Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking News via Twitter: Steve Jobs resigns as CEO of Apple (merged)

MattFancy

http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/24/steve-jobs-resigns-as-ceo-of-apple/

In a shocking development out of Cupertino, Apple CEO Steve Jobs has stepped

down, the board naming Tim Cook as his replacement. The company said "Steve's

extraordinary vision and leadership saved Apple and guided it to its position as

the world's most innovative and valuable technology company," and Steve himself

had this to say:

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my

duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know.

Unfortunately, that day has come.

I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I

would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director

and Apple employee.

As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend

that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of

Apple.

I believe Apple's brightest and most innovative days are ahead

of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new

role.

I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I

thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside

you.

Steve

Developing...

Hope apple finally dies now..............

Why would you say that? Apple has been one of the top American innovators of new technology around the world.

Yeah while not a huge Apple fan myself, some of their products have lead to bigger and better things. I will give them credit for the iPod and the iPhone, 2 great products. Although the iPhone has been passed by Android, it still helped lead the current smartphone revolution.

Not so much innovation as consumer-friendly genius. They market to the masses better than anyone outside of McDonalds.

There is some innovation there. Like I said, the iPod and iPhone helped revolutionize their industries. But you are right, they have some great marketing geniuses as well.

Although the iPhone has been passed by Android, it still helped lead the current smartphone revolution.

Do you mean in terms of sales or just quality of product? Because a buddy of mine was in town this past weekend with his new Android and I honestly thought it was clunky in use compared to the iphone.

I'm not educated enough in the specs of each to say for sure which one has the better overall features, but compared to the iphone 4, the Android just felt very behind.

Do you mean in terms of sales or just quality of product? Because a buddy of mine was in town this past weekend with his new Android and I honestly thought it was clunky in use compared to the iphone.

I'm not educated enough in the specs of each to say for sure which one has the better overall features, but compared to the iphone 4, the Android just felt very behind.

Depends on what phone he has.

The specs of an Android phone are way better than an iPhone. My Android phone has more memory than an iPhone, a bigger screen, a better camera, and 4G. That's just trying to keep it simple.

The specs of an Android phone are way better than an iPhone. My Android phone has more memory than an iPhone, a bigger screen, a better camera, and 4G. That's just trying to keep it simple.

Is the new iphone going to be 4G compatible? Also, is 4G even available in most places? Sorry I suck at this topic.

Is the new iphone going to be 4G compatible? Also, is 4G even available in most places? Sorry I suck at this topic.

Not a problem. I haven't heard if the new iPhone will have 4G or not. Some reports say yes some say no.

4G is available in a bunch of areas with Verizon. Most of MD, DC, and VA are in a 4G area.

Here's a map of Verizon's 4G: http://network4g.verizonwireless.com/#/coverage

Also, here's my phones specs vs an iPhone: http://www.wirefly.com/learn/resources/cell-phone-comparison/htc-thunderbolt-vs-apple-iphone-4-2/

It will be. It has to be. If the iPhone 5 is not 4G I'm going to laugh at all the clowns who buy it living in the past. Might as well go back to AOL dial-up also. Either way the Droid Bionic and Galaxy SII and eventually Google Nexus Prime will blow it away anyway but the brainwashed Apple folk will be happy with their inferior product.

Take a look at smartphones before the iPhone and tablets before the iPad.

Apple is innovative. Android would not be what it is today without Apple.

-Posted from my Nexus S 4G :pfft:

Take a look at smartphones before the iPhone and tablets before the iPad.

Apple is innovative. Android would not be what it is today without Apple.

-Posted from my Nexus S 4G :pfft:

I gave them credit for the iPhone. But now its been passed by Android.

Not a problem. I haven't heard if the new iPhone will have 4G or not. Some reports say yes some say no.

4G is available in a bunch of areas with Verizon. Most of MD, DC, and VA are in a 4G area.

Here's a map of Verizon's 4G: http://network4g.verizonwireless.com/#/coverage

Also, here's my phones specs vs an iPhone: http://www.wirefly.com/learn/resources/cell-phone-comparison/htc-thunderbolt-vs-apple-iphone-4-2/

Cool thanks.

I think it's so funny how Andriod users hate apple so much while apple users could careless about an andriod. Kind of reminds me of dc people (apple) and people from Baltimore (andriod) how Baltimore absolutly hates Washington while Washington just laughs at them.

It's like you guys hate that we are happy with apple products.

Archived