Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Public Service Announcement: Andrew Luck is a Redshirt JUNIOR in 2011-2012

KDawg

Don't get all defensive, nothing is a gaurantee. Just like the driver could decide he wants to do donuts in the parking lot for ****s and giggles. You brought it up to combat the equally insane theory of us tanking the season (fighting fire with fire?) so expect to be lambasted.

Lambasted for what?

Stating that he may not come out?

Most people don't realize he's a redshirt junior.

Telling people that he is is a reason to get lambasted? :ols:

There are plenty of other options at QB this coming year. The draft that just happened pales in comparison to this coming draft in terms of franchise quality QBs - I read somewhere that there would be 8 quality franchise guys.

Hitman - I've heard that a few times as well. Not to hijack the thread, but any idea on who the other prospects are? The only name I continually hear (and can't get away from) is Luck.

We are going to be in position to draft him because our roster is now getting very young.

We simply will not have the horses to be more then a 3-4 win team next season

Come on SHF, have a little faith. I think there is a ZERO possibility we don't at LEAST win as many games as last year. The 3-4 started looking vastly improved the last few games of the season, and with a few new pieces through the draft, plus one more full offseason to get more comfortable in the new schemes, I think we're looking at an 8-8 season and with a few lucky breaks, perhaps even wildcard bound.

Here's the issue. When you make a post like that, without using a quote, it comes across as if its to the OP.

But, to your other point, you're right. You never did mention me. And for that I apologize for assuming so. But as you can see, there have been people in this thread attacking me for saying he's a junior and has a chance of coming back, so I assumed you were coming at me. My apologies.

i see. i apologize for my lack of msg board etiquette and the confusion it caused. like i said, i understand the purpose of your post and wasn't trying to group you in with anyone else.

We are going to be in position to draft him because our roster is now getting very young.

We simply will not have the horses to be more then a 3-4 win team next season

I agree with this, but hope to be pleasantly surprised. That said, I won't fret if we suck because I know our future QB will be on the way next year. Luck or otherwise.

I've also heard that he doesn't look both ways when crossing streets and has a high chance of getting hit by a car. Granted, all signs point to the fact that he WONT be run over by a car. But it's not a guarantee. He very well could be run over.

So can we skip all the crazy conspiracy theories that we're going to tank this year to get him? We'd have some real egg on our faces if we did and he got run over by a car.

And I don't think Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan are that dumb.

I've also heard that he doesn't look both ways when crossing streets and has a high chance of getting hit by a car. Granted, all signs point to the fact that he WONT be run over by a car. But it's not a guarantee. He very well could be run over.

So can we skip all the crazy conspiracy theories that we're going to tank this year to get him? We'd have some real egg on our faces if we did and he got run over by a car.

And I don't think Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan are that dumb.

:ols:

You're a funny guy.

Making more of the OP than necessary = troll status.

Well done.

It's good to see that in this age of ES that making a post to inform the masses of a players' collegiate eligibility requires "lambasting".

Drew_Fl,

:cheers:

:ols:

You're a funny guy.

Making more of the OP than necessary = troll status.

Well done.

It's good to see that in this age of ES that making a post to inform the masses of a players' collegiate eligibility requires "lambasting".

Drew_Fl,

:cheers:

KDawg.

Pearls before swine, man. Pearls before swine.

Trust me... If we came upon the #1 pick naturally (not tanking like some suggest, which in and of itself is a bit of an odd suggestion considering these guys are professionals who pride themselves on being winners) and we got Luck (assuming he comes out, as expected) I'd be dancing in the streets :ols:

KDawg.

Pearls before swine, man. Pearls before swine.

The comic strip? It's good. I enjoy it. The rat is hilarious.

He'll get his degree this year. That was the one thing holding him back. I don't see him staying.

That wasn't the point of the thread, though ;)

The point was: He COULD. (And most importantly, I really don't think a lot of people realized he's going to be a RS Junior and not a Senior.)

So the conspiracy theories of "tank to get him" make even less sense than they already did.

That's all.

In the end, I actually agree with this sentiment.

Wow, he has the Redskins as the worst team in the league. The Redskins had one of the toughest schedules in the league last year, and they will have one of the easiest in the league this year. Just that alone will mean that the team will finish with at least a 5-11 record. If the defense plays as well as it did down the stretch last year then this team has a shot at being good. I don't see how anyone can pick the Skins to finish dead last in the league.

And to contribute something meaningful to the origional discussion, I just dont understand what the big deal with Luck is. He is a good looking QB, but with the amount of talent around him at Stanford he should look good. The simple fact of the matter is that he is a very polished QB prospect, but that doesn't mean he is the only QB who can rescue a franchise. Also worth considering is the fact that consensus #1 picks who go back to school tend to see their stock fall. Leinhard dropped to #10, Bradford got hurt, Locker dropped to #8. We will see what people think of him after he goes through another season.

Or instead of guaranteed money in the form of a pro contract, he'll just stay and play for nothing at Stanford. Sure it could happen, and the sun could explode at any moment too, so no need buying sun screen!

And why are you on here defending every little post from everyone else? Are you that desperate for approval from others?

And calling people trolls?

Great thread!

Even if we can't get Luck, there's still 3 or 4 others that are considered good quality passers that could all rate higher than any of the QBs this year. 4 better than now. And people ***** that we didn't reach for a QB.

Redskins fans need an enema.

The one thing it does, is give Luck the option.

Say we are in the #1 spot, maybe he doesnt want to play for the Redskins.

He will have the option, as Dawg pointed out to not declare.

Not to mention by all reports, this will be a very strong class of qb;s, just maybe he is not the #1,

and based on that, he opts to play another year.

Nobody knows for sure what he is going to do.

But you can bet your last dollar bill that there is no way Shanahan lets this team tank a season in hopes of getting Luck or

any other top flight QB.

According to that mock anyway, Barkley will have a shot at unseating Luck as the no.1 depending on how the season goes and how Luck reacts to lesser talent around him.

Suffice to say if the Skins are 4 or less wins bad, we will get one of those guys. My question is what if we are picking 10-15 again? Who is the next tier of passers and are they better than this years crop?

According to that mock anyway, Barkley will have a shot at unseating Luck as the no.1 depending on how the season goes and how Luck reacts to lesser talent around him.

Suffice to say if the Skins are 4 or less wins bad, we will get one of those guys. My question is what if we are picking 10-15 again? Who is the next tier of passers and are they better than this years crop?

We are 1 of only 3 or 4 teams that supposedly will NEED a QB next year - Redskins, Bills (depending on Fitzpatrick), Seahawks, Dolphins.

With 5 or 6 projected franchise QBs out there, we'll be fine.

Or instead of guaranteed money in the form of a pro contract, he'll just stay and play for nothing at Stanford. Sure it could happen, and the sun could explode at any moment too, so no need buying sun screen!

And why are you on here defending every little post from everyone else? Are you that desperate for approval from others?

And calling people trolls?

Great thread!

Thank you!

;)

Let me show the chronological timeline of this thread:

Me: Andrew Luck is a redshirt junior, he could come back for his senior year. Although all signs point to him declaring.

Poster A: :doh: he's going to stay in school and forego millions? HAH!

Me: I never said he was going to stay, I said it was a possibility.

Poster B: :doh: So he's going to stay in school and forego millions? HAH!

Poster C: :doh: So he's going to stay in school and forego millions? HAH! Oh, and there's a possibility that the sun explodes thus destroying life as we know it and creating a charred universe that no longer exists!

I'm boggled at the vitriol aimed at me in this thread for the OP :ols:

Let me show the chronological timeline of this thread:

Me: Andrew Luck is a redshirt junior, he could come back for his senior year. Although all signs point to him declaring.

Poster A: :doh: he's going to stay in school and forego millions? HAH!

Poster B: :doh: So he's going to stay in school and forego millions? HAH!

Poster C: :doh: So he's going to stay in school and forego millions? HAH! Oh, and there's a possibility that the sun explodes thus destroying life as we know it and creating a charred universe that no longer exists!

I'm boggled at the vitriol aimed at me in this thread for the OP :ols:

:doh: so he's going to stay in school and forego millions? HAH!

lol I love you Kdawg but you are getting defensive over nothing. I told you in my first post that there is no reason to get so defensive and just pointed out that it is highly unlikely that your scenario will happen...and yes we know its possible. I was just having fun with your post no vitriol intended. I meant that your point of him staying another year would be lambasted because it is highly unlikely not you personally. I think we all agree that it is a possibility but we can all also agree that it is highly unlikely so it's a moot point really.

Archived