Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Redskins front-runners for V. Young

warren

Honestly, what would we have to lose if we signed Vince Young as a FA?

This isn't fantasy football. If you want to build a winning team, you need to build a winning culture. You want smart, hard working players without mental issues. And you DAMN sure don't bring in a dim witted, head case to lead them. VY as the redskins QB is the dumbest idea ever.

No problem bringing in Young. With the new FO I see a team friendly contract and Young will still have to prove he should see the field.

I am sure the contract will allow for a future cut situation to protect the team. And, he can play until the skins find a QB in the draft.

No problem bringing in Young. With the new FO I see a team friendly contract and Young will still have to prove he should see the field.

I am sure the contract will allow for a future cut situation to protect the team. And, he can play until the skins find a QB in the draft.

yeah im sure vince is just on everyones wish list. a guy that couldnt get along with the longest tenured coach in the current NFL, and a guy that couldnt mentally hack the NFL dealing with depression and sideline tantrums, and WHO SUCKS TO BOOT.

this is disgusting.

beyond comical some of you want young here. we have this awesome draft with lots of hope and promise, were changing our culture and nixing all of the dead weight idiots who would rather flaunt their money than play football, and somehow we want to add vince young, diva QB with that ***** throwing motion who got run out of tennessee for being an ass?

i dont care what any insiders say or what i read, i seriously cannot fathom bruce and mike wanting that loser here. insanity to the max.

Run out of Tennessee for being an ass? Chris Johnson before the draft was hoping he'd be back. VY lead the Titans to an 8-2 record to close the '09 season after Collins started off 0-6. They won the opener in '10 but somehow he got benched at halftime versus Pitt in Wk 2 for Collins. There's no justification for Fisher's insistence to play Collins and in that circumstance, can you blame VY for not thinking his coach has his back? I don't hold VY blameless but I think Fisher got away with some assenine decisions because he was a media darling. He didn't want to go back to VY in '09 even after Collins' 0-6 start??? There's no justification for Fisher's insistence to play Collins and in that circumstance, can you blame VY for not thinking his coach has his back?

Kyle must know Vince and those around Vince. Kyle knows what he went through w/ McNabb better than anyone and if he thinks this is worth a shot, then why not??!!! Beck can still compete for the job and all we're doing is removing Rex from the equation. The same Rex who did show ability but is incapable of protecting the ball because of his lack of mobility and looks like he has 30 or so pounds to lose.

beyond comical some of you want young here. we have this awesome draft with lots of hope and promise, were changing our culture and nixing all of the dead weight idiots who would rather flaunt their money than play football, and somehow we want to add vince young, diva QB with that ***** throwing motion who got run out of tennessee for being an ass?

i dont care what any insiders say or what i read, i seriously cannot fathom bruce and mike wanting that loser here. insanity to the max.

Just like you wanting Todd Collins to be the starter was comical. How did he do in Chicago last year? lmao

So an insider who has gotten things right before and says we will target Young, then a reporter says that thats the rumor around the league a couple of days later after TK said it. And you still dont believe it just because you dont want to? Yea that sounds reasonable.

This is Shanny we're talking about...not much he does makes sense. He traded 2 picks for McNabb, signed him to an extension, and then benches him 13 games into the season. Do you really think anything is out of the realm of possibility when it comes to this FO?

This isn't fantasy football. If you want to build a winning team, you need to build a winning culture. You want smart, hard working players without mental issues. And you DAMN sure don't bring in a dim witted, head case to lead them. VY as the redskins QB is the dumbest idea ever.

Rex is part of a winning culture?

Run out of Tennessee for being an ass? Chris Johnson before the draft was hoping he'd be back. VY lead the Titans to an 8-2 record to close the '09 season after Collins started off 0-6. They won the opener in '10 but somehow he got benched at halftime versus Pitt in Wk 2 for Collins. There's no justification for Fisher's insistence to play Collins and in that circumstance, can you blame VY for not thinking his coach has his back? I don't hold VY blameless but I think Fisher got away with some assenine decisions because he was a media darling. He didn't want to go back to VY in '09 even after Collins' 0-6 start??? There's no justification for Fisher's insistence to play Collins and in that circumstance, can you blame VY for not thinking his coach has his back?

Kyle must know Vince and those around Vince. Kyle knows what he went through w/ McNabb better than anyone and if he thinks this is worth a shot, then why not??!!! Beck can still compete for the job and all we're doing is removing Rex from the equation. The same Rex who did show ability but is incapable of protecting the ball because of his lack of mobility and looks like he has 30 or so pounds to lose.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that Rex looked a lil chubby in the players only practice lol

Not to dismiss Rex or take shots at him, but what is there to lose. You bring in some competition and have Beck & Young fight it out....Young will cost you nothing in terms of picks & minimal dollars so if he acts up you cut him....We have a support system however that he may thrive in w/ Kyle and Mike's confidants vouching for him...Ideally Beck proves he can play & be a long-term solution but that's a longshot at this point and we bring in someone who has won at this level.

If not VY, then who...Rex?...I just want to know what the other ideas floating out there are...

I thought I was the only one who noticed that Rex looked a lil chubby in the players only practice lol

Haha....I first noticed when Mark Sanchez made fun of Rex on Hard Knocks. He looked like he ballooned up some more since the season ended. I guess that brings up a legit question though...Rex should be viewing this as his last big chance and is obviously not taking offseason conditioning too seriously. This is who you want at qb while we try to bring a winning culture?

Dhall worked didn't it?

Haha....I first noticed when Mark Sanchez made fun of Rex on Hard Knocks. He looked like he ballooned up some more since the season ended. I guess that brings up a legit question though...Rex should be viewing this as his last big chance and is obviously not taking offseason conditioning too seriously. This is who you want at qb while we try to bring a winning culture?

I completely agree. Good observation. I also wonder why we didnt resign him after the season before the lockout. If they really wanted him to be the QB wouldnt of they resigned him asap?

A guy with 42 passing touchdowns in 54 games will be a perfect Redskins QB. He'll fit right in.

see Johnson, Chris.

If VY continues to be a distraction, this would be a complete disaster. However in terms of on the field, he could be pretty good

Amen! I agree !00% We don't need that headcase on this team!

dude he had tantrums on the sidelines, went into a depression, and was a major diva/distraction. you can split hairs all you want with the logistics of it, but the guy was a clown and still is.

and most of the games he "won" were due in part to a great defense one year and chris johnson. he had a few nice comebacks, but vince young is crap. were gonna lose this season anyways, so trying to win more games by signing a dolt like young is just an awful idea.

i just really hope this is all being blown out of proportion and he doesnt come anywhere near this team.

its insane man. if he ends up here not only will we be the endless butt of jokes (even more so than already) we'll be headed to 6-10. rex can get us there too with a lot less headaches.

its insane man. if he ends up here not only will we be the endless butt of jokes (even more so than already) we'll be headed to 6-10. rex can get us there too with a lot less headaches.

i tend to agree with you.

i will say that, as much as i respect football outsiders, this info intrigued me (hadnt seen it posted yet)

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

VY 5th in value per play (one spot behind aaron rodgers and one ahead of peyton manning)

hmmmm.

You know what amuses me? The fact that you can't stop staring at my ass and those said bunched up panties.

It's only because you are wearing a thong. You are way to big to wear a thong. It's like a fat chick in spandex. It's horrific, you just can't look away though.

Archived