Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Redskins front-runners for V. Young

warren

Vince young is a win/win for this team. My opinion is I'm 100% on board to give invincable a test drive.

Agreed. I just don't see the risk. And to pretend that our ****ty team is too good or too...anything...to add this type of low-risk/high-reward talent is crazy.

I mean even a good team will take a chance on a QB(see Philly) and look how it turned out for them

Very good point, dukes. And that move came with MUCH more public backlash than this one ever would. Never mind the fact that the Eagles, at the time, had their current franchise QB (McNabb) and future franchise QB (Kolb) already on the roster.

How things change...

Very good point, dukes. And that move came with MUCH more public backlash than this one ever would. Never mind the fact that the Eagles, at the time, had their current franchise QB (McNabb) and future franchise QB (Kolb) already on the roster.

How things change...

One QB who also had his fair share of issues in Atlanta with how he couldn't be the leader and would crumble under pressure, see him flipping off the home crowd. Now he's in Philly and you haven't heard a bad thing about him

One QB who also had his fair share of issues in Atlanta with how he couldn't be the leader and would crumble under pressure, see him flipping off the home crowd. Now he's in Philly and you haven't heard a bad thing about him

And his game has matured. No matter how I feel about Vick as a person, its obvious that Reid's gamble paid off.

Not saying its definite that this could happen with Young. But our team isn't in a position to look down our noses at an opportunity to find out.

And his game has matured. No matter how I feel about Vick as a person, its obvious that Reid's gamble paid off.

Not saying its definite that this could happen with Young. But our team isn't in a position to look down our noses at an opportunity to find out.

How I feel as well its a low risk high reward pickup and if it pays off you very well might have a guy to build around as he's only 27 years old

Let's not jump the gun. The dude is under a microscope like no other professional athlete since I've been alive. He has done all of the right things so far, but he is also working himself back from the ground up. Let's see how things play out when money starts rolling back in and he is expected to win SB's as one of the elite QBs in the NFL.

hmmm

The pretty Boy red neck Rex Grossman-- turnover prone

The Underwhelming Mormon John beck- cannot beat cleo lemon or josh mcown..lol

A head case but yet taleneted Vince "Maniac", Young

everyone of the qb is flawed . I see why not

why the hell not Vy has no gurantee to start might as well

Let's not jump the gun. The dude is under a microscope like no other professional athlete since I've been alive. He has done all of the right things so far, but he is also working himself back from the ground up. Let's see how things play out when money starts rolling back in and he is expected to win SB's as one of the elite QBs in the NFL.

I dont think i'm jumping the gun i'm just saying that he's not caused a single problem since he's gotten to PHI and has gone from the #3 QB to the starter and now franchise QB for them. Like you said though we'll see what happens once the money comes back in, but he's also changed his attitude a lot since he got to Philly

Lol at anyone even giving this one second of serious thought. You think we'd go from McNabb to Young? LOLZ. Joke of the year.

Quality post, there. Its been reported for awhile that we'd be interested if he was released. This shouldn't be a surprise.

I hope to you know what the Skins don't pick him up.

Lets look at it this way.... "if" VY was any good then why wouldn't the Vikings be interested in him? He's younger then McNabb, and can actually run to avoid pressure better then McNabb. I get the feeling it's more the media is trying to stick VY with some team and maybe if they say it enough the fans will buy into it and the coaching staff will be brain washed into believing VY is actually the answer. VY is no longer a Rookie so let the Vikes hire him so they can have their "Vet" who's sooo awsome start until their Rookie is ready to play.

or let Miami pick him up. Since VY is so awsome he should be better then Pennington. Heck the Cards, and I'm sure the Raiders could use his service.

I'd rather go into the season with Beck and Grossman. Bring in Alex Smith or Mark Bulger.

I don't know about low risk/high reward with VY. He could be just as much a coach killer and Campbell. He already got one of the supposedly best in the league fired.

Let's be honest, though. Look at Fisher's record the past few years when he starts VY, and look at his record when he refuses to, and goes with Collins instead.

As long as its an open competition for the starting QB job, its fine with me. If Young/Bulger/Hassleback/whoever that doesn't cost draft picks can beat out Beck/Grossman for the starting job in this offense, more power to them.

I don't think any of them could, considering McNabb had such trouble picking it up, but I'm fine with being proven wrong on this. Competition is always good.

I agree.

He deserves a second chance.

For those of you that say you'll turn in your fan card: SEE YA.

They were probably the same fans who filled the "Redskins interested in Mike Vick" thread with the same threat.

---------- Post added May-7th-2011 at 04:01 AM ----------

I don't know about low risk/high reward with VY. He could be just as much a coach killer and Campbell. He already got one of the supposedly best in the league fired.

Supposedly is the right word....Fisher is one of the most overrated coaches in the league.

---------- Post added May-7th-2011 at 04:01 AM ----------

Supposedly is the right word....Fisher is one of the most overrated coaches in the league.

I just love how a lot of fans on here act like we have been good over the years. No we have sucked balls, stop acting like this is something that would set us back. Set us back where? missing the playoffs again? For like the 14 of the last 17 years?

Seriously it is such a pet peeve of mine, the sooner fans realize we have a **** team, that is improving the better. There is no quick fix, if the org learned that after like the 5th time they tried that we would have been good by now, but it took about 15 times for them to learn. And were are left with a **** team, with Haynesworth on it, that will take a shot on VY

Were rebuilding, so look at for what it actually is. Signing Vince Young gives us NO risks, but Possible Rewards. If you do not like that, then you are not a logical thinker, and you should probably stay away from the stock market.

Archived