Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Owners agree to players new deal..players still need to vote.

dreamshatterer

Which QB will put up the best stats?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB will put up the best stats?

• Whomever Mike/Kyle put under center (Beck, Grossman, QB to be named later)
    • Andy Dalton
    • Blaine Gabbert
    • Jake Locker
    • Cam Newton
    • Christian Ponder
    • Another rooke (explain)
    • I love lamp, like really love it

I find it hard to believe there is anything new in this agreement...more than likely, some of the hundreds of NFL players were not up to date on where negotiations stood. Obviously the player reps should take their time to read through it, but I don't think the owners would pull something like that.

I'd put money on the "changes" being so minor and insignificant that nothing actually changed.

Well, it's been almost two hours, conf. call still going on.

Josh Cribbs is saying free agency, trades, and training camps tentatively begin Wednesday.

Things looking up!

---------- Post added July-21st-2011 at 09:44 PM ----------

SportsCenter SportsCenter

Roger Goodell announced the #NFL owners voted to approve a proposed CBA. The question now: Will players do the same? es.pn/qp6LsH

ESPN on the ball, as always :rolleyes:

I think it would be fun to come up with our own scab team. I'll start- at qb, out of UNC and the CFL, Darien Durant

I'm in for special teams wedge buster (pre 2010 rules) although my 40+ year old legs may not keep up with my 20 year olds gumption

This has become a big joke, I don't understand why people in triple+ digits think this is unfair. The deal I saw seems to be damn good for both sides. God this stuff pisses me off, it's like the Subway commercials, bunch of idiots.

This has become a big joke, I don't understand why people in triple+ digits think this is unfair. The deal I saw seems to be damn good for both sides. God this stuff pisses me off, it's like the Subway commercials, bunch of idiots.

See Thats my problem...

I'm in for special teams wedge buster (pre 2010 rules) although my 40+ year old legs may not keep up with my 20 year olds gumption

Speaking of special teams- maybe we can get Kathy Ireland in necessary roughness to be our PK. can't be any worse than______(insert redskin kicker of past 10 years here)

Yep. Can't believe how many folks are just swallowing what the owners are telling them.

I''m sorry... I dont want to be disrespectful, but the players are employees for gods sake. Since when do the employees get to dictate financial decisions of the company? If the players are not playing football, which every one of them would say has been a childhood dream, then what are they going to do? I simply cannot go to my boss and demand revenue sharing and the like. This, to me, is unbelievable. The players are well compensated for the risks they incur while playing this game. They do not make less if attendance falls, and the team sucks. The owners do. How could anybody possibly be on the players side?

I have one question, was the lockout necessary for the NFL to continue to exist? If the answer is no, then where does the fault truly lie?

In addition, who signs legal paperwork without getting it explained to them in layman’s terms?

I have one question, was the lockout necessary for the NFL to continue to exist? If the answer is no, then where does the fault truly lie?

Oh boy.....if it wasnt a lockout it would have been a strike. How can you possible blame the NFL......I mean really. The players are employees. Employees. They dont get to make the rules. I will always be a Redskin fan. I am a fan of the players as long as it is logical to be so. But I will always be a fan of the Redskins. That in itself should explain something to you. The franchise has been around for decades. Players last 5-10 at most. Get real.

Archived