Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Rotoworld: John Beck to start Friday

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

As expected. It's an open competition, Beck deserves a chance to start. Though, I have to admit, it seems like he needs a bit of work to get his timing back. I'm okay with either Beck or Grossman. Things will be at least interesting.

Nice. May the [beck] man win.

If John does indeed play poorly Friday, I do hope that’s not the ‘end’ of him. I just have a bad feeling that Rex will look golden this preseason, then lay a big stinker on Sept. 11. Here’s to hoping I eat crow!

I mentioned in an other thread that I fully expect Beck to get to play the entire half as Grossman did. If that's the case I wonder if fans will complain again about keeping our "starting offense" in the game like they did last Friday. I would say this week of practice and the preseason game will determine who the starter will be. If Beck doesn't light it up, it's Grossman's job. With that said, I expect Grossman gets very little time playing in this game if at all. It's interesting though....if Beck does get the whole half, it's going to be difficult for the rookie WR's to get playing time until the 4th preseason game....and some of them might be gone by then.

I am going to the Colts game.... I have a really bad feeling about Beck. Hope I am wrong but I smell a total beat down.

I'm really nervous cause I want the guy to succeed, and I actually think he'll have a good outing. I think he's going to have to have an amazing performance if he wants to win the job though :2cents:

I have no doubts that Beck will make several nice plays, that is how our offense is designed. If we assume Beck will make some nice throws, not miss open receivers when he has time to throw and that our running game produces enough to keep some drives moving, then Beck will help or hurt himself by avoiding or making mistakes. If Beck has a zero fumbles, zero interception game, then I predict he will have pulled even with Grossman in the QB competition.

He would have started the Steelers game if healthy..will see how he does. Pressure is amped up a bit as Rex had a really strong performance. I would be suprised to see the starters in as mush as they were the first game, including the O line. (which could spell trouble for Beck). Rest the starters this week, play them a lot game three and rest totally for game four.

Archived