Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

I mean it could happen if some of the teams want a more polish passer or a pocket passer. Im just sayin this draft is deep. ILB, WR, OG, OT, OC, OLB, CB, RB, and S. That can push a QB down who would have thought McCoy fell to the 3rd or even Clausen to the 2nd? It was said Clausen was competing with Bradford for top QB. So it happens.

The difference is that Clausen and McCoy were both hugely hyped by the media...but they didn't have the same physical tools or attributes of a top QB. Not really.

Many of the QB's this year DID, despite all of their question marks. Same with this coming year, there are many that fit the profile of a franchise QB.

The difference is that Clausen and McCoy were both hugely hyped by the media...but they didn't have the same physical tools or attributes of a top QB. Not really.

Many of the QB's this year DID, despite all of their question marks. Same with this coming year, there are many that fit the profile of a franchise QB.

So, the question is (and I know you can't possibly answer this without looking into Shanahan's mind): Do we trade up in the draft?

I don't think the FO will look to draft a QB w/ a high pick.

But one would expect them to draft a developmental/QB of the future.

I'm hoping Ryan Tannehill flies under the radar and gets discounted due to limited starts/attempts.

I really like that kids skillset, he's a talent.

If he's available 3rd round that would be good value.

I don't think the FO will look to draft a QB w/ a high pick.

But one would expect them to draft a developmental/QB of the future.

I'm hoping Ryan Tannehill flies under the radar and gets discounted due to limited starts/attempts.

I really like that kids skillset, he's a talent.

If he's available 3rd round that would be good value.

He's the A&M QB, right? The guy who played receiver up to last year?

So you telling me Dalton or Ponder was better than McCoy? One thing is else is McCoy wasnt hyped they said he didnt have a arm. But that was said about Dalton and Ponder. McCoy was every bit the QB than those prospects.

According to who?

I don't recall Clausen or McCoy being hyped very much at all.

In fact I recall McCoy being on the receiving end of a draftnik hatchet job by Waltersfootball.

I thought McCoy's skillset (physical skills/attributes) weren't/aren't too far off from Bradfords.

I wasn't a big fan of Clausen but he was the most 'pro-ready' prospect and also had a similar physical skills as Bradford.

So, the question is (and I know you can't possibly answer this without looking into Shanahan's mind): Do we trade up in the draft?

I don't think so. I just don't think that's our MO, even though everyone has this "Shanahan will do anything to get his guy" thing in their head.

I should clarify. I don't think we'll do it if it means trading into the top of the draft. If we're around #18-20 overall, and need to trade up to 12-16, sure, I could see it if he loves the guy.

But I don't see us doing it if its a "sell the farm" thing for a top-10 pick. Luckily, I think there are enough QB prospects this year, and enough teams that, like GWinSkins83 said, have filled their QB needs for now, that we can grab a guy we love in the mid-1st or later, if that's our goal.

So you telling me Dalton or Ponder was better than McCoy? One thing is else is McCoy wasnt hyped they said he didnt have a arm. But that was said about Dalton and Ponder. McCoy was every bit the QB than those prospects.

I'll even say that we should have drafted him with our third rounder instead of Riley who Haslett seems to be relucant to start. Just saying McCoy was a better prospect than those. I'll even go far and say he had no stars around him on offense. So basicly he was carrying Texas.

I think that McCoy the "prospect" is much closer to those guys now, a year later, with what we know. Being perceived as having a pop-gun arm can hurt a prospect quite a lot, and I think we saw a lot of that with McCoy. But he fits perfectly into that West Coast system, and was clearly undervalued. I'm still not totally sold on him, but I'm not sold on Dalton or Ponder at all. Especially where Ponder was taken.

I think that when McCoy came out, there were a lot of teams right on the fringe of "needing" a new franchise QB who held off that draft, resulting in guys sliding. It was a weak QB draft after Bradford anyways. This year, things came together and a large number of teams felt the need to take a stab at filling that hole, and many reached because of this.

According to who?

I don't recall Clausen or McCoy being hyped very much at all.

In fact I recall McCoy being on the receiving end of a draftnik hatchet job by Waltersfootball.

I thought McCoy's skillset (physical skills/attributes) weren't/aren't too far off from Bradfords.

I wasn't a big fan of Clausen but he was the most 'pro-ready' prospect and also had a similar physical skills as Bradford.

Clausen was being hugely hyped. He was being mocked to us at #4 all over the place, and people were actually saying that he could be challenging Bradford for the #1 QB taken (this was before Bradford's pro day. It died down after that a bit).

McCoy you may be correct about, I think he was more hyped by fans.

I'll even say that we should have drafted him with our third rounder instead of Riley who Haslett seems to be relucant to start. Just saying McCoy was a better prospect than those. I'll even go far and say he had no stars around him on offense. So basicly he was carrying Texas.

Riley was a 4th rounder. We didn't have a 3rd that year, because we spent it the summer before on Jeremy Jarmon in the Supplemental draft.

---------- Post added August-23rd-2011 at 10:53 PM ----------

Some feel that if he puts up a big year that he could be in the 1st round talk pretty easily. I agree as well, more experience this guy can be a stud

Almost makes you wonder why he was recruited as a WR. Did he really play WR in HS? I would have to think he played QB in HS, since the best athletes on the team usually do. And I doubt he's throwing the ball for the first time in college haha.

So then why was he switched to WR at A&M, and what made them realize he should start at QB for them? Its all very strange to me, as I don't know the story at all.

I think that McCoy the "prospect" is much closer to those guys now, a year later, with what we know. Being perceived as having a pop-gun arm can hurt a prospect quite a lot, and I think we saw a lot of that with McCoy. But he fits perfectly into that West Coast system, and was clearly undervalued. I'm still not totally sold on him, but I'm not sold on Dalton or Ponder at all. Especially where Ponder was taken.

I think that when McCoy came out, there were a lot of teams right on the fringe of "needing" a new franchise QB who held off that draft, resulting in guys sliding. It was a weak QB draft after Bradford anyways. This year, things came together and a large number of teams felt the need to take a stab at filling that hole, and many reached because of this.

If people look at film you would have seen a quick release, accurate, and make the right reads. He passed for like 77% his junior year. He throw 69% his senior year and it was viewed as a down year.LOL. Arm stregth dont matter with me cause that can be developed in one offseason. He could get it up to where it needed to be for the offense to work. Aaron Rogers didnt have a strong arm either. He has one now. I dont know all they could say about Colt was his arm. Lets say Locker his problem was accuracy in the pocket, reading coverage, pocket persence. Those were all Colts strenghts. Only Locker had on Colt is a arm.

http://dallasnews.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Pr_Key=54556

Looks like he was a recruited QB listed as a dual threat. Really confusing situation to be honest :ols:

They should have a Palm Face right now! Im sorry how could they blow that. They could have been the big 12 champs last year if they didnt play him at WR first. I know they have regrets. They failed big time for this situation. They should have a Heisman canidate right now.

They should have a Palm Face right now! Im sorry how could they blow that. They could have been the big 12 champs last year if they didnt play him at WR first. I know they have regrets. They failed big time for this situation. They should have a Heisman canidate right now.

I mean at the same time I can understand not playing him last year because of Jerrod Johnson but why is he a WR? I mean he's an athlete but he's a QB and you recruited him as a QB(can't find anything saying other wise)

If people look at film you would have seen a quick release, accurate, and make the right reads. He passed for like 77% his junior year. He throw 69% his senior year and it was viewed as a down year.LOL. Arm stregth dont matter with me cause that can be developed in one offseason. He could get it up to where it needed to be for the offense to work. Aaron Rogers didnt have a strong arm either. He has one now. I dont know all they could say about Colt was his arm. Lets say Locker his problem was accuracy in the pocket, reading coverage, pocket persence. Those were all Colts strenghts. Only Locker had on Colt is a arm.

I'm not arguing with you, I'm just saying its tough to compare between different classes, because things change: mainly, team needs and supply/demand.

You can't fairly say "why did Locker go 8th overall and Colt 3rd round??", because they are totally different players, who came out different years, into a league that had different needs. And one of them hasn't even played yet. So its tough. It could all just be perception. But its very hard to say.

---------- Post added August-23rd-2011 at 11:07 PM ----------

I mean at the same time I can understand not playing him last year because of Jerrod Johnson but why is he a WR? I mean he's an athlete but he's a QB and you recruited him as a QB(can't find anything saying other wise)

I think its very realistic to think that since they had Johnson doing a fine job for them, they just needed to get him on the field any way they could, because he's a great athlete, to help them win, regardless of their intention to move him to QB after Johnson left.

Maybe that's not how it went down, but its possible.

Archived