Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Redskins front-runners for V. Young

warren

As long as he puts some effort into earning the job so be it. It can't be any worse than the AH/DM debacles.

One thing to consider is his ability to make plays with his legs. That, coupled with what looks to be a very good ground game, and play action threats with our rookies, should keep defenses on their toes. It could be exciting and our offense damn good.

I'll take Grossman or Beck over VY any day of the week.

Seriously. I'd prefer 4-12 with Grossman/Beck over 6-10 with VY.

The psychological damage VY could cause this fragile team isn't worth it after the McNabb and Haynesworth situations of the past year.

ive been saying this for months... Vince Young will be our starting QB in 2011, hate it or love it. Me personally, I loved him at UT, he was a beast, I wish his character issues weren't so in depth... cus when he wants* to play, he is a proven winner in the NFL (Still have him on the cover of Madden '08) Come to think of it, we have had almost everyone on the madden cover... McNabb in 2006 and Shaun Alexander in 2007 Maddens cover

Titans had a good winning % with him as their QB but it never felt like they were content with him being their franchise QB. I am fine with bringing him in if he knows that he has to beat out the other QBs in order to get the spot. Also, he needs to leave his off the field issue in Tennessee.

One thing to consider is his ability to make plays with his legs. That, coupled with what looks to be a very good ground game, and play action threats with our rookies, should keep defenses on their toes. It could be exciting and our offense damn good.

What happens when he gets benched during a blowout and then disappears for three days in mid season? He's already done that once.

VY is a crap ton better than Mcnugget, imo. Dude had a 90+ rating overall last season. Nabby cat was what, under 80? I'll take upside with talent and perceived mental instability over downside with fading talent and apathy.

Young only attempted 156 passes last season.

The South Florida South-Sentinel "hears" that the Redskins are the front-runners for Vince Young's services this offseason.

Redskins beat writer Rich Tandler has also heard talk of Vince Young in the nation's capital, so the smoke is building here. Due a $4.25 million bonus in addition to his $8.5 million salary, Young is likely to be released rather than traded. The Redskins are one of just two teams with no semblance of a viable starting QB. It's easy to see why V.Y. would be interested in signing on, as it's his quickest path to playing time.

http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/204200/report-redskins-front-runners-for-v-young

Now what sense would that make? He doesn't fit in the scheming. Why do you people swallow this ---- hook, line and sinker?

What happens when he gets benched during a blowout and then disappears for three days in mid season? He's already done that once.

Vet him as much as possible, but it won't be risk free. It's cliche, but in this case, a change in scenary just might be the medicine VY needs.

All I know is that there sure seems to be a whole lot of rumors about free agency....but damn I swear there is no football right now. I thought teams were not allowed to pursue free agents?

First thing first FO and ownership, how about getting us a freaking football season first.

He won a lot for the Titans and they were on the upswing with him for a couple years. He's still young, so I don't see how this would be a horrible mistake. It ultimately might not work out, but he's a very, very talented player. If the alternatives are Grossman and Beck, why not open up the competition and let the cream rise to the top?

He won a lot for the Titans and they were on the upswing with him for a couple years.

I'd attribute the bulk of those wins the past three years to some dude called Johnson tearing it up and a hard nosed D rather than QB play from either Young or Collins come to that TD man.

Hail.

How much different a story is the team that signs him going to have than the Eagles had when they signed Vick?

Both are previous probowl QBs, VY with the Titans and Vick with the Falcons. Both were considered inaccurate QBs who have stollen games with their feet. Both have good winning percentages. Both were considered somewhat of a headcase.

I can see a team looking at VY and deciding to follow the Eagle route of taking a chance on him to see if he can be molded to their system. The potential upside makes it worth a little risk if one can surround him with character to keep him out of trouble situations. If you think he will be a team cancer for you, then he's rotten for your team. If you think he can be mentored or is no longer in need (some poeple do grow up), then he is a bargain to be had.

Archived