Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sad :( Probably no good choices for 2012 Presidential Race

88Comrade2000

Who else feels disenfranchised with voting?

I feel like voting 3rd party is pointless (although I wish it wasn't) because my vote will be cancelled out by some uneducated moron who votes X or Y because their family votes that way, or they don't want a 'black' as the POTUS, or whatever social issue that shouldn't be a frontrunner for decision.

And even if the majority of the country was educated on the canditate's viewpoints, we all know that politicans backpedal and seldom can achieve what was promised during the election road. I suppose most of that is due to our leaders acting like kids (debt ceiling).

What a mess.

Sadly, I think this is the way our politicians will be from here on out. ****ty candidates, slim pickings.

I've thought for awhile now that if you're one of the best and brightest in this country and could go into a political career, why would you? Why not stay a lawyer, doctor or some other profession that'll pay you well and keep you out of the public eye? Why would anyone want to be a politician? So Fox News and MSNBC can crawl up your ass and drag out any skeletons you have in your closet? So your family can be held up, scrutinized and made fun of?

Forget it. There's absolutely no good reason to be a politician and as a result we're going to get a bunch of crap from here on out. The pros simply do not outweigh the cons.

Obama is mediocre enough to have my tepid support

If the GOP was less repulsive the choice would be much harder

Agreed.

I'm voting for ole Ron Paul just to have a clear conscious, cast a vote, and do my part to help give all the "moderates" an eff you. Both parties have utterly failed because staying in power is more important then executing said power.

This latest with the credit rating just pushed me over the top. It's not like this came out of no where. Nope. We all knew this was coming. Yet we use the lives of the world as a bargaining chip to keep a ****ty job as a congressman.

I doubt most of the US these days will elect an evangelical to the highest office.

I didn't realize Methodists were evangelicals....

Praise Jesus,they are finally coming around :point2sky

Can I get a amen Bro ASF :silly:

I didn't realize Methodists were evangelicals....

Praise Jesus,they are finally coming around :point2sky

Can I get a amen Bro ASF :silly:

He now attends a southern Baptist church most of the time.

He is no more methodist than I am. ;)

Moreover, that wasn't a methodist (in any extreme) event he attended this past weekend. That was evangelical at the core.

This Thursdays Iowa PResidential Debate and Saturday's Iowa straw poll and Rick Perry's entry to the race should shake things up.

I figure Rick Perry will vault to #2 and probably after a little campaigning pass Romney. Some of the fringe candidates last chance is Thursdays. Yeah- no votes have been cast but candidates like PAwlenty might not be able to last much longer.

twa, sometime sooner than later I hope, you leave this mental wasteland you've been spending too much time in the last year and wander back closer to your old turf where you were often a semi-reasonable and almost always at least sort of smart representative of both conservatives and Texans---and that's no easy feat. It's too late for me to regain my fully-functioning mind, but I'd like to think you can still save yourself. :)

It's too late for me to regain my fully-functioning mind, but I'd like to think you can still save yourself. :)

Embrace it brother, the skies are beautiful here

come into their awe inspiring beams.....Oh look......a Newt :beatdeadhorse:

:cloud9:

Embrace it brother, the skies are beautiful here

come into their awe inspiring beams.....Oh look......a Newt :beatdeadhorse:

:cloud9:

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

incorrigible

I'm sure we're somehow related

or maybe I'm adopted and you and my sister (the president of the Ocean Park WA chapter of the Sarah Palin fan club) are related. :)

I didn't realize Methodists were evangelicals
I doubt most of the US these days will elect an evangelical to the highest office.

Technically, the majority of Chrisitians are evangelicals, in that evangelical basically means belief in the four Gospels, the importance of personal conversion, and the atonement of man's sins through the death of Christ.

Methodists, Presbyterians, Baptists, and even Episcopalians fall into this category.

That being said, we have not had an non-"evangelical" President since Nixon, and some people can argue that even Quakers' beliefs also fall within the traditional "evangelical" rhetoric.

Certainly Southern Baptists Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton fit even the strictest definitions of evangelical Christians.

Now, the term you might be looking for to describe the ultra-conservative strand of Evangelicalism most commonly assocaited with the religious right is Christian Fundamentalism, which has a distinct split from Evangelicalism around the time of Billy Graham.

Now, I must admit I do not know where on the spectum Perry's (and Clinton's for that matter) personal sect of South Baptist falls (or whether he truely considers himself a Baptist or a Methodist), because much like the rectangle and the square, while all Fundamentalists are Evangelicals, not all Evangelicals are Fundamentalists.

In my experience a Baptist church that takes Baptist off the sign/name is not usually a fundamentalist church

Not familiar with where he is going though

I agree on Carter,Clinton,but the fearmongers got selective memories:pfft:

Many times it is used to describe the manner of the churches outreach efforts rather than the technical definition you used.

If Trump gets the nomination then I'll have no choice but to vote Obama or maybe even Nader. I shudder to think about what Trump, a deluded jackass who won't acknowledge the silver spoon he had in his mouth, whose companies have filed for bankruptcy more than a few times, and whose popularity derives not from merit or talent but from having a ginormous yap, would do with the country.

Agreed.

I'm voting for ole Ron Paul just to have a clear conscious, cast a vote, and do my part to help give all the "moderates" an eff you. Both parties have utterly failed because staying in power is more important then executing said power.

This latest with the credit rating just pushed me over the top. It's not like this came out of no where. Nope. We all knew this was coming. Yet we use the lives of the world as a bargaining chip to keep a ****ty job as a congressman.

That's where I'm usually at, but I'm strongly considering voting for the biggest asshat out there. Seriously, Perry, Bachman, Obama, Clinton, Trump, Palin and people wanting the most famous puppet Powell to run? There is no hope.

Let's jump on the crappiest boat out there and help it sink faster. The anticipation is killing me.

That's where I'm usually at, but I'm strongly considering voting for the biggest asshat out there. Seriously, Perry, Bachman, Obama, Clinton, Trump, Palin and people wanting the most famous puppet Powell to run? There is no hope.

Let's jump on the crappiest boat out there and help it sink faster. The anticipation is killing me.

A Perry/Guiliani ticket would have two things that are very rare in American politics, a Presidential and Vice Presidential nominee which have both been very successful as executives in charge of governments.

It's hard to argue that NY was worse after Rudy than before. It's hard to argue that Perry hasn't created jobs in Texas. Both are in stark contrast to Obama.

Archived