Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Jilted ex-boyfriend puts up abortion billboard

LeesburgSkinFan

I'm just curious if it is the money or emotional investment or what that factors in your thinking.

If it is consensual sex between a husband and wife(which any normal person knows can result in pregnancy) why are males interests irrelevant?

I never said his interests are irrelevant. He should be able to voice his opinion.

They are not irrelevant. But, ultimately, they can't override the woman's right to control her own body. That is the most fundamental right any of us have.

A fetus is not her body,it is a individual from both of their bodies...one w/o the fundamental right to life the rest of us enjoy.

Control should be exercised before that being exists.

They are not irrelevant. But, ultimately, they can't override the woman's right to control her own body. That is the most fundamental right any of us have.

On top of the fact that abortions by married women make up only 17% of all abortions and I would think the husbands disagree a very small portion of the time (if someone disagrees, google those situations and post multiple stories, I have found almost nothing) we are talking about a small fraction of all abortions. Everyone can find a scenario in which a law screws over someone in a small percentage of cases, that is why the law is generally regarded as imperfect and has ways to be changed when more complete solutions arise. Of which I have seen none presented in 24 pages of this thread.

---------- Post added June-9th-2011 at 12:14 AM ----------

A fetus is not her body,it is a individual from both of their bodies...one w/o the fundamental right to life the rest of us enjoy.

But it is IN her body, therefore the control lies with her until birth since anything involving the fetus directly involves her personal health. Agreed on control being excercised prior to conception which should really be the main point.

I never said his interests are irrelevant. He should be able to voice his opinion.

If he can't force her to do exactly what he wants her to do with her own body and override her own wishes in the matter, then his interests are not being respected.

Meanwhile, if he CAN force her to do what he wants her to do with her own body and override her wishes, well, that doesn't infringe on her rights at all. After all, she didn't have to "spread her legs" in the first place, did she? She had a choice.

Makes sense to me. :silly:

---------- Post added June-8th-2011 at 05:16 PM ----------

I know you view it this way. Many of us don't. I myself feel the need to defer to the woman on this one, and abstain from voting.

I wholeheartedly agree. Sadly, that is sometimes not the case.

So his interests depend solely on his eloquence and ability to reason with her?......not picking on you,it just seems unjust

So his interests depend solely on his eloquence and ability to reason with her?......not picking on you,it just seems unjust

It's also unjust (or at a min not equal) for women to have to endure 9 months of physical changes, sickness and 2-20+ hours of intense pain + nursing etc. and men don't while still being an equal parent after birth. Some things aren't perfectly equal in life, no surprises there

I know you view it this way. Many of us don't. I myself feel the need to defer to the woman on this one, and abstain from voting.

Both I and science view it that way :)......I can respect deferring IF it was simply the man's interests at stake,but I believe more is.

---------- Post added June-8th-2011 at 07:31 PM ----------

Well I find it unjust that women are the only ones who can give birth, but what the **** and I going to do about that?

The best ya can ....again nothing personal.

I would prefer my son in law was carrying a child rather than my daughter...but :silly:

Both I and science view it that way :)......I can respect deferring IF it was simply the man's interests at stake,but I believe more is.

---------- Post added June-8th-2011 at 07:31 PM ----------

The best ya can ....again nothing personal.

I would prefer my son in law was carrying a child rather than my daughter...but :silly:

Well, there are surgeries. You can transfer the pregnancy and he can carry the child to term. I think you ought to suggest it to him and even volunteer to pay for the procedure.

The guy has admitted he doesn’t necessarily know she had an abortion at all, so, he could be sued for liable if the billboard is not true.

He'll probably be sued for discloseing someones private medical information without their consent anyway.

How many men practice birth control and control their own reproductive freedom and how many just leave it up to the woman to practice birth control?

Men who don't want to have kids.

Your logic is fantastic

Would ya'lls opinion changed if the husband paid for in-vitro with the wife's consent and then she aborted?

I would probably be looking at a 72 hour confinement at that point.

Was she forcibly impregnated against her will?

---------- Post added June-8th-2011 at 09:18 PM ----------

That's a separate debate.

Look, you want abortion outlawed period....so anything that stops an abortion is good.

I would probably be looking at a 72 hour confinement at that point.

Was she forcibly impregnated against her will?

---------- Post added June-8th-2011 at 09:18 PM ----------

That's a separate debate.

Look' date=' you want abortion outlawed period....so anything that stops an abortion is good.[/quote']

People do change their minds,and the hormones and other factors in pregnancy certainly don't help.

Actually I'm OK with a abortion option....I just think society should not be as accepting of it as we are.

I do want more recognition of what a abortion actually is....the arbitrary execution of a child

as a former fetus....

Serious question. Can dogs have abortions ?

yes

Just like humans there are chemical ones and surgical ones....not too uncommon with purebreeds that accidentally mate with mutts

?....Not really,certainly not after a few weeks

Yes it is since I have friends miscarriage in the 4-7 month range

OF course the the dictators now want the pill banned and are getting laws passed in some states to do just that, stating a person is a person from the momement of conception

---------- Post added June-9th-2011 at 08:17 AM ----------

OK ,I guess men are irrelevant in the equation then

Sperm donors that are on the hook for child support.....Kool

Yeah I guess if you want a kid you should date someone make sure you have similar goals get married and then start a familiy otherwise shut up

Miscarriages happen, abortions are induced /=

And what a mother decides to do with that which is really just a part of her body is her business, even if I do not agree with it, her body is not mine to decide what she should do with it.

If I want someone who shares my views on life and and child birth and rearing that is something I need to figure out while getting to know a person and not just telling someone because I had sex with them I now get to decide what the do with thei bodies

And what a mother decides to do with that which is really just a part of her body is her business, even if I do not agree with it, her body is not mine to decide what she should do with it.

If I want someone who shares my views on life and and child birth and rearing that is something I need to figure out while getting to know a person and not just telling someone because I had sex with them I now get to decide what the do with thei bodies

You can say it as often as you like, but the fetus is not a part of her body. It is a seperate living entity, for which you can be tried for murder if you harm the mother resulting in the loss of the child. If the law sees fit to protect the childs interest against murder, it shouldn't provide the mother legal means to do so.

You can say it as often as you like, but the fetus is not a part of her body. It is a seperate living entity, for which you can be tried for murder if you harm the mother resulting in the loss of the child. If the law sees fit to protect the childs interest against murder, it shouldn't provide the mother legal means to do so.

Really take it out at a few weeks in and see if it survivies, the fact that her anti bodies do not attack it while growing shows the body recognizes it as part of her

Archived