Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GameDay Thread: Week 1

ACW

They didn't just stop the run, they caused havoc for the QB and he turned the ball over several times.

Agreed. I just don't think you can stop the pass against the better passing QBs with the current rule set. You can only harass the passing game. The running game can be shut down.

Agreed. I just don't think you can stop the pass against the better passing QBs with the current rule set. You can only harass the passing game. The running game can be shut down.

Jason Campbell gets lucky once again. He's got one of the most unstoppable RB's in the NFL and a defense that creates multiple turnovers a game for him to do next to nothing with.

dear oakland fans,

your team has a lot of talent.. imo you have a top 2 or 3 rushing attack, top 5 special teams, and a pretty decent defense all in a weak division. this is the absolute best scenario for Campbell.

these factors should cater to his strengths. the raiders could make the playoffs, but i dont ever see them winning it all or even making a deep run in the playoffs. good teams will slow down oakland's rushing attack and force JC to beat them. and vs. playoff caliber teams, that just isnt going to happen. the sooner you figure this out, the better.

Just watched the highlights for the OAK-DEN game... so... was everybody playing drunk?

so sloppy man.. throughout the entire game. i mean heyer had two false starts in a row. if a guy got a unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, thered be another one of the next play. had to be close to the record for penalties in a game. the refs even missed a few penalties... complete lack of discipline.

also, there were a lot of turnovers, fumbles, etc.. the rain had a bit to do with that though.

There were some games last year where Oakland's offensive stats looked similar to tonight; lots of rush yards, not many pass yards, though the stats were misleading on many such occasions, such as both of the SD games last year. However the stats do tell the whole story tonight; 2 total TDs, no turnovers, very low yardage by JC. He did what was asked of him, which was very little.

And good God, both teams must've combined for over 200 penalty yards, and that was without any long defensive PI calls.

I still can't believe people were considering this dude as an MVP candidate during the '08 season...

Not only that. Redskins fans were adamant about us resigning him ASAP to a long term contract in 2008. Go read the threads, it was comical, and even more so now. Manning money for Campbell!!!

Wow its scary how similar their threads are to threads we had here. Jason Campbell isn't even a game manager I feel like saying to those Raiders fans: ok so your running game played great, your special teams blocked a punt and got you good field position, and your defense created turnovers when they had to. Are all three of those things going to happen against a better team than the Broncos? If the answer is no then consider this: Campbell won't play any better against a better team.

Wow its scary how similar their threads are to threads we had here. Jason Campbell isn't even a game manager I feel like saying to those Raiders fans: ok so your running game played great, your special teams blocked a punt and got you good field position, and your defense created turnovers when they had to. Are all three of those things going to happen against a better team than the Broncos? If the answer is no then consider this: Campbell won't play any better against a better team.

not to mention a 63 yard field goal.. game is tied without that.

Haha, the Raiders fans sound just like ES. here's a few raider fan posts. Hilarious!

"I have to disagree. Campbell is by no means a top 15 QB, but he's perfect for this offense. Our points are going to be scored on running plays and screen passes, that's what we're built for. He gives us a smart qb who does not turn over the ball often. That's all we need. "

You're going to the Super Bowl throwing Screen Passes? LOL

"He's captain check down! When we need 8 yards for the 1st he'll throw a 2 yard pass on 3rd down. I'm glad we got McFadden on this team or we would be F'd. "

Haha

"The guy only attempted 22 passes today and it's like you expect 300+ yards on 13 completions. He didn't get any help from the predictable play calling and made the critical throw to win the game. 1-0 is all that counts as teams aren't awarded style points. "

They played the Broncos, who looked like a Division 2 team on Monday and barely squeeked out a win despite everything seemingly going their way and McFadden running around like Eric Dickerson on PCP. When your running game averages 7 a carry and your passing game averages under 5 then you are doing it wrong. The numbers are backwards.

"Go away you clown.

You are fake Raider fan. Campbell came in and played his but off even with his WR are ****ing up the audibles and the RT's are letting people through. The pass blocking was horrible all game.

Thank you Campbell for our first Opening day win in almost 8 years.

Go root for Cam Newton if you want 400 yards and a loss. "

Championship???

"Do you realize that receivers need to be open in order to be thrown to? Ford didn't do anything; Denarius didn't do anything; Schilens didn't do jacksh!t either. And where's Kevin Boss? We don't have a pass catching TE on the field---you know, the guy who was Campbell's most productive and reliable target last year. "

Was I the only one who noticed when they showed downfield on replays that he had receivers open all over the field but he was just checking down? I don't think so. Either every WR route is a decoy all game long or he's just doing the same crap he did for 3-4 years here.

"Like I said bro our RB's saved our ass today I'm still not comftable with JC as our QB! Can you blame me? As soon as he gets pressured he over throws throws it on the floor with out reach of the WR and if he does complete a pass it's 8 yards short of the first down marker which he knows he has to pass even H. Jackson chewed his ass out! "

Wow. Getting rid of Candle has to be the best thing this team has done in years. A few Raider fans are content with maybe possibly playing ball control and going 8-8 at best. Problem with relying on your running game all year is like with us, your RB isn't going to last and you aren't beating anybody in the playoffs playing martyball anyway.

Archived