Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LATimes: America just keeps getting fatter

Hooper

http://www.latimes.com/health/la-he-obesity-report-20110708,0,3732059.story

This is nuts. Only one state has an obesity rate of under 20 percent.

Not that I'm surprised. I went to Sea World over the fourth and Shamu was probably the lightest thing there.

Does anyone know the chief manufacturer of those motorized scooters? Talk about a stock with major growth potential.

Seriously, I really worry about this stuff, especially the healthcare aspect.

Here's one doing her best to help out the cause...

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2011/07/07/700-pound-woman-makes-a-career-out-of-eating-a-lot/?ncid=webmail2

700-Pound Woman Makes a Career Out of Eating -- a Lot

By Lisa Johnson Mandell, Posted Jul 7th 2011 @ 6:21AM

Donna Simpson, a single mom in New Jersey, weighs 700 pounds and is trying to gain an additional 300 pounds so that she can claim and hold the Guinness World Records' title of World's Most Obese Woman. She says that she couldn't do it without the help of her 4-year-old daughter, who shops with her, helps her prepare food, and feeds her so that she can pile on additional pounds.

Philadelphia JobsHow does someone who relies on a 4-year-old and a reinforced scooter to get around make a living? Online, of course. Simpson pays for her $580-to-$750 per week eating habit plus other expenses by, basically, being overweight. She has a website, OfficialDonnaSimpson.com, geared toward "fat admirers," where people pay to see her eat and flaunt her flab.

She claims that she has 7,000 paying fans, and makes nearly $100,000 annually from the site, according to the Daily Mail. A three-day membership to her site goes for $7.95, and a one-month membership costs $19.95. For that you get to see videos like "Squashing," "Blue Dress" and "Eating a Pie" plus access to more than 270 photos. She believes the record she holds as Heaviest Woman to Give Birth sets her apart from other big women with similar sites.

Apparently, there are a lot of people out there who enjoy watching Simpson eat. She says that they even send her fattening food like protein shake powder to help her beef up quickly. "It makes people happy, and I'm not harming anyone," she says.

Except herself: She suffers from diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease, plus it's very difficult for her to go anywhere. And then there's the example she might be setting for her daughter, Jacqueline, who Simpson claims prefers healthy foods, like salad, and is active in sports.

Rest at link...

Good gosh. When you reach the point that your stomach develops butt cheeks you have to heed the message it's sending you. That picture is sad and pathetic beyond reason. She makes Albert Hayneworth look like Kierra Knightly.

Archived