Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Redskins front-runners for V. Young

warren

Hey, I'm no fan of McNabb - I was just using a very similar situation (and one in which McNabb was actually preforming relatively better than Young was able to) to compare the reactions of a mature QB to an immature QB.

Hey, I'm no fan of McNabb - I was just using a very similar situation (and one in which McNabb was actually preforming relatively better than Young was able to) to compare the reactions of a mature QB to an immature QB.

Yeah, I didn't take it as you were. McNabb actually looked good early in the year, but as the hits piled up....His mobility and mechanics suffered. It happened in Philly to a lesser extent, and it only got worse with age. I suspect this is why Reid traded him in division. With our Oline, he knew McNabb wouldn't be a threat for long.

I agree McNabb's reaction to the benching was much more mature.

I just find it hard to believe he, or his people, had nothing to do with all the coverage that week.

Maybe the media just loves him. It was the same when Reid benched him in Philly.

One thing I wanted to comment on, was the whole blow up on Jeff Fischer last year. As a fan, I can see how that looks bad. But as a player, I can understand Young's reaction. If you're a player, you know you can help your team win, and a guy like Rusty Smith(or whatever his name was) is out there, you're going to want to get in and help your team. That's like the worst thing as a player, when you know you're better than the guy that's out there, and the coach won't put you in to help your team. It sucks. And to have your head coach hold you out like that, and the team eventually lose, and that's ON TOP of Fischer/Young's history, it makes sense that he blew up. At least from my perspective it does. And as his teammate, I would have understood. I'd respect that more than if he had just got comfy on the sideline and not try to come back in. That's not a head case situation, that's a competitor. Think if they had tried to hold Jordan out of a game. He would have snapped on the bench too. Unless you have that super competitive nature in you, you probably won't understand, and it'll look crazy to you.

well the problem with your analogy is that Jordan is like a Peyton Manning. Manning is the man, if he threw his shoulder pads into the stands, you damn well know that someone is damaging his calm severely, and he is trusted and he is great.

Vince Young though a talented man, is none of those.

If you're McNabb, you know you can help your team win, and a guy like Rex Grossman is out there, you're going to want to get in and help your team. That's like the worst thing as a player, when you know you're better than the guy that's out there, and Shanahan won't put you in to help your team.

Say what you want about McNabb, but at least he has the maturity and the minimal leadership to not have a total melt down when he is benched for a (perceived) inferrior player.

Every player isn't going to react the same, and everyone situation isn't the same. I just wouldn't be so fast to condemn Young's reaction. That's just my perspective on the situation though.

---------- Post added May-17th-2011 at 03:18 PM ----------

I think everyone understands how that feels. Most people will man up,take it in stride, and work on improving, not throw a hissy fit like a grade schooler at the Y.

Vince Young also played awful that game, and has no one to blame for the benching but himself.

Micheal Jordan? Not even going to touch that. He's more on the level of Isiah (JR) Rider. Talented, but lacking the dedication to be great.

To be sure, JR was competitive. Most athletes that lose it and flip out are.

You can't "man up, take it in stride, and work on improving" from the sidelines while your team is losing. I also think he came out due to injury, not play, but either way I understand the reaction. I also don't think he was "awful" but that opens up even more subjective opinion, and I'd rather not go down that road. My point is that you all are confusing "craziness" with "competitiveness" in that specific situation. That was a player who wanted to help his team win, and was frustrated that he was not given the chance.

---------- Post added May-17th-2011 at 03:25 PM ----------

The situations were only similar in the sense of a QB not being allowed back in the game. Young supposedly came out due to injury though, not the case with McNabb. Young also had a long history with his coach and playing time so there was much more build up to that incident. Even if the situations had been the same though, people react differently. Just because you would prefer one reaction doesn't make the other reaction right or wrong. You just have to see things from a different perspective at times.

Anyways, I'm going to go back to *reading* this thread, because I know you all will debate me till the end about my opinion haha and I respect that. I just wanted to give my two cents as a fellow athlete. That is all.

I'm forced to assume that people don't REALLY remember the COC, if you think this is worse.

With your post I'm forced to think that you actually think I care about forum popularity or its history. Sorry to disappoint ya fella but I don't care about stupid crap like that. The CoC was around and unfortuantly I posted in that mess a few times, very few times. I have better things to do then to be wishful that some scrub was ever going to amount to anything. And if you know me you'd know the dumbest thing I recall Zorn ever doing was keeping that guy here and letting the much more talented QB go.

But that's another topic for another thread. Oh wait, maybe it's still current....let McNabb and Grossman go to bring in Vince Young....history's repeating itself!! Just kidding or am I?

Only reason I check this stupid thread is to see what our peeps are reporting here. I said yesterday the best news of the day was that Young wasn't going to disgrace our team which in part was said because I'm tried of checking this thread.

And before you say it, it's nothing personal between us but you don't know me and telling me not to check the tread will fall on deaf ears. I'll read what I like. And when LL and some others are posting here it's must reading. This unfortuantly is must reading. Good day pal

With your post I'm forced to think that you actually think I care about forum popularity or its history. Sorry to disappoint ya fella but I don't care about stupid crap like that. The CoC was around and unfortuantly I posted in that mess a few times, very few times. I have better things to do then to be wishful that some scrub was ever going to amount to anything. And if you know me you'd know the dumbest thing I recall Zorn ever doing was keeping that guy here and letting the much more talented QB go.

But that's another topic for another thread. Oh wait, maybe it's still current....let McNabb and Grossman go to bring in Vince Young....history's repeating itself!! Just kidding or am I?

Only reason I check this stupid thread is to see what our peeps are reporting here. I said yesterday the best news of the day was that Young wasn't going to disgrace our team which in part was said because I'm tried of checking this thread.

And before you say it, it's nothing personal between us but you don't know me and telling me not to check the tread will fall on deaf ears. I'll read what I like. And when LL and some others are posting here it's must reading. This unfortuantly is must reading. Good day pal

I have no idea what this whole post was about, or what the attitude's for, but I'm going to ask that you kindly take the stick out of your ass, and re-read what I said. Because it wasn't meant to be offensive, and shouldn't have drawn forth whatever this ^^ post is about. You seem to be pissed about something that I never said. Calm down, it was just a funny observation. No need to go crazy, just because you don't like the thread.

You're reading entirely what you want to read. He has talent. He has potential. Thing with potential is, it's often a term used for people who don't succeed. LaVar Arrington had potential. He had flashes. In the end, he wasn't all he was supposed to be.

Potential is just another way of saying disappointment, especially when it comes to guys who aren't rookies, who started almost 50 games, who were picked 3rd overall in the draft. If Young had "potential" he would have done more in the time he's been playing. He's actually worse in almost every area of QB'ing then Jason Cambell except for the notable exceptions like passer rating (look at that rating Brunell had when he completed 25 dump offs in a row) and wins (like he ever did much to earn those?). He's behind Jason Campbell in lots of areas like passing yards, passing TD's, he has more fumbles, less rushing yards, has less 3 passing TD games, has less 300 yard passing games...and no one was on Campbell's junk like they are Youngs. Worst of all most of the cheerleaders know for a fact that Mike doesn't call the same offense Kyle does and knows that if Mike were calling the offense this move would look less stupid and these same people know our coaches suck at tailoring a game to fit a player YET they still want Young. Halarious and very sad imo

---------- Post added May-17th-2011 at 05:38 PM ----------

I have no idea what this whole post was about, or what the attitude's for, but I'm going to ask that you kindly take the stick out of your ass, and re-read what I said. Because it wasn't meant to be offensive, and shouldn't have drawn forth whatever this ^^ post is about. You seem to be pissed about something that I never said. Calm down, it was just a funny observation. No need to go crazy, just because you don't like the thread.

The response was because the CoC was brought up by a lot of people in this thread not going by the name "addicted" and yet you decided to speak to me about this. I'd rather you not have done that but that's all I'm going to say to you about this in public. If you want lets take it to PM's otherwise just ignore me in the future. Thanks

The response was because the CoC was brought up by a lot of people in this thread not going by the name "addicted" and yet you decided to speak to me about this. I'd rather you not have done that but that's all I'm going to say to you about this in public. If you want lets take it to PM's otherwise just ignore me in the future. Thanks

I decided to "speak to you" about it because I happened to see you making the comparison. That's how a message board works. No matter what you'd like to think, I'm under no obligation to carefully decide whether I'm going to respond to a post of yours or not, for fear of you throwing a hissy-fit about it. Don't say something on a board of >70,000 members, if you don't want someone to comment on it.

I'm very lost here, in regards to your aggressive attitude. Do we have some history that I'm not aware of? You're being a huge dick for no reason, and I see no need to continue that trend in PM form, thanks. Here is just fine.

I decided to "speak to you" about it because I happened to see you making the comparison. That's how a message board works. No matter what you'd like to think, I'm under no obligation to carefully decide whether I'm going to respond to a post of yours or not, for fear of you throwing a hissy-fit about it. Don't say something on a board of >70,000 members, if you don't want someone to comment on it.

I'm very lost here, in regards to your aggressive attitude. Do we have some history that I'm not aware of? You're being a huge dick for no reason, and I see no need to continue that trend in PM form, thanks. Here is just fine.

Hmmm lets see history ummm

You told me to take the stick out of my ass

You've called me a dick

And I've called you fella, pal, and said it's nothing personal.

Oh and the reason I suggested we take it to PM is the rules on the forum. I've argued with people in public and gotten banned before so I didn't want to overstep again and get banned for arguing with you here. Hope you understand.

Any more questions on why you think I don't like you?

You've called me a dick

Oh and the reason I suggested we take it to PM is the rules on the forum. I've argued with people in public and gotten banned before so I didn't want to overstep again and get banned for arguing with you here. Hope you understand.

I'm just going to leave this alone, since you seem to have forgotten that you were the one to react badly to a single-sentence post of mine, for no apparent reason.

There's some serious mis-communication going on here, I hope.

Edit: McD5, I see you down there. Where the hell have you been??

You've called me a dick

implied-facepalm.jpg

Don't make me turn this thread around!

I came into this thread in favor of bringing young in but after reading some of the post, I've pretty much changed my mind. You guys have made some great points and negated a lot of the positives I see in young. I wouldn't be pissed if we brought him in bc we really aren't risking anything and I assume it would be a competition and we don't have much else, but he really isn't a great fit for Kyles offense. Can't imagine vy doing well throwing the ball 35-40 times a game.

Like I said you guys have made some great points.

what the hell is going on here? jeezez addicted. you having a bad day? cant be worse than mine. i got chewed out (undeservedly, i might add), lost my wallet, (happened to have a $100 bill in it- let me tell you, thats rare for me) and had my softball game cancelled.

it'll get better. :D

Archived