower touched the ball 28 times, the most in the NFL yesterday and couldn't even break 100 yards.

He stunk. Plain and simple. I don't care if they throw 15 guys in the box, Chris Johnson and Peterson see that ALL the time yet they average 5+ yards and 1500 yard seasons. Don't make excuses for hightower. He had ONE good run for 22 yards where he was untouched. He had garbage carries running out the clock of 5 and 6. that is 33 yards on 3 carries. The other 25 times he touched the ball he had 64 yards.

If Torain and Hightower split carries yesterday the only thread you would see here is "Who starts now?"

I was biting my nails yesterday waiting for the inevitable drive that the Giants tied the game and then the pressure would be on us to move the ball for the go ahead score.....glad that never happened. It would be 3rd and 8 or 3rd and 9 and eventually we would have punted and lost the game.

All I know is if he even comes close to performing like that next week he will be in the dreaded RBBC by the second half.

I am still surprised Shanny didn't rotate Torain in there in the second half, stunned actually. He must still be hurting.

11 of his carries went for 2 yards or less and 7 went for 0 or less.

You guys are blinded by the "W" :cool:

---------- Post added September-12th-2011 at 05:49 AM ----------

Torain would have just trucked forward for an extra 50 yards if he had that type of opportunity.

Ryan, we all like you, but there's no reason to make an ES account just to spout this crap. Go to the film room and rehab your hand, please.

Im with most here. I think the Giants were set out to stop him and make Rex beat them.

I thought he made something out of nothing most of the time. I was very happy with him.

---------- Post added September-12th-2011 at 07:15 AM ----------

Yes, you're right they were crap. They almost sacked Grossman everytime he dropped back and just about every run they were in the backfield. I really hope our D plays like crap the rest of the way. :doh:

Giants committed to stopping the run, weren't a lot of holes. He still made some good runs and some clutch first down catches. I won't say he underperformed. He did what he needed to, and kept the threat of the running game in there. Sometimes that's all it takes.

He had 75 yards of total offense, a touchdown, and a HUGE touchdown saving tackle off the Rex Grossman fumble. It won't jump off statlines, but I think that's a pretty solid performance.

Agree 100 % - Good Job Tim!

I would have liked to have seen Torrain gets some carries to at least change some things up......I think he's quicker than Hightower and maybe even more powerful. Between the two of them they could be a nice tandom to share carries. Maybe Torrain wasn't ready? I hope to see him in there getting some reps next week.

THT had a 13 yard gain nullified on a hold.

And, most importantly, only three of THT's carries resulted in negative yards. Three. And they were all for a one yard loss. He didn't put us in a hole once. He made something out of nothing quite a few times. I think he played quite well, although he did miss a few cuts and has room for improvement, there is no reason to say he underperformed. If anything, with the way our OL played, he performed beyond expectations.

What did you guys think of his performance against the Giants?

25 rushes, 72 yards, 2.9average, 1TD

I thought it was pretty underwhelming, a 2.9 average isn't going to cut it, but some of the blame has to be put on our offensive line who were pretty inconsistent throughout the game. Maybe it's just me, but I was expecting a huge day from him against a beat up Giants defense.

More than once he turned a sure 3 yard loss into a 2 yard gain. The Giants are banged up, but they are still very good at stuffing the run.

Give it more than one game to trash TH.

Archived