Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Jilted ex-boyfriend puts up abortion billboard

LeesburgSkinFan

And we are now officially having an abortion debate.

Joy.

Because those are always fun.

You know what kills me the same people who want smaller government less government programs complain meals for kids also want no birth control, what do you think happens when you have masses of poor people.

The fetus is indeed a part of her body.

Actually, I was about to object to this statement as being ludicrously incorrect, but then I had a thought.

Are teeth part of my body? (I'm mostly thinking of "baby teeth".)

After all, they grew within me. And then, after being inside me for a while, my body ejected them.

So, are they part of my body?

----------

My own opinion is that no, the fetus is not a part of the mother's body. But it is dependent on her body. That the mother doesn't have the right to order the fetus killed. (Although I could see the argument that it is, in fact, a parasitic growth within her body.) But that she does have the authority to order it "disconnected from life support", since she owns the life support machine.

So no, I certainly don't think it's proper to refer to the fetus as a part of the mother. (I can see some ways that it could be compared to that. I just don't think it's the best way to view it.) I'm just raising the teeth analogy because I think it might be interesting.

---------- Post added June-9th-2011 at 09:59 AM ----------

And we are now officially having an abortion debate.

Obviously you skipped to the end of the thread. I think this has been an abortion debate since page 1 or so. :)

(You expected otherwise?)

Yes it is since I have friends miscarriage in the 4-7 month range

OF course the the dictators now want the pill banned and are getting laws passed in some states to do just that, stating a person is a person from the momement of conception

Yeah I guess if you want a kid you should date someone make sure you have similar goals get married and then start a familiy otherwise shut up

So live my way or stfu.

No it is not, it does no rely on him to survive the first few months

You know what kills me the same people who want smaller government less government programs complain meals for kids also want no birth control, what do you think happens when you have masses of poor people.

Odd .....the people insisting I am responsible for others in need endorsing killing the truly needy.

Is their being at my mercy justification for eliminating them?

Odd .....the people insisting I am responsible for others in need endorsing killing the truly needy.

Is their being at my mercy justification for eliminating them?

Who endorses killing the needy?

Are they a part of you body?

If Abortions are no different than getting your oil filter removed or tires rotated what did this guy do wrong.

Can he be sued for having an outline of his car saying this 56 Mustang would still be his if the mechanic caught it in time. And being a small town everyone knew who the mechanic was so he said slander?

How do you sue someone for revealing you did something perfectly acceptable?

Really take it out at a few weeks in and see if it survivies, the fact that her anti bodies do not attack it while growing shows the body recognizes it as part of her

Go to term and see if it survives without care. The fact that the fetus relies on the mothers body for survival does not mean it is a part of her body. Failed logic. Nor does the fact her antibodies don't attack it.

If Abortions are no different than getting your oil filter removed or tires rotated what did this guy do wrong.

Can he be sued for having an outline of his car saying this 56 Mustang would still be his if the mechanic caught it in time. And being a small town everyone knew who the mechanic was so he said slander?

How do you sue someone for revealing you did something perfectly acceptable?

Great so you have no problem with any meidcal procedure you had being advertised?

---------- Post added June-10th-2011 at 09:57 AM ----------

Go to term and see if it survives without care. The fact that the fetus relies on the mothers body for survival does not mean it is a part of her body. Failed logic. Nor does the fact her antibodies don't attack it.

Yes it is part of her body it breaths and eats because of her what she ingest and experiences it experiences

And the fact her anitbodies do not attack it means they do not see it as a foriegn body

I appreciate that you are consistent in your responses to these threads. And I am confident that 99% of men agree with you.

Eh, I get sick of watching people rehash the same sort of debates, over and over, and never making progress. Especially when it's the same 15-20 people each time. It's pretty much my attempt to get people to lighten up, and as you pointed out, I probably wrote one of the only things in the whole thread that everyone would agree with :ols: Even NavyDave.

Any hole will do in a pinch, we get that. You do know that some cultures practice anal sex as birth control, right? Same thing as a bj, right? No risk of pregnancy using those practices.

How about the male birth control pill that is being developed? How many men will take that? That sounds like a good thing.

Great so you have no problem with any meidcal procedure you had being advertised?

---------- Post added June-10th-2011 at 09:57 AM ----------

Yes it is part of her body it breaths and eats because of her what she ingest and experiences it experiences

And the fact her anitbodies do not attack it means they do not see it as a foriegn body

Not to the point i would sue because i had my third nipple removed (which is just as illegal).

A fetus is deliverable at 23weeks and thus a person at least by then. (I have an 8yr old daughter that wouldn't survive without me/mom) not to mention an 88yr old Grandmother.

I guess its all in the 'timing'. though to be consistent i'd prefer not to kill any of the 3.

How about the male birth control pill that is being developed? How many men will take that? That sounds like a good thing.

That sounds like a great thing, though I'm curious as to how it works. Shutting off production is acceptable, shutting down blood flow, not so acceptable, though if would work, in a sad way. I'd take these in a heartbeat.

Not to the point i would sue because i had my third nipple removed (which is just as illegal).

A fetus is deliverable at 23weeks and thus a person at least by then. (I have an 8yr old daughter that wouldn't survive without me/mom) not to mention an 88yr old Grandmother.

I guess its all in the 'timing'. though to be consistent i'd prefer not to kill any of the 3.

So just because you would not sue does not mean you would want it done much less by an ex

You could die and others could care for your daughter et al

What happens if the mother dies during pregnancy and the baby is not delivered?

---------- Post added June-10th-2011 at 10:36 AM ----------

What happens if this billboard is true and she had the abortion for medical reasons?

So just because you would not sue does not mean you would want it done much less by an ex

You could die and others could care for your daughter et al

What happens if the mother dies during pregnancy and the baby is not delivered?

What happens if an asteroid hits the car on the highway with only a 3 point safety seat?

could we focus a bit more on reality.

A perfectly legal operation does not = slander.

If i said she got a lump removed from her breast, is that slander? We have marathons to promote that.

Wait! Are those upset stating that Abortions are perceived as a 'bad' thing?

I look forward to seeing the responses from all the people who have said that abortions are no different from getting your oil filter removed.

What happens if an asteroid hits the car on the highway with only a 3 point safety seat?

could we focus a bit more on reality.

A perfectly legal operation does not = slander.

I see now deflect because you can not deal with logic

Do you know it is true to begin with?

Next you get in privacy issues when dealing with medical procedures of another.

And finally the relationship is over be a grown up and move on.

No comment necessary.

I need more comment: Both are legal and required to maintain the body of the (car/person).

(this is with the understanding a legal doctor has recommended the procedure).

(this is with the understanding a Jiffy lube representative has come into the waiting room with a mileage expectation clipboard).

Archived