Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

Great name you bring up with Janoris Jenkins, the move to the D-1AA(yes I know its FCS still 1-AA to me) will be a chance for him to show out and have a big year and put himself in a good light with scouts. Yes he has character concerns, but if he can keep in the good for a full year, then someone will want to take him in the 1st 3 rounds. Seen mocks with him in the 3rd because of the concerns, but I see him settling in the 2nd round but he's for sure a 1st round talent

Yeah he might be the best CB I seen out of Cliff Harris, the CB out of UN, Ryan Harris too. Im going to check film on Gilmore, Minnefield, and other top CB. But I doubt any shutdown WR he did last year. I mean dude handled Green, Jones, Jeffery, and any another wr he faced. Can be a complete steal in the second. But if you get him in the third man that just is crazy it would be like 2 dozen of GMs that should be fired. But I wish to the Football Gods we could get him in the third.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5570905

He's got some legal stuff as well man. Personally I think we just roll with our RB's for a while

What about a late-round flyer on Jeff Demps (assuming he sticks w. football)? Kid can FLY. Depending on what happens w. Brandon Banks, Demps could be nice to watch in TC as competition to some of our Special Teamers....

sucks that barring horrible seasons, players like Burfict and Te'o will be long gone.. Hightower would be my fall back.

They were merely pointing out the age of Moss.. We could still find a WR in the 3rd round if need be..

Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina

Height: 6-4. Weight: 215.

Projected 40 Time: 4.55.

Projected Round (2012): 2-3.

and

Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas

Height: 6-3. Weight: 217.

Projected 40 Time: 4.54.

Projected Round (2012): 2-3.

to guys i would watch for 1 could fall into the 3rd round..

I also seen one with Cruner falling to 4th since he not playing this year or going to be late to the field.

What about a late-round flyer on Jeff Demps (assuming he sticks w. football)? Kid can FLY. Depending on what happens w. Brandon Banks, Demps could be nice to watch in TC as competition to some of our Special Teamers....

I mean I wouldn't mind taking a late 7th on a speed guy, but also at the same time he'll have to prove to be better than the 4 guys right now as a RB which I dont see happening.

---------- Post added August-23rd-2011 at 11:30 AM ----------

I also seen one with Cruner falling to 4th since he not playing this year or going to be late to the field.

You mean Juron Criner right? yeah been seeing him slipping down in a lot of mocks, will be interesting to see where he ends up

I'm excited to see what we can do with a full slate of draft picks!!! (I know we gave up a pick for Hightower, but I doubt it'll be higher than the JC pick...) Plus, when is the last time we had our first 3 picks (edit: 2008 although we traded back).

How we play and when we draft will change a lot of this talk (hence another huge thread) but very excited to see how this plays out.

What round does Riley Reiff project at this point? With J.Brown on a 5 year deal, I think we wait another year or 2 for a high round tackle, but a 3/4th might make sense for a solid backup.

I mean I wouldn't mind taking a late 7th on a speed guy, but also at the same time he'll have to prove to be better than the 4 guys right now as a RB which I dont see happening.

---------- Post added August-23rd-2011 at 11:30 AM ----------

You mean Juron Criner right? yeah been seeing him slipping down in a lot of mocks, will be interesting to see where he ends up

Yeah him he is the perfect big WCO WR. He's big, fast, burst, and have good hands, and quick to turn up field. He's a beast and that could be a complete steal too if he falls down to the 4th. I also notice theres alot of good Oline in this draft that can be got in the 3rd and 4th rounds too. I think this draft is alot deeper than last year by far. DT, DE, OT, OG, OC, WR, CB, RB, ILB, and most importantly QB. Im excited we have more picks coming into this draft than last year and we drafted 12 players.

I'm excited to see what we can do with a full slate of draft picks!!! (I know we gave up a pick for Hightower, but I doubt it'll be higher than the JC pick...) Plus, when is the last time we had our first 3 picks (edit: 2008 although we traded back).

How we play and when we draft will change a lot of this talk (hence another huge thread) but very excited to see how this plays out.

What round does Riley Reiff project at this point? With J.Brown on a 5 year deal, I think we wait another year or 2 for a high round tackle, but a 3/4th might make sense for a solid backup.

Riley Reiff has been all over the place some have him in the mid 1st others have him in the solid 2nd round range.

One guy I will bring up that was discussed earlier was Nate Potter as a mid round pick who ends up becoming a LG for us and Kory then slides over to C. That could be an ideal scenario

My top guy is Matt Barkley. I actually like him better as a pro than Luck, I think mainly because Luck will probably never be able to live up to his hype. I also love Manti Teo, and we could really use a big ILB presence besides London.

Love Te'o but I see him ending up being taken in the 1st round, but if he makes it to round 2 I'm running to the podium as fast as I can and taking him

Ah finally my fav thread is back and better than ever. I have a ton of guys i'm gonna be watching real closely

Andrew Luck

Matt Barkley

Landry Jones

Nick Foles-I'm gonna try to forget how he stunk up the 2nd half of last year after he got hurt. He's needs to step it up big time this year. Plus hopefully they allow him to throw over 20 yards. :)

All the recievers-(Not a big need, but the talent is nasty this year) Blackmon, Fuller, Floyd, Jeffery, Broyles, Sanu, Childs

Vontaze Burfict

Manti Te'o

I think the most productive thing we could do to start out is identify what positions are in need of immediate upgrade and then depth.

Obviously, this is subject to change, but here are positions I think we should be scouting this year:

QB, WR, G/C, RT

DE, NT, ILB, CB

-my guys are Luck and Kelechi Osemele

-I like both Jones and Barkley, but Jones is a bit injury prone and Barkley is all hype(USC QB and high HS rating)

Come on ATL, you don't want a nice looking blonde kid throwing the ball? He excells at throwing on the run. That's what the zbs and bootlegs are all about. He's a little shorter than your prototypical passers these days, but he carries a lot of weight and has a good arm/mobility.

Luck won't be there...and to be honest, if he was, I would probably trade out of that spot and get three years worth of first round picks...call me crazy.

I think the most productive thing we could do to start out is identify what positions are in need of immediate upgrade and then depth.

Obviously, this is subject to change, but here are positions I think we should be scouting this year:

QB, WR, G/C, RT

DE, NT, ILB, CB

I would pretty much agree with that list Tris can't really think of anything else although I would say that NT is probably on the low for needs IMO

Come on ATL, you don't want a nice looking blonde kid throwing the ball? He excells at throwing on the run. That's what the zbs and bootlegs are all about. He's a little shorter than your prototypical passers these days, but he carries a lot of weight and has a good arm/mobility.

Luck won't be there...and to be honest, if he was, I would probably trade out of that spot and get three years worth of first round picks...call me crazy.

Thats not crazy that would be the smartest thing a team like us could do. For atleast three straight year we could get 2 or 3 starters in a draft is smart. Out of one of them you could get the QB of the future to. Luck would have to be better than 5 picks out together. I mean he's Great but is that Great?

QB, WR, G/C, RT

DE, NT, ILB, CB

-Bowen and Jenkins is the future at DE with Carriker being a possibility as well

-they are kinda already sold on Cofield being our NT

-Riley is the future at ILB...we are not going to address that position in 2012, because even if Fletcher calls it quits then we are going to move Rocky up 1 and Riley will be next to him

-Bowen and Jenkins is the future at DE with Carriker being a possibility as well

-they are kinda already sold on Cofield being our NT

-Riley is the future at ILB...we are not going to address that position in 2012, because even if Fletcher calls it quits then we are going to move Rocky up 1 and Riley will be next to him

I dont know about Rocky maybe Fox but after this year if Rocky is adverage his gone. I think ILB will get picked next year.

I would love to take advantage of what looks like a truly special linebacker class this year/next.

Either Manti Teo and Luke Kuechly would be awesome in the Burgundy and Gold. Perfect heirs to London and the heart of what would have to be one of the best groups of linebackers in the NFL.

We'd get to come up with awesome nicknames for the unit.

So I saw a mock draft where we traded up with Carolina to draft Andrew Luck, despite the fact that we were picking later in the first round. Even if we go 8-8 or 9-7, do you guys think we possibly trade up to get this guy? I'm not necessarily for it, but given his reputation I suppose I can see that happening...

Archived