Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

One of the things I like about Travis is that he's fearless about generating contact. He doesn't run from blocks, he goes into them head on. He's very strong and aggressive for his size but at the same time, he doesn't play out of control and is a really disciplined tackler.

Travis Lewis is also really fast. When you go back to some of these great ILBs in college, they weren't big guys, they were fast guys whose ideal fit was considered to be WLB in a 4-3: Patrick Willis, Jerrod Mayo, and perhaps Sean Lee & Bruce Carter for Dallas.

In the cases of Willis and Mayo, neither are particularly big now and Willis actually moves to WLB a lot of snaps since San Francisco shifts to 4 man lines fairly regularly.

---------- Post added August-23rd-2011 at 06:42 PM ----------

I like both Minnifield and Jenkins but there is just something special about Harris to me. He's got star playmaking skills and looks like the best player in a pretty good Oregon program.

But I'd probably take Jayron Hosley over all of them :).

Jenkins is a have superstar skills too. He is more of an shutdown corner. He was press covering Jones, Green, and Jeffery and it work. Go on youtube and tell that dude aint no bad man. He tackle, catches, and he is very tenacious. He looks like a pitbull out there playing.

---------- Post added August-23rd-2011 at 08:05 PM ----------

One of the things I like about Travis is that he's fearless about generating contact. He doesn't run from blocks, he goes into them head on. He's very strong and aggressive for his size but at the same time, he doesn't play out of control and is a really disciplined tackler.

Travis Lewis is also really fast. When you go back to some of these great ILBs in college, they weren't big guys, they were fast guys whose ideal fit was considered to be WLB in a 4-3: Patrick Willis, Jerrod Mayo, and perhaps Sean Lee & Bruce Carter for Dallas.

In the cases of Willis and Mayo, neither are particularly big now and Willis actually moves to WLB a lot of snaps since San Francisco shifts to 4 man lines fairly regularly.

I like both Minnifield and Jenkins but there is just something special about Harris to me. He's got star playmaking skills and looks like the best player in a pretty good Oregon program.

I just looked at Hosley vs NC St and he is no where better than Jenkins. Dude has no awareness and he's not shutting the WRs down he is basicly waiting for the QB to make a mistake. Another D Hall he is. I want Revis and thats Jenkins.

ITTTTTSSS BAAACCCKKKKK!!!!!!

So happy and pumped for the 2011/2012 CFB season and this thread!

I'm with steve, D&S, tris and other guys who think ILB and QB are our biggest needs. I'd love to get Barkley in the 1st, but I'm afraid he'll go too high for our pick (wishful thinking maybe).

I'm gonna follow and attempt to evaluate ILB's and C/G's. Looking forward to the thread this season!

I've got some guys I'm going to keep an eye on just because I love watching them play, so its not exactly Redskins-related.

For one example, I can't wait to see what Trent Richardson does. I think he's going to go in the top ten, and put Ingram's pre-draft hype to shame. He'll show why Ingram lasted till the end of the 1st, and its not because of the continued devaluation of RB's in the NFL and NFL Draft. Its because he's not a transcendent talent. Richardson is. He'll be the best all-around workhorse back to enter the league since Peterson. Obviously there have been less highly-touted guys, even non-1st rounders, who have emerged since Peterson, which is why I hate using the "best since ___" schtick. But while those guys, like CJ2K, Rice, Charles, even DMC now that he has shaken the injury-prone label (I always thought he was an immensely talented runner though, even while others called him a bust prior to this year), etc., are all excellent, they aren't all-time-great physical talents like Peterson is. They aren't talents so above and beyond the norm that you can see them coming from a mile away.

Richardson is THAT guy. I'm getting a little excited in this post, and maybe going over the top, but I won't be surprised if by draft time this April, Richardson is actually considered a BETTER prospect than Peterson even was (minus the injury concerns). Hell, you'll hear every year somebody says that a WR prospect is a guaranteed stud, the "best since Calvin" in physical talent. We had Crabtree, then Dez, now Green and Julio. This year we'll have Blackmon and a couple others in a strong WR class. It happens all the time at WR. But not too often does this come along at RB. Richardson is special

On a similar note, I hate that Kniles is out for the season. Luckily, its not an injury that will effect him at all, once he heals. But he probably won't declare now, which is a shame. His finances aside, if he declared anyways it would be cool to know that you could take him in the 3rd-4th and get a TOTAL stud with 1st round talent who dropped because of a random broken leg and a relatively small resume (and consequently even less mileage on his legs than he would have). I have this selfish thought in my head: I kinda hope he's one of those kids whose so desperate to get drafted and help his family with money from a contract, that he ignores the smart thing and declares anyways. Because I can't justify taking even a Richardson-level talent in the 1st, but I can absolutely justify wanting a Kniles-level talent in the 3rd or later.

I love it! Leave he who shall not be named out of it. We gonna be contenders this year!!

:silly:

Yeah that what Im talking bout. If we picking in the 20's I say get oline or ilb, than in the second try and get Jenkins. Than in the third get Cousins or Ryan Tannehill or RG3. But Hey Im trying to shack the team so than when we get a ace QB we can step right in.

Look how the QB's this year were torn apart and dissected in the media. Despite all of that, we watched how many QB's go in the 1st round? The 2nd? 3rd? Look how Locker was criticized, and he still went 8th overall.

If RGIII has even a decent year, a physical talent like him is not going to fall to the 3rd on draft day. No way.

I've got some guys I'm going to keep an eye on just because I love watching them play, so its not exactly Redskins-related.

For one example, I can't wait to see what Trent Richardson does. I think he's going to go in the top ten, and put Ingram's pre-draft hype to shame. He'll show why Ingram lasted till the end of the 1st, and its not because of the continued devaluation of RB's in the NFL and NFL Draft. Its because he's not a transcendent talent. Richardson is. He'll be the best all-around workhorse back to enter the league since Peterson. Obviously there have been less highly-touted guys, even non-1st rounders, who have emerged since Peterson, which is why I hate using the "best since ___" schtick. But while those guys, like CJ2K, Rice, Charles, even DMC now that he has shaken the injury-prone label (I always thought he was an immensely talented runner though, even while others called him a bust prior to this year), etc., are all excellent, they aren't all-time-great physical talents like Peterson is. They aren't talents so above and beyond the norm that you can see them coming from a mile away.

Richardson is THAT guy. I'm getting a little excited in this post, and maybe going over the top, but I won't be surprised if by draft time this April, Richardson is actually considered a BETTER prospect than Peterson even was (minus the injury concerns). Hell, you'll hear every year somebody says that a WR prospect is a guaranteed stud, the "best since Calvin" in physical talent. We had Crabtree, then Dez, now Green and Julio. This year we'll have Blackmon and a couple others in a strong WR class. It happens all the time at WR. But not too often does this come along at RB. Richardson is special

On a similar note, I hate that Kniles is out for the season. Luckily, its not an injury that will effect him at all, once he heals. But he probably won't declare now, which is a shame. His finances aside, if he declared anyways it would be cool to know that you could take him in the 3rd-4th and get a TOTAL stud with 1st round talent who dropped because of a random broken leg and a relatively small resume (and consequently even less mileage on his legs than he would have). I have this selfish thought in my head: I kinda hope he's one of those kids whose so desperate to get drafted and help his family with money from a contract, that he ignores the smart thing and declares anyways. Because I can't justify taking even a Richardson-level talent in the 1st, but I can absolutely justify wanting a Kniles-level talent in the 3rd or later.

I rather wait for Lamar Miller. Now he will kill it in the ZBS. He explose out of his cuts it looks like he'll snap his acl. But you can tell the game is in slow motion to him. Its crazy good.

---------- Post added August-23rd-2011 at 08:46 PM ----------

Look how the QB's this year were torn apart and dissected in the media. Despite all of that, we watched how many QB's go in the 1st round? The 2nd? 3rd? Look how Locker was criticized, and he still went 8th overall.

If RGIII has even a decent year, a physical talent like him is not going to fall to the 3rd on draft day. No way.

Only thing is supply and domand. Not many teams are going to be after QBs in the next draft. Thats a sham too cause this class is better but alot of QBs are going to slip. Name the logic teams thats going to be after a QB?

In the past, I haven't been a huge college football fan. However, thanks to this thread, I'll be keeping up a lot more this year.

At any rate, when you guys are talking about Kuechly, is he the type of LB that you would project in, say, the top 10, 15, of the draft or would you think he'd be available later in the round?...just trying to get a feel for where we'd need to be picking to have a realistic shot at getting some of these guys. Obviously, circumstances on draft day will dictate but I'm just trying to gain some perspective.

In the past, I haven't been a huge college football fan. However, thanks to this thread, I'll be keeping up a lot more this year.

At any rate, when you guys are talking about Kuechly, is he the type of LB that you would project in, say, the top 10, 15, of the draft or would you think he'd be available later in the round?...just trying to get a feel for where we'd need to be picking to have a realistic shot at getting some of these guys. Obviously, circumstances on draft day will dictate but I'm just trying to gain some perspective.

I believe he would be in the late first. He has the most production out of the ILBS. But he's a physical speciman like Bulfict, Te'o, and the Bama LBs. He's awareness is good I got to see what defense BC run. Since 3-4 ILBs are the toughest position to learn I would like to know which prospects already are making reads and playing a role like they will in the NFL. Thats y I would take da Bama LBs and Shov from Stanford cause they play 3-4.

Only thing is supply and domand. Not many teams are going to be after QBs in the next draft. Thats a sham too cause this class is better but alot of QBs are going to slip. Name the logic teams thats going to be after a QB?

Possibly Miami, Buffalo, Denver, and Seattle.

Kansas City, Oakland, Cleveland, SF, and Cincinatti are less likely possibilities as well. Teams don't have to stick with 2nd/3rd round QB's if something much better comes along after a very down year.

Also, have you seen the Colt's play without Manning the last 5 years? That team NEEDS to spend a relatively high pick on his replacement before its too late, even if he's got a few years left, even if its just a 3rd round guy with potential. Because that team will get run out of town if they have to play an entire season without Manning, and without a future QB with some actual talent. If that Brady injury had happened to Manning instead, the Colt's would have gone 3-13 at best. Abysmal team.

He's a guy who talent wise is a top 10 talent, but will get overlooked to a guy like Burfict or Te'o but will be just as productive. Burfict is the flashy playmaker LB who has discipline issues and Te'o has been hyped up ever since he picked ND over USC.

ILBs don't usually go top ten. I'd guess Kuechly could go somewhere from 10-25 with a good season under his belt. The insane supply of MLBs this season will probably convince him to go back to school though :(.

Love what Minnifield does, hopefully under London they are guys who actually produce to their potential when heading to the NFL unlike under Groh

Actually, you have it backwards - players under Groh continually underwhelmed in college, but were excellent pros. The past decade UVA players have been great values based on their draft positions.

Much like QBs, I feel CBs who play on weaker teams (worse defenses - less pass rush, etc) and still excel are the best values on the board. Minefield putting up comparable numbers to Horsley and Kirkpatrick with a fraction of the defensive front seven pressure? Now that's impressive. (not saying that he is better, but there is something to say for that)

If not QB, I think it's pretty obvious that we should be looking CB or ILB in the first.

Yes to CB...No to ILB

We should draft a ILB in the first only when Fletcher decide to call it quits that way we can have a young guy fill his shoes right away for 8+ years. I wouldn't stress over that position since there is a high success rate for 1st round MLB. Yes, I said MLB, but i'm not sure how the success rate for first round 3-4 ILBs. I'm sure its not a hard position to evaluate though....

best thing said in this thread yet.

Jason Ford

Isaiah Pead

Bryce Brown

Ralph Bolden

Nick Toon

Jermaine Kearse

Mike Adams

Matt McCants

Elvis Fisher

Andrew Datko

Chris Jacobson

Jaymes Brooks

David Molk

James Brooks

Billy Winn

Jerel Worthy

Coryell Judie

Morris Claiborne

Just a few of the guys that have jumped out at me so far when I've watched them. I went with names that I don't believe have already been said. I've underlined my favorites of the group I mentioned and wouldn't mind seeing them as Redskins.

Possibly Miami, Buffalo, Denver, and Seattle.

Kansas City, Oakland, Cleveland, SF, and Cincinatti are less likely possibilities as well. Teams don't have to stick with 2nd/3rd round QB's if something much better comes along after a very down year.

Also, have you seen the Colt's play without Manning the last 5 years? That team NEEDS to spend a relatively high pick on his replacement before its too late, even if he's got a few years left, even if its just a 3rd round guy with potential. Because that team will get run out of town if they have to play an entire season without Manning, and without a future QB with some actual talent. If that Brady injury had happened to Manning instead, the Colt's would have gone 3-13 at best. Abysmal team.

Cleveland no McCoy is going to be a beast this year. Bengals yeah if they are in the top spot. Other than than I dont see them giving up on Dalton. Seattle yeah so say Barkley. Oakland we'll see what they do with Pryor. If they keep him at QB then no they wont be after a QB. Colts yes. Bills yeah in the second not in the first LT Kalil thats who I think with them. Dolphins yeah Jones. Chiefs no. SF I dont know if they cant get Luck will they get another project QB if they cant get barkley or jones too? Alot of the QBs after those three could use a redshirt year I think. Broncos I think they are going to stick with Tebow. I just think they want him to sit and if they can get Luck then they would take him. But its not alot of teams like last year that needed QBs. Some will slip.

---------- Post added August-23rd-2011 at 09:54 PM ----------

Don´t we need to slow down? Don't know if I can handle a year long draftmadness, I have like a life XD

All man stop crying and name some of your prospects to look for.

Cleveland no McCoy is going to be a beast this year. Bengals yeah if they are in the top spot. Other than than I dont see them giving up on Dalton. Seattle yeah so say Barkley. Oakland we'll see what they do with Pryor. If they keep him at QB then no they wont be after a QB. Colts yes. Bills yeah in the second not in the first LT Kalil thats who I think with them. Dolphins yeah Jones. Chiefs no. SF I dont know if they cant get Luck will they get another project QB if they cant get barkley or jones too? Alot of the QBs after those three could use a redshirt year I think. Broncos I think they are going to stick with Tebow. I just think they want him to sit and if they can get Luck then they would take him. But its not alot of teams like last year that needed QBs. Some will slip.

Its all speculation, so I'm not going to argue your logic, even where I disagree.

All I'm saying that in the event that any of these teams under-perform even their mediocre expectations, and along the way their QB doesn't play well, guys like Henne, Fitzpatrick, Tebow, Whitehurst/Tarvaris, Cassell, Campbell/Pryor, McCoy, Kaepernick, and Dalton aren't going to stop a team from taking a better QB in the top half of the first round, in the right situation. Again, IF the team's QB's don't look good.

I'm with you on McCoy, but its a possibility. He's a 3rd rounder, so there's not much commitment. I think he'll be fine, but he might not.

Tebow will never be the starting QB of the Denver Broncos. Brady Quinn is passing him on the depth chart for the #2 spot.

Every draft is different though...in mocks I seen him go as high as late first and on draft boards seen him right outside the top 200.

Actually, you have it backwards - players under Groh continually underwhelmed in college, but were excellent pros. The past decade UVA players have been great values based on their draft positions.

Much like QBs, I feel CBs who play on weaker teams (worse defenses - less pass rush, etc) and still excel are the best values on the board. Minefield putting up comparable numbers to Horsley and Kirkpatrick with a fraction of the defensive front seven pressure? Now that's impressive. (not saying that he is better, but there is something to say for that)

I mean he put up some great numbers and yet for some reason teams continued to throw his way and he made great INT's. I think it was against the U he had that sick INT in the endzone. Rod Gilmore was actually talking about him a couple weeks ago as a guy to watch this year

Bryce Brown is very interesting to me. Complete stud recruit, who has never really started a college game because of the transfer. Will be very interesting to watch, with all the hype that was behind him kind of faded. But when a 5-star recruit, #1 at his position, transfers to a smaller school and is finally going to get his chance to start, I pay attention. Guy could tear up the nation this year. If he proves he can catch as well as be a stud running the ball, he could also be viewed as one of those "best since ____" prospects. Unfortunately, I've read that he's in his coaches doghouse after an offseason of not really being around and not being dedicated, so he STILL might not get a full chance to prove that he can live up to the past expectations.

The thing that might worry me, though, is his work ethic, as evidenced by the above doghouse comment. I mean, he transferred to Kansas to play with his brother, who is a leader on the team. And yet, his brother was around for all the voluntary workouts, etc. all summer being a leader and participating, and Bryce was no where to be found most of the time it seems.

Not a good sign for his dedication. Guy's obviously got a huge ego after being such a highly regarded recruit, even though he hasn't lived up to it.

---------- Post added August-23rd-2011 at 10:09 PM ----------

Every draft is different though...in mocks I seen him go as high as late first and on draft boards seen him right outside the top 200.

Oh no, I agree with this. I was just saying that even in a draft with tons of decent QB prospects, guys who were considered flawed, kinda raw, but physically elite were taken very high, regardless. So its doubtful that a guy with the measurables and talent of RGIII would fall all the way to the 3rd, if he showed the ability to even be a developmental passer.

Bryce Brown is very interesting to me. Complete stud recruit, who has never really started a college game because of the transfer. Will be very interesting to watch, with all the hype that was behind him kind of faded. But when a 5-star recruit, #1 at his position, transfers to a smaller school and is finally going to get his chance to start, I pay attention. Guy could tear up the nation this year. If he proves he can catch as well as be a stud running the ball, he could also be viewed as one of those "best since ____" prospects. Unfortunately, I've read that he's in his coaches doghouse after an offseason of not really being around and not being dedicated, so he STILL might not get a full chance to prove that he can live up to the past expectations.

The thing that might worry me, though, is his work ethic, as evidenced by the above doghouse comment. I mean, he transferred to Kansas to play with his brother, who is a leader on the team. And yet, his brother was around for all the voluntary workouts, etc. all summer being a leader and participating, and Bryce was no where to be found most of the time it seems.

Not a good sign for his dedication. Guy's obviously got a huge ego after being such a highly regarded recruit, even though he hasn't lived up to it.

---------- Post added August-23rd-2011 at 10:09 PM ----------

Oh no, I agree with this. I was just saying that even in a draft with tons of decent QB prospects, guys who were considered flawed, kinda raw, but physically elite were taken very high, regardless. So its doubtful that a guy with the measurables and talent of RGIII would fall all the way to the 3rd, if he showed the ability to even be a developmental passer.

I mean it could happen if some of the teams want a more polish passer or a pocket passer. Im just sayin this draft is deep. ILB, WR, OG, OT, OC, OLB, CB, RB, and S. That can push a QB down who would have thought McCoy fell to the 3rd or even Clausen to the 2nd? It was said Clausen was competing with Bradford for top QB. So it happens.

I mean it could happen if some of the teams want a more polish passer or a pocket passer. Im just sayin this draft is deep. ILB, WR, OG, OT, OC, OLB, CB, RB, and S. That can push a QB down who would have thought McCoy fell to the 3rd or even Clausen to the 2nd? It was said Clausen was competing with Bradford for top QB. So it happens.

No one was competing with Bradford for that top QB spot I can guarantee that the whole talk of Clausen that high was just pure draft hype

Archived