Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

I really wanna see him play some games. Haven't seen him at all. Def going to start watching some college football this year.

I'm not high on Landry. He's got great accuracy, but he makes the most BONEHEADED throws at the wrong times and costs OU. His decision making isn't nearly the best in the world, but if he corrects it, I wouldn't be too upset with him at QB. He's got all the skills in the world, including accuracy as I've mentioned before, which to me, is the most important attribute in a QB along with anticipation.

This is a good cornerback year. There are a lot of impressive players. One big name that underwhelmed me when I watched his cutups was Alfonso Dennard. I'm not sure what the fuss is about with him, as I thought he was dwarfed by Amukamara. I'll be looking forward to watching more of him this season to see how he improves.

One guy I really enjoyed watching the cutups for was Omar Bolden from ASU. He's a really good player that I can't wait to see more of. Between him and Vontaze Burfict, the ASU defense should be a lot of fun to watch this season.

---------- Post added August-24th-2011 at 11:20 AM ----------

Most definitely going to have see more from him. I have my top 16 QBs listed, but he's not among them, and he probably wouldn't be in the top 25 when I get that far.

If he does have a great year, you'll hear about him "being from the spread..yadda yadda yadda". But as I said, he's going to be a guy I watch this year being in SEC country. I put him in the same boat as Ryan Tannehill for right now. Have to see more from each.

Yeah I haven't seen enough of him yet. At first blush though he reminds me of Cam Newton with his speed and agility and coming from a similar offensive system.

EDIT: Came Newton also wouldn't have made anyone's top 15 lists going into the year and he ended up being the first QB drafted. So much can change in a single season.

---------- Post added August-24th-2011 at 11:23 AM ----------

I just looked up information on Omar Bolden and it looks like he tore his ACL in spring practice and his status for this season is in doubt. That's a damn shame. I hope he's able to come back before the end of the season.

This is a good cornerback year. There are a lot of impressive players. One big name that underwhelmed me when I watched his cutups was Alfonso Dennard. I'm not sure what the fuss is about with him, as I thought he was dwarfed by Amukamara. I'll be looking forward to watching more of him this season to see how he improves.

One guy I really enjoyed watching the cutups for was Omar Bolden from ASU. He's a really good player that I can't wait to see more of. Between him and Vontaze Burfict, the ASU defense should be a lot of fun to watch this season.

Agreed 100% with this. I'm a huge fan of Dennard, and wouldn't be shocked if he's better than Prince in the long run. I love his physicality and the fact that he's always around the ball it seems. Pretty hard hitter for his frame, too. I have Dennard, Judie, Kirkpatrick, and Claiborne as my top 4 CBs so far. I think this CB class COULD wind up better than this year's class.

Janzen Jackson*, FS, Tennessee

Height: 6-0. Weight: 180.

Projected 40 Time: 4.40.

Projected Round (2012): 3-5.

5/30/11: Janzen Jackson mysteriously withdrew from Tennessee in February to deal with personal issues. This undoubtedly hurts his draft stock.

anyone heard about this personal issues?

He was dismissed by Tennessee today. He had returned to the team and school in July and seemed as though he would be getting another chance, but this morning Coach Dooley released the statement kicking him off the team because of his "actions".

wow what was the reason he left in the first place.

---------- Post added August-24th-2011 at 11:49 AM ----------

also do you guys think its about that time to get a big TE to improve our redzone efficency? Cooley is getting older hes having a few injuries here and there.. I think its about that time we unload him for as much as we can get start Fred and draft a Tall athletic TE like a Jimmy Graham and Gresham.

also do you guys think its about that time to get a big TE to improve our redzone efficency? Cooley is getting older hes having a few injuries here and there.. I think its about that time we unload him for as much as we can get start Fred and draft a Tall athletic TE like a Jimmy Graham and Gresham.

I am a personal fan of having a big TE that is a redzone weapon, which is why I am still a huge fan of Martellus Bennett (who I would have taken over Fred Davis in a heartbeat). He is in the last year of his rookie contract and is still young at 24. If he is made available I would like to see us make a run at him.

College TEs that I like are Dwayne Allen, Orson Charles (love him as a WR/TE tweener ala Vernon Davis), Levine Toilolo, C.J. Fiedorowicz, and Joseph Fauria. I am also very interested in the development of Logan Thomas as I thought he was going to be a big time TE and now we get to see him at QB.

What do you all think about Chris Relf from Mississppi State? He looks like a pretty exciting player to me.

I'm with Nick on him as well, right now he's a guy I'm keeping a close eye on, but I do want to see more out of him just like I do with Tannehill. Those are the two so to say unknown guys I'm watching. Unknown in the sense its not one of the highly touted names you hear

He was dismissed by Tennessee today. He had returned to the team and school in July and seemed as though he would be getting another chance, but this morning Coach Dooley released the statement kicking him off the team because of his "actions".

Fail drug test. If he can get that together I would be all over him in the 4 or 5 round. He has that Eric atheliticism.

Hightower pick is a conditional 6th rounder

This is good to know, thanks. I had assumed it was a 6th or 7th.

---------- Post added August-24th-2011 at 04:08 PM ----------

wow what was the reason he left in the first place.

---------- Post added August-24th-2011 at 11:49 AM ----------

There have been some guys I loved the last two years, but couldn't justify it in my head. I loved Julius Thomas this year, who might be even more raw than Jimmy Graham was/is.

---------- Post added August-24th-2011 at 04:10 PM ----------

I am a personal fan of having a big TE that is a redzone weapon, which is why I am still a huge fan of Martellus Bennett (who I would have taken over Fred Davis in a heartbeat). He is in the last year of his rookie contract and is still young at 24. If he is made available I would like to see us make a run at him.

Bennett has been nothing short of horrible for the Cowboys. Injuries, immaturity and general jackassness, and big problems actually catching the ball. I don't want anything to do with him, honestly, even though I think he could accomplish something somewhere new. But John Phillips was outplaying him by a long shot last preseason before he was done for the season with injury, and the same thing is happening this preseason. Bennett's trash.

Don't know where to put this, but if you guys remember this guy from the 2011 draft, you could give me your thoughts. Probably thinking too far ahead here, but:

Johnny Culbreath - T - Lions

The Lions have worked seventh-round pick Johnny Culbreath strictly at offensive tackle in training camp.

A freak athlete for his size at 6'6/322 with a 4.92 forty, Culbreath is being given a look as Jeff Backus' possible eventual replacement. While that's a major long shot, Culbreath has "flashed everything he needs to do to be in the NFL," said coach Jim Schwartz. He'll likely spend 2011 on the practice squad.

Would be nice to steal a guy like that off of the practice squad, if that's where he's put like the blurb suggests. Only issue is having to keep him on the active roster for 3 weeks.

Don't know where to put this, but if you guys remember this guy from the 2011 draft, you could give me your thoughts. Probably thinking too far ahead here, but:

Would be nice to steal a guy like that off of the practice squad, if that's where he's put like the blurb suggests. Only issue is having to keep him on the active roster for 3 weeks.

Conn I am interested to see just what the staff thinks of Willie Smith he's shown flashes of being a good solid reserve OT in the NFL, but you also see just how raw he is. Culbreath is interesting but may not be if they feel confident in Smith

Conn I am interested to see just what the staff thinks of Willie Smith he's shown flashes of being a good solid reserve OT in the NFL, but you also see just how raw he is. Culbreath is interesting but may not be if they feel confident in Smith

Agreed with D&S here, we have our own Culbreath in Willie Smith. A raw, athletic tackle that you hope can be developed into a decent player in this league.

guys i want to watch this year

trent richardson (best back in the country)

alson jeffries (best WR in the country)

marcus latimore (best young back in the country)

dre kirkpatrick (breakout year for the CB)

donta hightower (perfect fit for our 3-4... elite talent coming off injury, should be elite again this year)

blackman (most productive WR last year)

broyles (will likely be the most productive this year)

denard robinson ( most electrifying player)

Barrett Jones/ william Vlachos ( 2 Bama interior linemen that i want the skins to target in rounds 2 and 3)

and obviously QB's as potential targets for the skins:

Luck

Barkley

Jones

Keenam

Agreed with D&S here, we have our own Culbreath in Willie Smith. A raw, athletic tackle that you hope can be developed into a decent player in this league.

Which I think they feel confident that he can be a solid back up. It had been stated before with Smith by a draft person(I think Bunting) that Smith is just starting to scratch the surface of his potential as a player

You know it took me a while to realize this but something just clicked for me about the way Mike and Bruce draft.

They haven't drafted a single underclassman.

Knowing that now, it seems obvious that they would have never drafted Blaine Gabbert.

Two trends that pop up with this FO are that they like seniors who are high on their school's career production lists (for the stat driven positions) or who have lots of starts/awards (for the non stat accumulating positions).

Go ahead and start ruling out those underclassman QBs, WRs, and defenders that you all like. Start focusing on the super productive seniors.

guys i want to watch this year

trent richardson (best back in the country)

alson jeffries (best WR in the country)

marcus latimore (best young back in the country)

dre kirkpatrick (breakout year for the CB)

donta hightower (perfect fit for our 3-4... elite talent coming off injury, should be elite again this year)

blackman (most productive WR last year)

broyles (will likely be the most productive this year)

denard robinson ( most electrifying player)

Barrett Jones/ william Vlachos ( 2 Bama interior linemen that i want the skins to target in rounds 2 and 3)

and obviously QB's as potential targets for the skins:

Luck

Barkley

Jones

Keenam

Justin Blackmon is a better prospect than Jeffries.

Why isn't anyone talking about Lemicheal James at RB?

Justin Blackmon is a better prospect than Jeffries.

Why isn't anyone talking about Lemicheal James at RB?

I think many people assume he isn't built to be a stud RB, and that the scheme helps him out a lot. He'll be an interesting one to break down.

Archived