Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lockout Watch: 4/29: Stay of injunction granted, LOCKOUT REINSTATED

SonOfWashington

Hopefully fans will let both sides know how they feel once football is reinstated. Let's take off a year from football and see when they come back how many fans are willing to shell out for those seat licenses, pay ridiculous amounts of money to park and eat. I bet a heck of a lot of fans will appreciate having those extra thousands of dollars to spend on stuff like bills and food at the end of the day when all is said and done with this lockout.

The owners have enough money to buy the judges. I knew the 8th circuit would be on their side. Money rules all no matter what aspect of life your talking about.

I just hope something happens soon. We should be talking about mini camp and our free agents right now. These owners really are arrogant as hell. Just split the 9 bill 50/50 and move on. They're still gonna be filthy rich and get more money than the players. Greedy billionaires...but i guess thats how they became billionaires.

Per PFT May 16, 2011, 6:51 PM : Sal Paolantonio of ESPN reports, citing Hall of Fame defensive end Carl Eller, that a breakthrough has occurred in the negotiations. Eller, who is one of the named plaintiffs in a lawsuit brought by former players and consolidated with the Tom Brady antitrust case, said that U.S. Magistrate Judge Arthur Boylan asked the owners at the outset of the day to make a new proposal, and the owners have agreed to do so.

Currently, the proposal is being formulated. Per Paolantonio, the players are very encouraged by the developments, and we think they should be. Given that the players never responded to the league’s March 11 offer, the NFL easily could have balked at the request to make a new offer as an invitation to bid against itself. By agreeing to make a new offer, the NFL has shown good faith, which possibly has helped to thaw the relationship between the two sides, at least a little.

The mediation will continue on Monday night until 9:00 p.m. CT, and Paolantonio said the overall mood is improving. The session is scheduled to continue tomorrow only. If real progress is being made, here’s hoping that gets extended.

---------- Post added May-16th-2011 at 06:37 PM ----------

AlbertBreer Eller lawyer Michael Hausfeld says players have received a proposal from the owners. Will consider it overnight.

When does it reach the point that the federal Government steps in a sort's this ****? I'm not an advocate for that at all, but this is damaging the National game beyond belief.

Bunch of immature school kids. On both sides.

Hail.

I agree, this mess needs to end already...Sheesh!..However, it appears that everything is pointing to June 3rd. That will be a big day in the courts.

So, there's a minuscule chance that the players could love this offer and end this **** soon, right? I know, not likely :(

---------- Post added May-16th-2011 at 08:01 PM ----------

The owners have enough money to buy the judges.

:rolleyes: This isn't The Godfather, dude.

Chris Collinsworth thinks nothing is going to happen until September when players miss the first paycheck. The season will end up starting in November. The owners wants to make the players accept their deal; so I tend to agree with Chris. Nothing will happen until the players actually miss a paycheck.

Chris Collinsworth thinks nothing is going to happen until September when players miss the first paycheck. The season will end up starting in November. The owners wants to make the players accept their deal; so I tend to agree with Chris. Nothing will happen until the players actually miss a paycheck.

Wasn't that opinion prior to this new offer?

I would think that timeline is only valid if the players feel like they are conceding. If they think that a deal is fair, why miss any pay checks?

According to ESPN, http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6555558 , mediations are seriously going on now. The owners have submitted a new proposal at the request of the judge and they are, even at this time (or are about to end, 8-9pm is the extended time), working on the players answer but things are going well according to all reports and all parties.

Also, listen to the podcast by Sal Palantonio, it sounds like things are actually moving.

This is a VERY good sign. :D

According to ESPN, http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6555558 , mediations are seriously going on now. The owners have submitted a new proposal at the request of the judge and they are, even at this time (or are about to end, 8-9pm is the extended time), working on the players answer but things are going well according to all reports and all parties.

Also, listen to the podcast by Sal Palantonio, it sounds like things are actually moving.

This is a VERY good sign. :D

I believe it when I see it. Tomorrow we will get report that things didn't progress. Talks broke off and then it's back to waiting to see what the courts will do.

I agree, this mess needs to end already...Sheesh!..However, it appears that everything is pointing to June 3rd. That will be a big day in the courts.

I don't think it's going to wait until June 3rd now. The judges that made this decision basically stated in their ruling that the Owners are more than likely going to win the longer ruling as well as this one, so I think both sides might get this done now. Smith doesn't want to be hammered in court when that's supposed to be his bread and butter. He already had some big wins, but if the Owners win the June 3rd decision, then he's going to look like an *** clown.

I believe it when I see it. Tomorrow we will get report that things didn't progress. Talks broke off and then it's back to waiting to see what the courts will do.

I'll believe when the ticker says "BREAKING NEWS: NFL and PA has agreed in principal to new CBA; details forthcoming..." :ols:

It's definitely possible, but at least there are REAL positive reports coming out. When the sides were discussing things previously they showed no signs of commitment, at all. Today neither side had left the negotiating table by 8pm, had asked for an extension to negotiate today (hence the late hours), and the only break they've had was a 30 min. lunch break. Players have come out saying positive things about the Owner's new proposal, so all of this is 100% better than any previous negotiations.

Archived