Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Rotoworld: John Beck to start Friday

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

Do we have an cleu how we are going to split the games? Most of the time you start your starting QB in the 3th game and rest him the 4th but I gess that's to early for us....so are we going to see Beck the hole first half against the Colts. Then start Grossman against the Ravens(3th pre match, right?) and give Beck the second quater....and choose the starting QB after that game.

Only probleme that I see is when Shanahan wants Beck as a starting QB and Grossman plays just better. How is he going to explain that to us, like: 'Yeah I know Rex went 35/45 for 432 yards and 3 TD but Beck his numbers (22/53 for 212 yards and 2 INT) don't tell the story. When you watch the tape he gives us more chance to win''

I can not life with that you?

At least I want to see Beck going deep....see if he can make the read and the throw. We know Grossman will take a shot down the field (the throw to Stallworth was pretty good) but will Beck do it? Or will we be looking at a 10 yard throws and screenpasses off.

Do we have an cleu how we are going to split the games? Most of the time you start your starting QB in the 3th game and rest him the 4th but I gess that's to early for us....so are we going to see Beck the hole first half against the Colts. Then start Grossman against the Ravens(3th pre match, right?) and give Beck the second quater....and choose the starting QB after that game.

Only probleme that I see is when Shanahan wants Beck as a starting QB and Grossman plays just better. How is he going to explain that to us, like: 'Yeah I know Rex went 35/45 for 432 yards and 3 TD but Beck his numbers (22/53 for 212 yards and 2 INT) don't tell the story. When you watch the tape he gives us more chance to win''

I can not life with that you?

At least I want to see Beck going deep....see if he can make the read and the throw. We know Grossman will take a shot down the field (the throw to Stallworth was pretty good) but will Beck do it? Or will we be looking at a 10 yard throws and screenpasses off.

I agree with this completely

• 2 weeks later...
I think is the specific quote your vengeance bumping. Good call, though.

Nothing personal DGREENHULK - just having fun here.

Oh it wasn't personal. It's only that I JUST discovered that I had notifications letting me know I was quoted. And 50 yards was a little extreme.

Oh it wasn't personal. It's only that I JUST discovered that I had notifications letting me know I was quoted. And 50 yards was a little extreme.

Haha, gotcha. Actually didn't see you were the one that said he was wrong in the first place...so my fault. It was the right quote for you "vengeance bump. By the way "vengeance bump" made me laugh :ols:

It was a JOKE poking fun at another user who said that with Grossman we wouldn't get 50 yards vs the Steelers....

---------- Post added August-31st-2011 at 04:49 PM ----------

Lmao....the BOOK IT lets you know its a baseless prediction. Nice work.

(I'm assuming this post is a parody of posters that shall remain nameless.)

But really, if we can't get 50 yards vs the Steelers with Rex, then with Beck shouldn't the pessimism index be around 25 yards?

see guys somebody understands sarcasm...

Grossman looking good buddy

Let all of these armchair coaches think that it's "insignificant" that Rex started the "dress rehersal" game and that you get to start the "please god no one get hurt this is meaningless" game

Let them think that Beck looked so awsome against Baltimores 2nds and 3rds that he deserves to be in there with you

All the while you carved up those starting blackbirds and layed the smackdown on that unit showing the unbiased coaches what you can do

Let them believe that "John Beck the rumbling stumbling" QB is better for this offense and that he is starting this game

While you drink an ice T and remember which of you played so well that they got the important game and get ready to beat the Giants

It's rather sad that the coaches know the fans don't like you much so they are playing up this rigged fight as if you haven't already won it but they will when your leading us to victory

Sure sure John Beck gives us the same level of QB....man I can't even say that garbage some of you are believing.

This is looking more and more like all signs are pointing to Rex being our man against the G-men to me but believe whatever you want to

Let all of these armchair coaches think that it's "insignificant" that Rex started the "dress rehersal" game and that you get to start the "please god no one get hurt this is meaningless" game

Let them think that Beck looked so awsome against Baltimores 2nds and 3rds that he deserves to be in there with you

All the while you carved up those starting blackbirds and layed the smackdown on that unit showing the unbiased coaches what you can do

Let them believe that "John Beck the rumbling stumbling" QB is better for this offense and that he is starting this game

While you drink an ice T and remember which of you played so well that they got the important game and get ready to beat the Giants

It's rather sad that the coaches know the fans don't like you much so they are playing up this rigged fight as if you haven't already won it but they will when your leading us to victory

Sure sure John Beck gives us the same level of QB....man I can't even say that garbage some of you are believing.

This is looking more and more like all signs are pointing to Rex being our man against the G-men to me but believe whatever you want to

While I do think this is probably the greatest post in the history of this site, it occurred to me that you may have a least partially misfired on keeping with this thread's content and tone.

Shanny himself said he's alternating, and it plays out just like that -- Grossman, game 1 then Beck game 2, then Grossman game 3 then Beck game 4. Shanny also told the media, as Chris Russell reported, that he's treating the 4th game abnormally because of the lock out -- and will play the starters. If he's bsing will see in the first quarter whether he has the starters indeed playing. Beck played better against the Colts first stringers than Grossman played against the Colts 2nd stringers so IMO that nullifies your point about the Ravens game.

It was a JOKE poking fun at another user who said that with Grossman we wouldn't get 50 yards vs the Steelers....

---------- Post added August-31st-2011 at 04:49 PM ----------

see guys somebody understands sarcasm...

Haha, I recall it was BLC, the OP. who made the original, bold prediction. You get the heat for the parody, though. Pretty amusing. Ah well the world keeps turning.

On a side note, I like Beck, but don't mind if Rex starts. Too many people trying to tear down or build up one of our QBs around here. Neither is great at this point, but both look capable. I've resigned myself to the fact that its out of our hands, we'll see.

The team looks improved at every other position almost, so I guess this is where the focus is bound to go. I'm a Redskins fan first, not a Beck or Grossman one.

Archived