Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tandler's RR - NFL labor agreement in two weeks?

SkinsNatsFan

I dont know why most of you care so much right now. We really haven't missed anything so far. Free agency can be done quickly and training camps haven't even been started

Except for all the OTA's and such. Not to mention the rookies will probably be set back by the lockout.

New article being floated around on twitter states that now the date is June 21. That is when the owners are meeting in Chicago and they want to vote on it then.

Sources are indicating that to the writers.

I honestly feel we will have the agreement no later than the end of next week. That will give the owners 3-4 days to evaluate it before the owners meeting.

If I weren't married right now, I would kiss you on the lips.

So much good news right now is making me giddy.

Considering we might have a whole new WR core and DL, having an agreement sooner than later will pay HUGE dividends.....so me likey.

Yep, not to mention the QB situation, the 12 drafted players, second year in a new offense and defense, possible additions to the offensive line, etc. The sooner the better.

you really think OTAs matter? lol.. its a glorified practice.

It's practice and of course it matters. They install all the offense and defense during OTAs which leaves Training Camp for refining and working on specific situations. It's also football conditioning - however much time you spend in the weight room or doing cardio training the only way to get really fit to play football is playing football.

Because what I want to see out of the Redskins in 2011 is different then what 90 percent of the fan base wants to see, I am hoping this ends up being a 9-10 game season at most.

A great chance to get a lot of the young guys playing time and go 1-9 in a short season and get a top flight QB at the top of the 2012 draft

you really think OTAs matter? lol.. its a glorified practice.

Have you been hanging out with the fat man?

Oh, before I go ..... :slap:. Just because. In fact, have another to make sure you don't make an ass of yourself on a public message board again ..... :slap:

Something about being cruel to be kind .....

Hail.

It's practice and of course it matters. They install all the offense and defense during OTAs which leaves Training Camp for refining and working on specific situations. It's also football conditioning - however much time you spend in the weight room or doing cardio training the only way to get really fit to play football is playing football.

practice-o.gif

I wonder who caved to the other side and on which topic

That's the real question. The items I've seen in this thread (not that they're high trust sources) suggest the owners are losing their will, which would be a good thing.

Per Mike Freeman CBS

One source with intimate knowledge of the discussions tells me negotiations are 80-85 percent complete. They've made such fast progress, I'm told, it's catching many of the principals by surprise. Some are now canceling vacations, believing an agreement will be reached within a matter of days.

Basically, it seems, we continue to move solidly into that threshold of a season will be played, not if one will be played. Again, barring the knucklehead factor.

"It's going to be very difficult for this to get screwed up," the source said.That doesn't mean the negotiations can't revert back to the primordial days of disgust and hatred, or that the talks can't implode. It does mean, however, that the discussions are in such a good place it would be difficult for even the most selfish, destructive personality to affect them.

No one will go into specifics about what concessions are being made. What is being said is that both owners and players are making major ones and that has greased the CBA skids.

"I think all the players want to do is get back on the field," Minnesota Vikings tight end Visanthe Shiancoe told me. "I think owners have a vested interest in getting this done as well."

Archived