Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Owners agree to players new deal..players still need to vote.

dreamshatterer

Which QB will put up the best stats?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB will put up the best stats?

• Whomever Mike/Kyle put under center (Beck, Grossman, QB to be named later)
    • Andy Dalton
    • Blaine Gabbert
    • Jake Locker
    • Cam Newton
    • Christian Ponder
    • Another rooke (explain)
    • I love lamp, like really love it

When the owners put a time table on the NFLPA to re-certify they VIOLATED FEDERAL LAW. It is illegal for a business to demand employees form or join a union......the players want to make their own time table and not be bullied into re-certifying before they are ready.

There would not have been a strike the players where fine with the old CBA. The owners were making money hand over fist and wanted a larger portion of the revenue. The players would have kept the old CBA forever if the could have. By the way the owners opted out of the old CBA 2yrs early.

The players are not normal employees like us. When you graduate college a company cannot make you work for them and say that you have to take less than a guy who was picked before you.

I''m sorry... I dont want to be disrespectful, but the players are employees for gods sake. Since when do the employees get to dictate financial decisions of the company? If the players are not playing football, which every one of them would say has been a childhood dream, then what are they going to do? I simply cannot go to my boss and demand revenue sharing and the like. This, to me, is unbelievable. The players are well compensated for the risks they incur while playing this game. They do not make less if attendance falls, and the team sucks. The owners do. How could anybody possibly be on the players side?

Not to sound disrepectful, but don't compare your job to the job of a pro athlete. 80000+ don't pay top $ to see you do your job.

Less talented athletes. We pay to see the best. If we didn't the UFL would be successful.

You weren't around for the scab games uhhh.

No the NFL would survive and prosper. Might be a year or two of less talent, but the NFL wont fail with scabs.

Players: Owners tried to slip items into CBA

It appears players won’t be voting on ratifying a deal on Thursday night.

One major reason: Players feel that the owners are trying to add new elements to a deal.

“Here is what the ‘Real’ fans need to know: The owners tried to slip many things in to the CBA “they” voted on that were NEVER agreed to!#PRPlay,” Saints fullback Heath Evans said on Twitter.

Similar player source quotes were relayed to various reporters. Mike Silver of Yahoo! Sports talked to an NFLPA* source who had a telling quote, when he said the NFL “will never learn” about backing players into a corner.

The question is whether it will be difficult for the players and owners to get past any emotions from Thursday. It sounds like the players continue to have issues with the agreement presented by the owners.

As long as leadership steps up, the remaining issues shouldn’t be that hard to negotiate. It just may not happen as quickly as owners, players, and fans want.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/21/players-owners-tried-to-slip-items-into-cba

Make sure you look both ways before crossing that two-way street.

Common sense. Owners took a vote on a proposal the NFLPA had not signed off on. Very slimy move. Maybe a smart one. But still a slimy one.

And I called this months ago actually. Will have to look up my old posts. But I said the owners would make it look like a deal was close to put the pressure on the players. It's collective bargaining negotiating 101 and man, folks are falling for it hook, line, and sinker.

LL56 said it best -- PLAYERS HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW WHAT THEY'RE SIGNING.

You weren't around for the scab games uhhh.

No the NFL would survive and prosper. Might be a year or two of less talent, but the NFL wont fail with scabs.

This is a different world than it was in 1987. The NFL would suffer bigtime if scabs were used.

This is a different world than it was in 1987. The NFL would suffer bigtime if scabs were used.

No, not really. Whats different??? There are probably more talented athletes today than in 1987. So the product would be better.

The NFL is the product. The players are replaceable. If all teams started with scabs for the new season, there might be a hickup in interest, but by next season, it would be like nothing ever happened.

No, not really. Whats different??? There are probably more talented athletes today than in 1987. So the product would be better.

The NFL is the product. The players are replaceable. If all teams started with scabs for the new season, there might be a hickup in interest, but by next season, it would be like nothing ever happened.

Also, other billionaires would start their own league with ex-NFL players and that would be the real pro football league.

Common sense. Owners took a vote on a proposal the NFLPA had not signed off on. Very slimy move. Maybe a smart one. But still a slimy one.

And I called this months ago actually. Will have to look up my old posts. But I said the owners would make it look like a deal was close to put the pressure on the players. It's collective bargaining negotiating 101 and man, folks are falling for it hook, line, and sinker.

LL56 said it best -- PLAYERS HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW WHAT THEY'RE SIGNING.

They can follow the Nancy Pelosi plan- you have to pass it to know what's in it.

So basically, there was no deal agreed to but the owners voted on something for a PR move. Now, the whole thing threatens to derail. Frankly, I will side with the players in their anti-trust suit. It's time to destroy the NFL as we know it. **** the owners.

You're delusional. Manning, Brady, Lewis and company ARE NOT replaceable. Not in todays 24/7 news world. Just imaging how much money they'll lose on their Directv NFL Ticket package. How much money will ESPN, FOX, NBC and CBS want back? What about sponsers and jersey/mechandise sales?

All of that plays a factor if the NFL uses scabs.

Great...

AdamSchefter tweets : "Bills S George Wilson on ESPN: "This is nothing more than an attempt to get the fans to turn on the players." Doesn't expect a vote Friday."

If so, **** it. It's working. Get your heads out of your asses and vote already.

Also, other billionaires would start their own league with ex-NFL players and that would be the real pro football league.

By the time they could start a league, the current players would be retired :ols: You don't really believe that.

A Washington Federals UFL team or the Baltimore Stallions would generate some interest, but the NFL is king.

Your heart will always be with the Redskins, and other leagues would pale in comparison.

You're delusional. Manning, Brady, Lewis and company ARE NOT replaceable. Not in todays 24/7 news world. Just imaging how much money they'll lose on their Directv NFL Ticket package. How much money will ESPN, FOX, NBC and CBS want back? What about sponsers and jersey/mechandise sales?

All of that plays a factor if the NFL uses scabs.

Well time tells differently.

The CBA is 500 pages. I don't know about you guys but I'm not signing a 500 page agreement without reading it first.

Their own reps helped draft it, they should know what is in it. I get they should have some upper tier people reread it and double check, but it's not like all these guys have no clue what it is.

Oh well, I'll hold out hope they can get something done tomorrow.

Archived