Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

JMac

Okay everyone, I need your help. I'm stationed in Guam and our internet sucks. I'm trying to figure out just what the problem is and what I can do to offset it as much as possible. Now while I'm not the best at FPS games, it has been really bad lately. My K?D ratio is around .10. Last night I was playing and a guy ran around the corner. On my screen, I knifed him and then he stepped back, shot and killed me. I threw my controller across the room. The kill cam showed me run around the corner, do nothing, and get shot. At the end of the games where it shows the little bars everyone else is usually is 4-5 green bars and I only ever have 1 red or 2 yellow. What exactly is this showing? I run on wireless now. Would plugging in an ethernet help? Do I just need faster internet? I have 5.0 now. Not sure exactly what that means. But to step up to anything faster is like another $60 to $80 a month. Someone told me there is a way to set it so online I only play people in my area. How do I do that and will that help? Thanks for your help.

EDIT: I'm on PS3 if that matters.

Your best bet would be to get an ethernet connection straight from modem....might help with your latency times....appart from that you might need to also step up your bandwith with as well, if the ISP down there offers a faster connection...if not , oh well, you might have to wait till you get stateside

Anyone else just get kicked in order for the game to be updated? I was rolling...27-4 and booted - son of a...

PP90 with two attachments. Rapid fire and silencer. SOH/Assassin/Stalker. Bouncing Bettys are ridiclous :ols: I've finally broken loose tonight. Nabbed two Reapers in one game; I like that killstreak WAY more than the Assault Drone and Overwatch.

No stopping power ;)

Yeah, tired of having ****ers run through bullets...total bs

---------- Post added November-11th-2011 at 11:26 PM ----------

I still think MW2 is better even with all its flaws and nootubers

---------- Post added November-11th-2011 at 11:27 PM ----------

my K : D is holding steady at 1.33 even at 1900 kils

killerbo99

---------- Post added November-11th-2011 at 11:37 PM ----------

killerbo99

Just went 23-10 in domination...fml

---------- Post added November-12th-2011 at 12:03 AM ----------

20-3 TDM ....way better

---------- Post added November-12th-2011 at 12:04 AM ----------

mEh, gonna start playing campaign now

stop complaining...... u mad bro?

Some of us expect more...This is a half-ass upgrade. Same game engine, same interface, a couple new game modes....IW set the bar high with COD4...yet to replicate though MW2 at least felt legitimately different from COD4.

That said, it's always been addicting in some way so it at least has that.

Its okay bro we got bf3.

haha right!

---------- Post added November-11th-2011 at 11:11 PM ----------

That's weird, because it's the exact same game as MW2.

yeah...that's what's throwing me off...i loved MW2. and this is basically MW2.5. BUt for some reason it isn't growing on me. at all...

Okay everyone, I need your help. I'm stationed in Guam and our internet sucks. I'm trying to figure out just what the problem is and what I can do to offset it as much as possible. Now while I'm not the best at FPS games, it has been really bad lately. My K?D ratio is around .10. Last night I was playing and a guy ran around the corner. On my screen, I knifed him and then he stepped back, shot and killed me. I threw my controller across the room. The kill cam showed me run around the corner, do nothing, and get shot. At the end of the games where it shows the little bars everyone else is usually is 4-5 green bars and I only ever have 1 red or 2 yellow. What exactly is this showing? I run on wireless now. Would plugging in an ethernet help? Do I just need faster internet? I have 5.0 now. Not sure exactly what that means. But to step up to anything faster is like another $60 to $80 a month. Someone told me there is a way to set it so online I only play people in my area. How do I do that and will that help? Thanks for your help.

EDIT: I'm on PS3 if that matters.

Update: I plugged in with an ethernet cord and that didn't help. Any other suggestions other than waiting until I move back stateside in 4 years? What does the bars mean to the right of my name at the end of the game? Is the internet speed?

Update: I plugged in with an ethernet cord and that didn't help. Any other suggestions other than waiting until I move back stateside in 4 years? What does the bars mean to the right of my name at the end of the game? Is the internet speed?

Yeah that's your internet speed. Also considering that this game doesn't have "dedicated" servers and picks a player in the lobby to host the game doesn't help either. I would suggest to try and run a hardline connection to your PS3 and not wireless. Otherwise, you might have to fork over some money to upgrade your speed.

Hardwire to your PS3 is by far the best thing you can do for online gaming.

Question about the maps...ARE THEY ALL FREAKING TINY? Maybe it's because i've been playing Battlefield 3 for the last 2 weeks, but it feels like i can get from one side of the map to the other in about 20 seconds. If you don't use a silencer, you get swarmed by bad guys within seconds.

I'm going to continue to play this game because all my friends are playing it, but gee whiz am I disappointed. And as I said earlier, i'm the ULTIMATE cod fanboy and i was in love with MW2, over 30 days played online. But for some reason MW3 sucks to me. it's absolutely awful. :(

There are a few small maps but most of them are mid sized. I haven't had any problems with being flanked. But that's probably because everyone I play with, ES guys or some of my other friends are great at communicating and games against us are never competitive anyways.

This game is definitely the best one since COD4. MW2 had better maps but the game play catered to a lot of cheap people.

Archived