Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sad :( Probably no good choices for 2012 Presidential Race

88Comrade2000

How do we know?

I thought President Obama was going to be a horrible President and other than Jobs (not a fan of Tarp, but i hear it kept us from the cliff), just need to reign it back in now as we was the plan?.... he's been quite centrist and pretty good.

As with Bush we can destroy them on spending but quite a few other things will go down in History.

I think Colin Powell being 68% Republican was plent good enough for me to go full on vote happy, i don't subscribe to 99% of nothing. Those are mindless lemmings.

I think the real problem is that in large part, Americans are an ill-informed, easily manipulated, and unintelligent electorate. I would be willing to bet that at least 80% of registered voters already know who they want as president, yet couldn't give you a concrete reason as to why or what that candidates political philosophy is.

---------- Post added August-4th-2011 at 01:54 PM ----------

Who are the "good" Democrats and Republicans that are too smart to run? Anyone have a list handy?

I certainly don't have a list. But the ones currently seeking the nomination are not on it.

There are no "good" candidates anymore, because it is impossible to be a good candidate anymore. We are too cynical, and they get so much scrutiny and criticism that every one of them is tarnished as soon as they appear.

THe candidates of the past weren't any better than the ones of today. Don't kid yourself. Humans are flawed, and always will be.

There are no "good" candidates anymore, because it is impossible to be a good candidate anymore. We are too cynical, and they get so much scrutiny and criticism that every one of them is tarnished as soon as they appear.

THe candidates of the past weren't any better than the ones of today. Don't kid yourself. Humans are flawed, and always will be.

I'm not looking for the 2nd coming of Christ in a candidate. All I want is for one of them to tell me the truth.

I don't disagree with you, it is possible to make anyone look bad. Back in the day, you did not have the internet or a 24-hour news cycle to fill to talk about every facet of a candidates' life. I don't really care about a lot of stuff that is talked about, I care how they are going to fix the country. I don't care that Chris Christie is fat, I just care about the policy decisions that he would make. Just an example, I don't care one way or the other about Christie.

There are guys like Mitch Daniels that declined to be a candidate, partially because of the loss of privacy that his family would have if he were to run. Your family should not be as big of an issue as it is in campaigns. I don't know how good of a candidate Mitch Daniels would have been, but there are some things about him that intrigue me. But that he will not be a candidate at least partially because of a lack of his family's privacy is unfortunate.

You've got to have a little something different going on upstairs then most to want to do this job anyway. ****ty pay, horrible health risks, locked up in a house, no time alone.... It's amazing people can make it to the nominating portion of the process. You'd think anyone that fit the psycho bill for the job would long ago screw up.

I thought that was the present duo?

Well, the current President makes Perry look like Krusty the Klown.

But Huntsman probably would look less clowny than Biden in the VP role.

I'd rather see the man in charge be the non-clown, though.

You've got to have a little something different going on upstairs then most to want to do this job anyway. ****ty pay, horrible health risks, locked up in a house, no time alone.... It's amazing people can make it to the nominating portion of the process. You'd think anyone that fit the psycho bill for the job would long ago screw up.

Free transportation, free rent in a big house, 24-hour services, meet lots of interesting people and have every American schoolchild from here to eternity memorizing your name.

The most qualified leaders this country has are smart enough to not run. Why would you put yourself and your family through that?

But but but.....he's a muslim who hates america and his pastor (which happens to not be muslim) hates america too.

or

He was busted for drunk driving 30 years ago

or

He lied about a battle he went through in Vietnam, and got a medal! How do I know? I accepted a medal for that and only now say that it didn't happen.

Its nonsense.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings to have a:

Top 10 state leaders and why!

Top 5 military leaders and why

Top 5 business leaders and why

Top. Congress members

Voted on by others in same field.

If they don't want to run fine but up the numbers

And make more choices by default!

If they don't want to r

Obama's got this in the bag, been saying that for the past two years and I voted Republican last election for the record

There is no direction or polarizing figure in that party now

People aren't interested in Bockman, can't stand Romney, or even know who the hell Perry is or care

Obama's going to win in a pretty close race but he's here for 4 more years

It's still very early in the game. Right now, no one on any side looks all that good.

As well-represented for partisan lunacy and general idiocy as the board is currently, I can name three consistently conservative posters (one being a cowboy fan God help us :D--but also a fellow mod which is a redeeming quality :pfft:), three consistently liberal posters, two consistently libertarian posters, and two consistently moderate posters, all of whom I would be more comfortable with running things (or at least cast as influential advisers) than any national figure on the stage. :)

When the company you keep includes a guy who cures gays or a pastor who refers to Nazis and Gods Hunters, you have to think either they've changed or we are really getting dumber.

I like Patreus. Gates has some unresolved question marks for me (Iran-Contra among them), but there are more than a few things I like about him. Thing is, I'm just going to consider who actually is out there, not who I wish was there or who would be good but isn't likely to be an option. :(.

My guess is he's waiting until '16.

I agree. I think a lot of the Washington insiders realized right before the last election that it didn't matter if the guy elected was Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Roosevelt combined....it wouldn't stop the economy from crashing and needing years to rebuild. 2012 isn't going to be the prettiest either.

HFF

I like Patreus. Gates has some unresolved question marks for me (Iran-Contra among them), but there are more than a few things I like about him. Thing is, I'm just going to consider who actually is out there, not who I wish was there or who would be good but isn't likely to be an option. :(.

That's smart. I wish I could get my wish list out of my head and start paying attention to the candidates we have but its like I get ADD every time I try. Everything else in the world is more interesting than obamaromney.

That's smart. I wish I could get my wish list out of my head and start paying attention to the candidates we have but its like I get ADD every time I try. Everything else in the world is more interesting than obamaromney.

I know what this lets me in for, or calls (legitimately) into question about my judgment in the matter of O, but I haven't given up totally on Obama and cut him a little more slack than most in here for the reality of what he has had to deal with upon arrival, especially given his newness (not an excuse for him or we who voted for him btw, just a reality). Don't mistake that comment however for anything remotely like satisfaction or approval for him at this point on an overall basis.

It's still very early in the game. Right now, no one on any side looks all that good.

As well-represented for partisan lunacy and general idiocy as the board is currently, I can name three consistently conservative posters (one being a cowboy fan God help us :D--but also a fellow mod which is a redeeming quality :pfft:), three consistently liberal posters, two consistently libertarian posters, and two consistently moderate posters, all of whom I would be more comfortable with running things (or at least cast as influential advisers) than any national figure on the stage. :)

Wait a minute, we a have Cowboy fan as a moderator? Or does this fan moderate the Boys board?

Wait a minute, we a have Cowboy fan as a moderator? Or does this fan moderate the Boys board?

I already probably said too much. :)

But you should be able to deduce he's not on ES staff (for which I'm sure he's appropriately grateful). :ols:

Archived