Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Draft Day(s) Thread

SIXX99

I don't remember the last time I was jittery for the NFL Draft. Tonight's pick/decision will make or break Shanny's future in Washington.

My feeling is doom and gloom for this exact reason. Really have a bad feeling that this is just a repeat of the past decade where we see Franchise QB's go to other teams and hear a press conference later about how a Defensive player we just picked is going to turn this club around which I have no doubt won't work out like that. Tonight I think Shanny seals his fate with a stupid pick that costs him his job, Hoping like hell I'm wrong but just my gut feeling

I will be absolitely furious if we draft robert quinn. I got a real bad feeling that

Hes gonna bust. I think the draft goes as follows:

1- panthers - newton

2- broncos - miller

3 - bills - dareus

4- bengals - gabbert

5 - cards - peterson

6- browns - green

7 - 49ers - i hope quinn goes here

8 - titans - fairley

9 - cowgirls either amukamara or tyron smith

10- skins - jones hopefully

Damn I was hoping to start the official thread...

I'll be out of the house till about 8:40 - 8:45, but luckily I have NFL Mobile on my Driod Incredible, so I'll be following along on that.

Time to start prognostications! Not on who we'll pick, but when.

I'm on record for 9:15 PM EST

That sounds about right imo, I'd say at least 6 teams will take the full 10 min, the rest being all over the board. The Skins pick will probably be made between 9:15 and 9:30.

I am gutted not to be able to watch this. Curse time zones and the fact I have to work tomorrow despite the Royal wedding. Going to have to shut myself off from the news, record it and watch it tomorrow night. Fingers crossed it's worth the wait...

I will be absolitely furious if we draft robert quinn. I got a real bad feeling that

Hes gonna bust. I think the draft goes as follows:

1- panthers - newton

2- broncos - miller

3 - bills - dareus

4- bengals - gabbert

5 - cards - peterson

6- browns - green

7 - 49ers - i hope quinn goes here

8 - titans - fairley

9 - cowgirls either amukamara or tyron smith

10- skins - jones hopefully

I agree; please no Quinn. I really hope we can trade down--I think after those first 6 guys and maybe Fairley there's a big dropoff in 1st-round talent....

I am gutted not to be able to watch this. Curse time zones and the fact I have to work tomorrow despite the Royal wedding. Going to have to shut myself off from the news, record it and watch it tomorrow night. Fingers crossed it's worth the wait...

Shoot man, maybe you're older than me, but I pull all-nighters a couple times a month just for the hell of it, when I can't decide between work and other things.

This has to be worth it!

I don't remember the last time I was jittery for the NFL Draft. Tonight's pick/decision will make or break Shanny's future in Washington.

Same here. I have been counting down the days since the lock out. Have NO CLUE who we will draft. That's the exciting part. With FA signing on Monday, maybe we can get lucky at #10 w/ Gabbert.

Two biggest fears:

(1) We give up next year's number 1 to trade up (regardless of who we get - including Gabbert)

(2) Patrick Peterson falls to Dallas.

- fingers crossed that neither of these things happen.

I agree completely. I'm really starting to believe that neither of these will happen... so let's hope for the best.

Two biggest fears:

(1) We give up next year's number 1 to trade up (regardless of who we get - including Gabbert)

(2) Patrick Peterson falls to Dallas.

- fingers crossed that neither of these things happen.

I put ALL my money in that both won't happen.

Peterson is NOT getting past Arizona, and if it comes to it, the Titans. With 3 teams before Dallass picking more for defense (Broncos, Cards, Titans) I think the big 3 defensive players (Peterson, Dareus, Miller) will be gone by the time the Cowboys pick. Fairley may still be there, but he doesn't fit that system at all. Prince would still be a great pick for them (although going O-Line is definitely better), but hey it's not Peterson.

Let's do this! And I have to extend a big thank you to ES. I've never been into a draft this much. All of the ES insiders, prognosticators and researchers have really got me excited. Wouldn't have happened if it weren't for this here forum.

:cheers:

Peterson is NOT getting past Arizona, and if it comes to it, the Titans. With 3 teams before Dallass picking more for defense (Broncos, Cards, Titans) I think the big 3 defensive players (Peterson, Dareus, Miller) will be gone by the time the Cowboys pick. Fairley may still be there, but he doesn't fit that system at all. Prince would still be a great pick for them (although going O-Line is definitely better), but hey it's not Peterson.

I hope you're right. No way I see Peterson falling all the way to 9 but if he does it has the potential to screw us more than giving up next years picks to trade up.

---------- Post added April-28th-2011 at 05:54 PM ----------

Let's do this! And I have to extend a big thank you to ES. I've never been into a draft this much. All of the ES insiders, prognosticators and researchers have really got me excited. Wouldn't have happened if it weren't for this here forum.

:cheers:

Agreed. Lot of in-depth information about players we may be targeting throughout the draft - and not just the first few picks. Can't thank everyone enough for their hard work in keeping the forums going.

Ok I'm ready, super excited for the draft and also hoping we get Aldon Smith, I dont think it will happen but a guy can hope:fingersx:

But either way cheers to hoping our Redskins get lucky by getting some great players in this years draft.:cheers:

:helmet: :dallasuck :logo:

Archived