Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFLN: Chris Cooley Hoping the Player Vote is Delayed

dgr81

Why does it seem that some fans lately, in order to cope with boredom of the lockout, are looking for any little thing on any player just so they can complain about them? Cooley's sarcastic comment is taken seriously, Moss, who hasn't had a run-in with the law at least as a Redskin, is demonized like he's the next Pac-man for having his birthday party at a strip club, and because Trent Williams bought an ugly chain it now means he has no work ethic. It seems some of you all enjoy football not for the game, but for the chance to complain. IMO.
:applause:

Ah, I see what you're saying about Portis. Good point.

Here's the conundrum: If Cooley weren't worth a second, then we don't trade him. That, however, indicates that he's not that integral to a team's success, and that kind of furthers the point of trading him since his value is that low. I do think that he would get a second or a third and fifth.

But players can be worth more to their current team than they are to other teams. Like I said, not every team really utilizes a TE in their passing game. Some teams value pass catching TEs more than others.

This is so true Cooley to me has and always will be overrated by redskins fans. He never receives the criticism other players such as moss have for dropped balls and fumbles. I really hope Davis gets a chance to show what he has this year.

a statement like this just wreaks of ignorance to me. to say he doesnt get the same criticisms as moss? there might be a reason for that. CC has proven time and time and time again that he is MR. CLUTCH, where as Moss had one miracle game and has been hailed as one of the greatest redskins receivers ever by some.

Moss has certainly dissapointed me on many more occasions than has CC. How many games has CC ever pulled himself out of? none that i know of. moss however, pulls himself out of games where he could make a difference and his team mates need him and what did he do? he left his team mates high and dry. a winner doesnt do that! a MAN with any kind of HEART doesnt do that.

so.... i for one cant wait for some other team to sign moss so that his underperforming no hearted self can go let some other fanbase down regularly!!

Even if true, I'm sure most players wouldn't mind either. I was watching SC the other day, I can't remember who it was, but he said he expects to be fresher going into this season since he didn't have to go through all the offseason workouts.

Maybe. But I'm of the opinion there will be more injuries as a result of not having all the offseason workouts.

a statement like this just wreaks of ignorance to me. to say he doesnt get the same criticisms as moss? there might be a reason for that. CC has proven time and time and time again that he is MR. CLUTCH, where as Moss had one miracle game and has been hailed as one of the greatest redskins receivers ever by some.

Moss has certainly dissapointed me on many more occasions than has CC. How many games has CC ever pulled himself out of? none that i know of. moss however, pulls himself out of games where he could make a difference and his team mates need him and what did he do? he left his team mates high and dry. a winner doesnt do that! a MAN with any kind of HEART doesnt do that.

so.... i for one cant wait for some other team to sign moss so that his underperforming no hearted self can go let some other fanbase down regularly!!

Um, what? Did Moss piss in your cereal or something? The conversation isn't even about him. He was brought up as an example, not as a derailment.

If you have an argument, then present it. If you don't, then stop trying to **** all over our players. Believe it or not, it's possible to like one player without disliking another.

Not sure how this became a Moss vs Cooley thing but Moss is lightyears beyond Cooley in terms of production, clutch plays and placement in Redskin history. It's not close. Just because some actually think Cooley is funny (mystery to me) they should not confuse that with being more productive than Moss.

By every measurable Moss beats Cooley. Catches. Yards. Average. Clutch plays. Hell even in our limited postseason Moss beats him. Moss has a great ricochet TD catch in the 05 playoffs. Cooley? Oh yeah that drop inside the 5 kind of hurt in Seattle a few years ago.

As for Cooley's comment about camp. Don't care. Then again I don't hang on this guys every word like some apparently do.

Um, what? Did Moss piss in your cereal or something? The conversation isn't even about him. He was brought up as an example, not as a derailment.

If you have an argument, then present it. If you don't, then stop trying to **** all over our players. Believe it or not, it's possible to like one player without disliking another.

first off you can take that ****y tone and tune it down a few notches....k. i was responding to a statement that had actually been supported by quite a few others. as that was the first post addressing it, so i quoted it.

i had an opinion on the subject and i voiced it. YOU however showed displeasure in my post while neither adding anything to that subject matter nor the thread.

you of all people have no right to judge others for having an opinion differing from yours, because i have seen you take very unpopular stances as well.

but what happened here anyway? did you get bored with TROLLING and just decided start crap with me or what? i surely dont need your validation of my opinion on anything redskins or otherwise.

---------- Post added July-23rd-2011 at 05:23 AM ----------

Not sure how this became a Moss vs Cooley thing but Moss is lightyears beyond Cooley in terms of production, clutch plays and placement in Redskin history. It's not close. Just because some actually think Cooley is funny (mystery to me) they should not confuse that with being more productive than Moss.

By every measurable Moss beats Cooley. Catches. Yards. Average. Clutch plays. Hell even in our limited postseason Moss beats him. Moss has a great ricochet TD catch in the 05 playoffs. Cooley? Oh yeah that drop inside the 5 kind of hurt in Seattle a few years ago.

As for Cooley's comment about camp. Don't care. Then again I don't hang on this guys every word like some apparently do.

moss = campbells garbage time yards. meant nothing in most cases. usually acquired after we were beat and defenses slacked off. just the same as campbell got garbage yards throwing it to him after a game had already been decided.

most redskins fans love for moss stem from the monday night miracle. they forget the clutch drops and the bad attitude and bad sportsmanship he has displayed on the field several times.

a persons worth to a team isnt just measured in numbers but also in how and when those numbers were acquired.

first off you can take that ****y tone and tune it down a few notches....k. i was responding to a statement that had actually been supported by quite a few others. as that was the first post addressing it, so i quoted it.

i had an opinion on the subject and i voiced it. YOU however showed displeasure in my post while neither adding anything to that subject matter nor the thread.

you of all people have no right to judge others for having an opinion differing from yours, because i have seen you take very unpopular stances as well.

but what happened here anyway? did you get bored with TROLLING and just decided start crap with me or what? i surely dont need your validation of my opinion on anything redskins or otherwise.

Again: If you have an argument, then present it. If you don't, then stop trying to **** all over our players. I won't engage you in personal bickering, because this is a Redskins forum for Redskins fans to talk about the Redskins. Trying to defend a player by saying another player is worse is a very, very poor argument and adds nothing to the conversation other than to misdirect. I am aware that you don't need me to validate your view, and that's fine, but this isn't a politics forum, so let's leave the petty personal attacks out of it, shall we?

EDIT: Actually, after reading the Haynesworth thread, I think that my displeasure with your post comes from the target that you chose. Moss has been the best receiver that we've had in the past two decades. He has contributed heavily to what little success we've had, and one would be hard pressed to find a Redskins highlight reel without him. Disregarding his performance in Dallas is also similar to negating Riggins's performance in Super Bowl XVII because, after all, it was really just one play.

If you had chosen someone who hadn't contributed to our team, and it's not like I think that anyone who is disregarding Cooley's performance is exactly in tune with reality, then there wouldn't have been an issue.

If you had chosen someone who hadn't contributed to our team, and it's not like I think that anyone who is disregarding Cooley's performance is exactly in tune with reality, then there wouldn't have been an issue.

i didnt choose them you dunce. that was a comparison that was brought up by others as an example. i gave an opinion on why many support cooley unwavering while not doing the same for moss.

and to say the moss is the best on a team that has str8 sucked for 20 years is hilarious.

i didnt choose them you dunce. that was a comparison that was brought up by others as an example. i gave an opinion on why many support cooley unwavering while not doing the same for moss.

and to say the moss is the best on a team that has str8 sucked for 20 years is hilarious.

Again: Personal attacks don't add to your argument.

I am certain that deep down every player has a part of them that dreads training camp. It is grueling, exhausting and a struggle to get through for sure. So, are people disappointed that Cooley is speaking honestly? Does everyone really want the PC answer to every question they have? Let go of the sheep mentality...

How about we don't let go of the "do your effin' job" mentality"?

Archived