Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

I mean at the same time I can understand not playing him last year because of Jerrod Johnson but why is he a WR? I mean he's an athlete but he's a QB and you recruited him as a QB(can't find anything saying other wise)

One thing that makes good coaches is playing the best QB. Tannehill came in and just took that team to new highs. How is that? I mean I dont know how some of these coaches get their jobs. Thats why I like how Mike is handling this QB competition. He knows whos going to start, but he going to keep it open so he can see the best under the most pressure.

What do you guys think of Dayne Crist? Is he a prospect worth watching this year? Would he be a late round project?

Also, what would be your top 5 OG's and C's?

Personally not a huge fan of Crist if we take a QB I want to take one in the 1st 4 rounds of so considering just how deep this class is. Personally if we're going QB in the draft I think it'll be a round 1 QB, maybe even a round 2 guy like Kirk Cousins.

OG's and C's i'm kinda iffy on right now haven't really gotten huge into them, but keep an eye on Nate Potter as someone who moves into the G position in the ZBS scheme. Currently is the LT at Boise

Almost makes you wonder why he was recruited as a WR. Did he really play WR in HS? I would have to think he played QB in HS, since the best athletes on the team usually do. And I doubt he's throwing the ball for the first time in college haha.

So then why was he switched to WR at A&M, and what made them realize he should start at QB for them? Its all very strange to me, as I don't know the story at all.

I followed Texas A&M because I like watching their offense (a version of Mike Shanahan's offense) and because of their QB Jerrod Johnson.

Tannehill was recruited as a QB but he wasn't going to start of Jerrod Johnson.

He was a good enough athlete to play WR so Mike Sherman asked him to move to WR to help the team.

Last year Jerrod Johnson recovering from shoulder surgery got benched and Tannelhill took over and played well.

If people look at film you would have seen a quick release, accurate, and make the right reads.
I like this guy.
Lets say Locker his problem was accuracy in the pocket, reading coverage, pocket persence. Those were all Colts strenghts. Only Locker had on Colt is a arm.

I think that was the media perception in regards to Locker but I don't think it reflected the reality especially considered where he was drafted.

From a physical standpoint Newton and Locker were the best of both worlds as prospects: elite arm and elite playmaking.

Do you not remember the sig Soup was rocking about Gabbert? I think it said awesome hair = awesome QB under a dude with long blonde hair

Well, it was a joke haha, because I remember Soup hating making me a Gabbert sig lol.

---------- Post added August-23rd-2011 at 11:56 PM ----------

Best QB by far....lol

I come to the thread for the fights. Some of the fights that go on in the draft thread are epic.

I'll take a little bow, because I can only imagine that I am a part in some of them haha.

---------- Post added August-23rd-2011 at 11:56 PM ----------

I followed Texas A&M because I like watching their offense (a version of Mike Shanahan's offense) and because of their QB Jerrod Johnson.

Tannehill was recruited as a QB but he wasn't going to start of Jerrod Johnson.

He was a good enough athlete to play WR so Mike Sherman asked him to move to WR to help the team.

Last year Jerrod Johnson recovering from shoulder surgery got benched and Tannelhill took over and played well.

Thanks for clearing that up dg, looks like I was close!

Well, it was a joke haha, because I remember Soup hating making me a Gabbert sig lol.

:ols: Yeah that's right, I called him BP Blaine....lol

---------- Post added August-24th-2011 at 12:07 AM ----------

Seriously though, I think the real analysts (excluding myself of course) in this thread should come together and make a blog and just post links to draft profiles on the front page. You guys could divide the teams up so each person follows 2 or 3 teams. that way they can really analyze those teams without watching so much tape. Like ESPN does with its NFL blogs, one person is assigned to each division.

Did we ever made a profile of a Shanahan QB? We know the need to be (sneuky) atheletic and stuff but like persone wise.

What kind of guy does it need to be? And how about Kyle?

Does he like QB's with an attitude? We need a FBI profiler for this, any availble? ;)

Got to be a gym rat. I also think he got to take charge of the team. I think Mike and Kyle would respect that. A real competitive person n perfectionist.

Janzen Jackson*, FS, Tennessee

Height: 6-0. Weight: 180.

Projected 40 Time: 4.40.

Projected Round (2012): 3-5.

5/30/11: Janzen Jackson mysteriously withdrew from Tennessee in February to deal with personal issues. This undoubtedly hurts his draft stock.

anyone heard about this personal issues?

---------- Post added August-24th-2011 at 10:17 AM ----------

since he plays in the acc i'm going to keep a eye on this monstrous guy..

T.J. Barnes*, NT, Georgia Tech

Height: 6-7. Weight: 333.

Projected 40 Time: 5.35.

Projected Round (2012): 7-FA.

Might be worth a flyer as a UDFA but I think his height will be an issue when playing NT...he will likely loose leverage pretty quickly. As for Jackson seem a bit smallish to play FS so I would give him a shot as a corner first, then maybe move him back to FS if CB does not work out.

Janzen Jackson*, FS, Tennessee

Height: 6-0. Weight: 180.

Projected 40 Time: 4.40.

Projected Round (2012): 3-5.

5/30/11: Janzen Jackson mysteriously withdrew from Tennessee in February to deal with personal issues. This undoubtedly hurts his draft stock.

anyone heard about this personal issues?

---------- Post added August-24th-2011 at 10:17 AM ----------

since he plays in the acc i'm going to keep a eye on this monstrous guy..

Not sure the specifics on Janzen, but it's a tough loss for the Vols. Dude can lay the wood! For some reason, I remember earlier this year, he withdrew from the school, so I thought he was done playing ball anywhere at UT.

As for Barnes, he looks too big for the ZBS. Admittedly, I've not seen him on film, but based on his height/weight/40, it looks as if he'd be better in a power running game. Most of the time, you want 320 LB or lighterl quick, agile guys along the o-line for the ZBS.

---------- Post added August-24th-2011 at 09:59 AM ----------

Might be worth a flyer as a UDFA but I think his height will be an issue when playing NT...he will likely loose leverage pretty quickly. As for Jackson seem a bit smallish to play FS so I would give him a shot as a corner first, then maybe move him back to FS if CB does not work out.

He's originally a corner anyway. UT moved him to S.

I would love to get the following, but we'd probably only have a shot at one or two of them.

I would prioritize this draft with QB, RT, C, ILB, a red zone weapon, and then line depth. This is going to be another deep draft...and that 4th round pick we are getting from the Raiders will really pay dividens when we are talking about establishing depth. With our picks, we'll also be able to move around a bit.

Matt Barkley, QB, USC (dead ringer for the bootleg system)

Nate Potter, T, Boise State (he should be there in the second, runs well and blocks well.)

Manti Te'o, 3-4 ILB, Notre Dame (he'll likely be a first round pick, but this kid is a tackling machine and an absolute beast)

Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin (like this guy's size/speed, he should be there in the third as of now).

This is spot on. I am not a college fan, so I like these threads to see whats out there. the only other pressing need would be a true #1 WR. Big and tough guy...

QB is a must in this draft. Beck is 30 and both he and Grossman will get you a consistent 8 wins.

What do you all think about Chris Relf from Mississppi State? He looks like a pretty exciting player to me.

Most definitely going to have see more from him. I have my top 16 QBs listed, but he's not among them, and he probably wouldn't be in the top 25 when I get that far.

If he does have a great year, you'll hear about him "being from the spread..yadda yadda yadda". But as I said, he's going to be a guy I watch this year being in SEC country. I put him in the same boat as Ryan Tannehill for right now. Have to see more from each.

Archived