Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GameDay Thread: Week 1

ACW

Two great teams. Would love to see a rematch in the NFC Title game.

The Packers are a hell of an organization. They are absolutely loaded and they drafted another steal with Cobb. They let Cullen Jenkins go and their DL is still dominant.

And that's with his replacement, Mike Neal, inactive.

That game blew every other season opener I've seen out of the water. Just fantastic.

On a sadder note, I have Mark Ingram on my fantasy team. :ols: ****ing Packers defense... Jerome Bettis in his prime couldn't have gotten into the end zone on that last play. Would it really have been so bad to let Ingram score and then stiffen up on the two point conversion?

I can't believe the Saints ran the ball there. They'd been getting their butts kicked by the GB Dline all night, meanwhile Brees was red hot, taking them down the field and fitting balls into tiny holes. Why would you take it out of his hands and hope your Olinemen would finally get some push?

Meh oh well. Still a very entertaining game.

I noticed the Packers fans were none too pleased (nor was Clay Matthews) when the Saints scored their last TD and the receiver (can't remember who it was off the top of my head) mockingly did the Rodgers belt thing right at the crowd in the back of the end zone. Can't say I blame them.

I noticed the Packers fans were none too pleased (nor was Clay Matthews) when the Saints scored their last TD and the receiver (can't remember who it was off the top of my head) mockingly did the Rodgers belt thing right at the crowd in the back of the end zone. Can't say I blame them.

John Abraham did that too in the second round last year. Kinda silly considering his team was down like four TDs. :ols:

Yeah, plus if Gibbs had picked Rodgers instead of Rogers, we wouldn't be just two days away from unleashing the Dragon!

Oh wait...

There's no way to know what Rodgers would have become here rather than in GB. He's a very different and improved QB than he was in college. And its because he was allowed to grow and season for 3+ years behind a HOF'er.

All things being equal I think we've just seen the NFC Championship game preview.

Well done champs. Heck of a ball game.

Hail.

Indeed. Both teams went up and down the field with ease on each other. It's just because of how great each other's offenses are rather than a statement on either's defense. If both teams staged a defensive battle and points were at a premium, we'd be looking at a couple of also rans. ;)

I remember a year or two ago when the Colts and the Titans started off the year. It was a boring game where no one seemed to be able to do anything. The announcers were going on about what a defensive battle, two great team. Turned out the Colts started out 0-4 or 0-6 and the Titans sucked. Who knows, maybe both defenses suck this year. Or maybe they just had bad games.

Archived