Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Post: Texas Governer Rick Perry running for President in 2012

thebluefood

speaking of brain dead....They did however put it out for comment

just because they were curious about peoples opinions on hypotheticals I'm sure:pfft:

I realize that using the term "brain dead" is hardly restricted to any single demographic. :ols: I also realized, after reading the article 3 of 4 times, that it might take some work, but someone dedicated could come up with some sort of Perry-affectionate take. Hell, its just flat-out hard to go wrong no matter what admin is in the WH to go after them on anything they say, or seem like they're saying, or might say, or even just make up that they said it, and look good no matter how pointless or sad-assed the attacker may be too. :D

Aug 15, 2011

Federal agency: Texas Gov. Perry wrong in comments about new license rules for farmers

http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/08/15/federal-agency-perry-wrong-in-comments-about-new-license-rules-for-farmers/

We live in such brain-challenging times (actually, it's not the times so much as the brains involved). The National Sorghum Producers posted a misinterpretation on a blog and off the good little reactionaries went....

I will add that pretty much anything Perry says is "brain-challenging"! He just don't know what the heck he is talking about, which is pretty typical of the 2012 GOP candidates: They always have a lot to say, but none of it has any substance.

I will add that pretty much anything Perry says is "brain-challenging"! He just don't know what the heck he is talking about, which is pretty typical of the 2012 GOP candidates: They always have a lot to say, but none of it has any substance.

So would his going to Harvard make the economy here go up or down?.....I'd take a deaf,mute if they deliver

You are looking for substance when too many Americans are looking for substinence

• 3 months later...

bump for chipwich

Is Rick Perry the Iowa Dark Horse?

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/12/is-rick-perry-the-iowa-dark-horse/250729/

While Iowa-watchers obsess over Rick Santorum's miniature surge and Mitt Romney's late strength, there's one other candidate on an upward trajectory: Rick Perry.

Aided by millions of dollars' worth of television ads boosting him and tearing down his rivals, the thoroughly humbled Texas governor has crept up in Iowa polling in recent weeks, improving from his crash-and-burn to reliably score in double digits.

While Santorum events on Saturday were reportedly drawing more reporters than caucus-goers, Perry was drawing healthy crowds -- a couple hundred at a stop here, in the meeting room of the Gigglin' Goat restaurant. Using notes to get through his stump speech, he was loose and compelling, if not particularly high-energy.

Two lines in Perry's speech -- when he said he'd defunded Planned Parenthood in Texas, shuttering 12 clinics, and when he called for a part-time Congress of citizen legislators -- got enthusiastic applause. He also devoted substantial time to an attack on Santorum's fiscal record, evidence, if any were needed, of who Perry sees as his principal competition for the cultural conservatives for whom he's made a naked play. (Perry's campaign also is airing a radio ad attacking Santorum.)

Perry pointed out Santorum's eight votes to raise the debt ceiling, his support for the Medicare prescription drug bill (Perry erroneously referred to it as "Medicaid Part D") and his history of seeking earmarks. Santorum, he noted, has made a federalism argument to defend the earmarks. "But pork-barrel spending, when senators scratch one another's backs, is not about federalism. It's about fleecing the American taxpayer," he said.

"I raise these issues because, in the end, elections come down to differences," Perry continued. "What I'm telling you is that you don't have to settle for another Washington insider, or anybody who's trying to tell you they're conservative but their record's not that."

• 2 weeks later...

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-primaries/204201-perry-vows-to-fight-on-regardless-of-sc-finish

Texas Gov. Rick Perry on Sunday vowed to continue his campaign for the GOP presidential nomination in Florida, regardless of his finish in the South Carolina primary.

"That's our intention," he told Candy Crowley on CNN's State of the Union.

When she pressed him on whether he would stay in the race even if he finished last in South Carolina, Perry repeated that was his intention.

Qi6WV6Ar65o

I dont agree with Perry on most things and I also do not agree with him here either...

However, I respect that Perry is willing to put his neck out there for these "kids". Most of the politicians out there would not do that regardless of how they felt about the situation.

I dont agree with Perry on most things and I also do not agree with him here either...

However, I respect that Perry is willing to put his neck out there for these "kids". Most of the politicians out there would not do that regardless of how they felt about the situation.

You think he's "putting his neck out"? And that he's "doing it for the kids"?

Or is he doing whats safe, among the GOP base, and playing the "Liberals hate soldiers and I love the military" card?

I wouldn't vote for Rick Perry if he was running for president of my homeowners association. The man can't even remember what he's getting rid of if he's ever in a position to further destroy this country. smh

---------- Post added January-16th-2012 at 04:04 PM ----------

Qi6WV6Ar65o

That's why America has gone from a crown jewel of a country to a laughing stock... our insistence on excusing the deplorable behavior of our younger generation... What happened to class, decorum, being better than the enemy? Why are we comfortable lowering our values, ethics and morals to such depths at this point in our history? Pathetic...

You think he's "putting his neck out"? And that he's "doing it for the kids"?

Or is he doing whats safe, among the GOP base, and playing the "Liberals hate soldiers and I love the military" card?

From what I know of him he is doing it for the kids,he truly loves the military.... and they are not game pieces or props for him and he will never pull a Murtha

he has done quite a bit for them here that is out of the limelight

as far as putting his neck out?...not a real issue as you say

What would be a fitting punishment Bur?
Punishment for the troops? Hard to say without more info. I'd grant more leniency if they were 19, 20 years old than if they were a decade older. Ideally part of the punishment would include service to Afghan civilians in a manner that would foster respect as people, but I suspect the risk of another incident (provoked or otherwise) becoming public would be too great. Whatever else you do, gotta remove them from combat as it is clear this is not working well for them.

Punishment for Perry and his silly comments? That's on its way also. :silly:

Why bother to punish Perry for his moronic comment?

Anyone with a brain will punish him with their vote.

Perhaps Perry should recognize that while boys will sometimes be boys, that doesn't excuse them from their actions, and it never has.

~Bang

Perhaps Perry should recognize that while boys will sometimes be boys, that doesn't excuse them from their actions, and it never has.

~Bang

Coulda swore he called for punishing them appropriately in that vid just now.....those troops deserve not to be used in diplomatic gamesmanship

Coulda swore he called for punishing them appropriately in that vid just now.....those troops deserve not to be used in diplomatic gamesmanship
Too bad they made themselves into an international incident. While I agree that the punishment should not be inordinate, what they "deserve" is to reap the consequences of their actions.

See, i get lost when he starts in with his criticism of the administration and it's disdain for the military.

(He's the CiC. They're his employees and his responsibility. Unfortunately the media will blow everything up because idiots like Perry will seize the opportunity to pretend the admin has some sort of disdain for the military, and other idiots will buy it, and to pretend that the 'over the top' rhetoric isn't being spewed right there in that video is a farce).. meanwhile in it's disdain for the military it has done just fine in killing those terrorists, and in fact hasn't backed out of a single fight that they walked into... including starting a few of their own to continue to try and win this war.

It's the bull**** like that I get sick of.

Do they put strawberry flavoring in to help you swallow it?

we absolutely know how our enemy fights. It takes anything it can to use public opinion as a weapon. And a video like that is serious, since it can be used to convince other people to strap bombs on themselves and blow up market squares packed with women.

Like it or not, because of that, these men have to be handled rather publicly, and at the very least, make it appear as if we strongly disapprove. Using something like this to cause political disunity is actually aiding our enemy when you get right down to it.

I am sure they will get the appropriate punishment, no more or less. But publicly, it has to appear as if we take it very seriously. Perry minimizing it by telling these evil ****ers that Churchill did it and Patton did it just reinforces their belief that we're what they think we are, and helps them recruit others to their cause.

Nice job.

~Bang

Archived