Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 HOF game nixed, your thoughts?

quettefan

Is Bringing in Pryor a Good Move for the Skins?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Is Bringing in Pryor a Good Move for the Skins?

• Yes
    • No
    • Dont care

The HOF game has little significance in the context of a truly *meaningful* game; but, it's a ceremonial event that honors the achievements of the players being honored.

This year, the players being inducted include: Chris Hanburger (Redskins) :), Richard Dent (Bears), Marshall Faulk (Rams), Les Richter (Rams), Deion Sanders (Atlanta), and Shannon Sharpe (Broncos).

Unfortunately, the HOF game that was to be played between Bears and the Rams, has now been cancelled.

Darrell Green and Art Monk were inducted into the HOF in 2008 and the Redskins played in that HOF game. How would you feel if that game had been cancelled? How many of you would have made the trek to Canton?

How many of you feel cheated, like I do, that a piece of history (that includes one our own in Hanburger) is being disrespected by the squabbling between owners and players?

having been at the 08 HOF game I can say it was ONLY fun because the Skins were in it. its not even the same because there were 19K of us and it only made sense to let us play. but the game itself was pretty lame and the starters rarely played. hell, if it wasnt for me hitting the colt upside his head with the silly string he shot at us I would have been completely bored due to lack of alcohol.

We weren't in this years game, ergo I had zero interest.

I honestly don't see how this effects 'The Hangman' going into the Hall. I'm sure he's way too excited about that to feel slighted there's no game on the Sunday between two teams that have nothing to do with him.

It is what it is, and it'll be back next year. No biggie.

Hail.

I've always felt that the HOF game should been done with by now. 2 teams get an extra chance of getting hurt? Not cool. I've always thought it was stupid as hell to have the HOF ceremony prior to the start of the pre-season. Because how does it makes sense to watch our all time greats get inducted and then watch a handful of players that we will never see again? I believe the pre-seaon games should start the week the HOF would. Then after 4 weeks, you give the players about 10 days of rest for the upcoming season. You have the HOF ceremony the Sunday afternoon prior to the Thursday night kick off. I just think it would be better to have the HOF ceremony just before you watch players who have a better chance to make the HOF.

I've always felt that the HOF game should been done with by now. 2 teams get an extra chance of getting hurt? Not cool. I've always thought it was stupid as hell to have the HOF ceremony prior to the start of the pre-season. Because how does it makes sense to watch our all time greats get inducted and then watch a handful of players that we will never see again? I believe the pre-seaon games should start the week the HOF would. Then after 4 weeks, you give the players about 10 days of rest for the upcoming season. You have the HOF ceremony the Sunday afternoon prior to the Thursday night kick off. I just think it would be better to have the HOF ceremony just before you watch players who have a better chance to make the HOF.

I've spotted the flaw in this post. Your confusing logic and football which is ruled by the all mighty dollar.

Excellent idea man that I'm sure most would embrace.

Hail.

What's the Hall of Fame Game?

Oh... the Colt Brennan bowl?

Yeah....don't care unless the Redskins are in it. It's better that the NFL doesn't put a poo poo product on the field.

Now, if I am not at FedEx Field on 12 August for the Redskins vs the Steelers....expect a different answer...

HAIL!

No real reason to it. If they wanted to do something more for the fans and recent inductees into the Hall, they can think of something. Plus, no sense to have a 5 game to risk potential injury. Maybe like watch a flag football scrimmage between past and current Hall inductees. That'd be much more interesting in all honesty. I think they do things like that for the Pro Bowl, why not for this thing instead.

If you want the Hall of Fame Game to include future hall of famers, then wouldn't it make sense to have the All-Star game in Canton and call it the Hall of Fame game?

Tell the players who make the Pro-Bowl, instead of Hawaii, or even Miami, how about you go to Canton in February to celebrate the Hall of Fame/All-Star game :ols:

This game means nothing to me. I was at the induction ceremony for Green and Monk, I flew back the following morning. I had little interest in the actual game. I only cared to see to Redskins' greats enter the Hall.

I never liked the game anyway. I thought it wasn't fair a few years ago when the Skins played in it. They had to play 5 preseason games that year. I think they should cancel the game as it stands altogether. If they wanted to do something for the fans that attend the HOF ceremonies, maybe they could bring out a few select players to do a skills competition of some sort. MLB and the NBA have proven that people will turn out and tune in to watch slam dunk contests and home run derbys. Maybe people would like to watch Mason Crosby kick a 70 yard FG, or Drew Brees throw a ball through a tire from 55 yards away. I know this might slight the defensive players a little bit but I never recall Dennis Rodman mentioning that their is no rebounding contest at the All Star Weekend. The game as it stands now only has starters playing for one series, so if they did a skills competition instead it would allow fans to see more of the players that they want to see.

I feel sorry for Chris Hanburger after being snubbed for so many years and there happens to be a work stoppage the year he finally gets in and it drags on so long that the game that brings a lot of people to the induction ceremony will now be canceled. That's it.

Not really that big of deal to me. The HOF game was only significant to me because it signaled the beginning of actual football being played on the field (albeit with players that most likely wouldnt make the team). As long as there is free agency coming soon, I am good.

Not disappointed but the HOF game is the only thing I watch surrounding the HOF unless a Redskin is being inducted. Only certain non-Redskin players do I tune in to watch their induction. The last one I remember was Dan Marino. Still love that he tossed one last pass to one of the Marks Brothers.

I wonder how this lockout will impact the induction ceremony. I'm thrill for Hanburger and the rest of his class but I wonder if the crowds will be smaller. I was supposed to go up with my friend for the weekend but the taste of the lockout is preventing me from having any fun with the NFL this year so I'm just staying home.

I really never watched it anyways, only time I payed attention was when we were in it. Just one preseason game missed, oh well. Now if we miss regular preseason games I'll be upset.

I always watched it because it was the first real football in months. But unless the Skins were in it my interest always lasted only about a half hour. So while I wish it was still being played in the big scheme of things I couldn't care less.

Archived