Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sad :( Probably no good choices for 2012 Presidential Race

88Comrade2000

You know it's kind of sad that we probably won't have any good choices for next years presidential race. Yeah, we have choices now but once the race settles; I see race as OBama vs. Romney or Perry and maybe Trump. That's why I don't see any choices.

Obama - Another 4 years of him is depressing. We already know what we will get with him. The more we go into his presidency, the more he makes Bill Clinton a better president. Hillary should've been the nominee and President. Honestly, I see Obama as nothing more than a puppet. The Democratic powerbrokers didn't want the Clintons again; so they found Obama to be their guy. Other than Obamacare, the guy has basically rubberstamped whatever those in power wanted. Expansions of wars, bailouts to banks, etc... While I would disagree with everything that could've passed; he could've had a liberal utopia with congress basically his.

Romney - Slick Romney will flip flop on everything. Heck, he could a Republican Obama in some ways.

Rick Perry - Seems to right wing but once he gets in, it will probably be his race to lose.

Trump - He says he may run after all if he doesn't like the Republican nominee and the economy is still in the crapper. I think we've already seen he isn't for the Presidency.

Given those most likely options, we don't have any. Perry would swing the country the other direction, so far that most won't like it. We know where Obama will go and even Romney. I don't see Trump as a realistic choice but he could tip the election to Obama.

What we needed was someone challenging Obama and taking the democratic nomination from him. The best choice for President in Jan. 2013 is another democratic other than Obama. Now, this won't happen because the democrat that does this would lose the black vote forever.

Even some liberals are writing about someone challenging Obama since he isn't liberal enough for them. I just see Obama as a weak president, who doesn't lead and does what others want. Whether that be his opponents of the big corporate interests or the war machine. We didn't have anyone really go to jail over the 2008 crash. The Fed gave over 2 trillion dollars to whoever they wanted.

Gary Johnson!

I slightly edited my post, I meant once the dust settles. The most realistic options will be Obama vs. Romney or Perry and maybe Trump.

Gary Johnson, Ron Paul, etc... don't have a realistic chance at the nomination. You know you have even heard much from Gary Johnson.

I slightly edited my post, I meant once the dust settles. The most realistic options will be Obama vs. Romney or Perry and maybe Trump.

Gary Johnson, Ron Paul, etc... don't have a realistic chance at the nomination. You know you have even heard much from Gary Johnson.

There are definitely some valid criticisms of the current administration. However, I'm not sure I agree with the vast majority of the criticisms that you presented.

Also, if Perry becomes President . . . yikes.

Rick Perry is a freaking lunatic, Bachmans husband sets off the gaydar like a five alarm fire, despite curing 20 men of gaydom, Palin is, well, Palin, Romney reminds me of a lying, cheating Kerry. The GOPs bucket has a large hole in it.

Truth. Get ready for 4 more years of Obama.

I actually kinda like Herman Cain, but I don't think he stands a chance.

Like Catatonic said, for the people that actually vote and actually pay attention to who they are voting for, it will likely be voting for who you deem the less ****ty. And that is unfortunate.

There are good candidated that have no interest in running, and we will continue to have "meh" candidates from both parties until someone decides to have some sack. Unfortunately someone that shakes things up and does what this country needs won't be elected any time soon.

As much as I don't care for Obama, that pack of clowns could have me campaigning for him.

They honestly scare me and when Palin is the best option, it makes me think of the movie Idiocracy.

I hear ya. I'm no Obama supporter either. What's maddening is that he should be easy pickin's this election and the Rep's still won't be able to choose a candidate that can pull it off. It really makes me think that anyone who has the intelligence to be a good president thinks to themself "Why the hell would I want to get involve with that crappy job."

---------- Post added August-4th-2011 at 01:06 PM ----------

what are ya'lls good options?

Can we re-animate Thomas Jefferson????

It really makes me think that anyone who has the intelligence to be a good president thinks to themself "Why the hell would I want to get involve with that crappy job."

Oh, I agree. I think there are good people out there from both parties that don't want to run for president. It is not an easy job, especially now. I am sure there are a lot of people out there that have big ideas on how to fix this country, and some just might work. But either they would not get elected because people would be afraid that something would get taken away from them (with assistance from the media and campaign ads) or those big ideas would get crushed once they got to Washington as they realize that Congress is fine with the status quo or whatever will keep them in their seats.

Oh, I agree. I think there are good people out there from both parties that don't want to run for president. It is not an easy job, especially now. I am sure there are a lot of people out there that have big ideas on how to fix this country, and some just might work. But either they would not get elected because people would be afraid that something would get taken away from them (with assistance from the media and campaign ads) or those big ideas would get crushed once they got to Washington as they realize that Congress is fine with the status quo or whatever will keep them in their seats.

Exactly. We are living in an "All about me" society now. There is very little real integrity left in Washington. Both parties have been hijacked by self serving assclowns, and as long as we are tied to a two party system real changes are going to be few and very far between.

I will never vote for Perry or Trump. I'm still interested to learn more about Huntsman and intend to give him a serious look. I will not consider any Republican candidate that develops a policy platform based on the wishes of the Norquist-following Tea Party crowd.

I thought Bobby Jindal was going to be in the running this year, but he has been strangely silent. Again, I think it's a case of being to smart to get involved in the mess.

Exactly. We are living in an "All about me" society now. There is very little real integrity left in Washington. Both parties have been hijacked by self serving assclowns, and as long as we are tied to a two party system real changes are going to be few and very far between.

It's a joke. I don't doubt that Obama had dreams of change, but right now change is a myth. Now, I don't know if I would have agreed with his change, but I do know that we can't keep doing the same things that we have been doing. There are so many roadblocks that exist for someone to make any kind of significant change.

It's like when I spend too much money, but then I go buy a lottery ticket, hoping I can win $10K to dig me out of a hole. It never happens, but every once in a while I still try. There are no $1 Trillion scratch tickets for the federal government, but it seems like Congress is fine with just waiting things out and maybe something good will happen. Just as I have to get my ass in gear and do things differently, so do they.

I thought Bobby Jindal was going to be in the running this year, but he has been strangely silent. Again, I think it's a case of being to smart to get involved in the mess.

No shot. He's still getting over the debacle of a GOP response a few years back.

Plus, I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to hold against him the fact that he was born a Hindu and not a Christian.

I have no idea who I will support this time around. I said that I kinda liked Herman Cain earlier, but I should probably reword that. I was intrigued by a few of his fiscal ideas, but there are a few other things about him that throw up some red flags. I like Bobby Jindal, but as Catatonic said, he has been silent. I like some of what Ron Paul says, but some I don't. I like some of the stuff I hear from Huntsman, but I will have to do a little more research.

I just wish that people would try and weed out the B.S. when choosing who they support or vote for. It's a pretty important decision. Far too many people listen to the media (I can't stand Fox News or MSNBC), believe everything they hear in campaign ads or vote how their friends or parents do. Politicians do throw a bunch of B.S. at us, but there is valuable information buried in there if we care enough to look for it. All the way down to a local level, we have started voting for the people that tell us what we want to hear and look good doing it. Anyone can do that. We are not voting for the best PR person here. I would probably be most inclined to vote for the person that was telling me that everything is not sunshine and roses and that we are going to have to make some tough decisions. Because I think we do.

---------- Post added August-4th-2011 at 01:37 PM ----------

No shot. He's still getting over the debacle of a GOP response a few years back.

You are exactly right. I'd be lying if I didn't say that is one of the things that I think of first when his name pops up. But it is unfortunate that is what it comes down to.

Archived