Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Movie: Bridesmaids...

TMK9973

I'm going to LIVE this damn movie in two weeks during the Vegas Bridesmaid Bachelorette Bash I'm throwing one of my best girlfriends! Can you tell I'm stoked to go absolutely frickin crazy in Vegas?!?!

But for real, I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie...and I'm definitely dragging my husband along with me :D

Forget the naysayers. You'll love it.

I think he's looking for a reason to actually see it.

Well, that's pretty sexist. You're only going to see a movie with women in it if they're hot? How many of the male comedians out there making funny movies are attractive? And yet women find a way to go see those movies.

Also, you're the only person in this thread going out of his way to talk really badly about the movie....and you haven't even seen it :ols: Its like you have a vested interest in hating it...for no reason.

I'm going to go see it tommorow..(Yes..with a woman...geez...)

As for the poster that said "Who cares if its a chick flick as long as its good", well -thats my point. I dont think Chick flicks ARE good. I think they are ussally boring and not that funny.

Having said that - seems likes those that have seen it, like it. So I'm in...I'll report back Sat.

All I have to say is this: When the trailer for this came on before another rental my wife and I were watching, she got really excited and said "ew, it looks just like the Hangover, but for us," us being women, which caused me to think how much it will suck. I will not watch it.

Sounds like it probably sucks to be your wife.

This movie actually looks way funnier than Hangover from what I've seen.

Female version of the hangover, which wasn't that funny to begin with, that the media is raving about so everyone raves about it.

It looks mediocre.

It was nothing like the Hangover.

It's also not a chick-flick. It's a movie that happens to have a mostly female cast.

---------- Post added May-20th-2011 at 10:12 PM ----------

That's not entirely correct, but the qualifications for being a "critic" aren't too high. Pretty much anybody with a mediocre blog can become a critic. RottenTomatoes is probably the most reliable review site, but it still has flaws when it comes to childrens/family films and movies that receive tons of hype from the college-aged demographic. Most of the non-critic ratings are likely coming from the target audience (females). I'm sure the rating for Bridesmaids will go down quite a bit once it's released on DVD and is exposed to a wider audience (men).

That's why there is a "Cream of the crop" critics section.

The smart minority. ;)

Galifinakis' character was funny and Mike Tyson cracked me up, but overall it wasn't that great. I never said I didn't like it, it just was OK.

Well said. I found it to be forced and painfully cliche and predictable. The only part I found funny was Zach peeing in the bathroom and turning to see the tiger while continuing to pee.

I saw it last weekend.

I laughed out loud in 2 or 3 parts. The girl in front of me was laughing out loud at stuff that really wasn't that funny.

I don't really think women are that funny. The fat girl in it, Megan, was the best part of the entire movie. She was pretty hilarious.

Not "hysterical," like I've seen some facebook friends call it...but funny in parts. Airplane scene and "get cop's attention" scene were the funniest parts for me.

Metacritic.com >>>> rotten tomatoes

I really think the only reason rotten tomatoes is popular is because of the name. The site layout is horrendous, it's disorganized as hell and the rating system is stupid. Metacritic's layout is better and, most importantly, I much prefer their rating system. Instead of just telling me what percentage of reviewers didn't dislike the movie, they're giving me an actual score on the quality of the movie. Plus they do music and video games.

So for Bridesmaids, on rotten tomatoes it's getting a 90% and on metacritic it's getting a 75. I have a hunch the latter is the more accurate of the two. Is Bridesmaid really just 8% less than Godfather II? Or 4% less than Pulp Fiction? Come on.

Saw it. First half was funny as can be. I mean, laugh out loud funny......

But once the plane ride was over...it became a full blown boring chick flick. The laughs seemed to dry up, the story became focused on relationships, and I got board. I would recommend watching it on DVD for the 1st hour.......but that's it.

• 4 weeks later...

Very funny movie. I saw it over the weekend. Yeah I know I'm late. But it was worth the trip to the movie theater. There isn't too many movies that have me laughing hard out loud but this one did. I thought it was done well.

There's no attractive women in the movie except for Rose Byrne.

That's like saying that there are no rich people in the room except for Bill Gates.

---------- Post added June-13th-2011 at 10:04 AM ----------

It was a very funny movie. Well above average comedy with several laugh out loud moments.

Yeah this movie was pretty good. Kristin Wiig has some annoying characters on SNL, but she was pretty likeable in this movie IMO. It has its chick flick moments here and there, but overall I laughed way more than I expected.

• 2 weeks later...

'K, I finally got to see this after it opened here Wednesday.

Best flick of the summer thus far. Some real LOL moments, and a real cute film with it. The fat girl is hillarious. And I love the cop, Chris O'Dowd, from sit-coms here so that was a bonus.

After the major let down of the second Hangover, this is by far and away the comedy of the year thus far. Loved it.

Hail.

I haven't watched this yet, as the trailers didn't really show a lot of hope. Kristen Wiig is quite one-dimensional and so are the rest of the main cast.

With that said, I have no trouble believing this is the best comedy of the year thus far. I'll give it a watch when it comes out on DVD.

List of Live-Action Comedies released this year:

Arthur

Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son

Bridesmaids

Cedar Rapids

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules

Girl Walks Into a Bar

Hall Pass

Just Go with It

Midnight in Paris

No Strings Attached

Paul