Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you have an issue with the circus?

Skinz4Life12

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I have a problem with them coming to George Mason and taking up all our parking as they are doing right now. :mad:

the circus at mason is what made me post this question.

i remember walking to class a few years ago through lot A and seeing the terrible conditions the elephants had to live in

I voted "no." Though the circus doesn't emphasize education the way, say, the dolphin show at the National Aquarium in Baltimore does, I think anything that gives kids a love and appreciation for animals is a good thing. They're the ones we'll trust earth's creatures to when we're gone.

I know that sounds like a "sacrifice the few for the good of the many" kind of mentality. And that might be a horrible position to take. But that's where I am on this.

lol i'm not sure what background info is needed to understand the question. sure it may be a random question, but not one that is in any way confusing

Eh, threads tend to be more interesting when you provide your opinion. It's also poor form to expect people to read the poll before reading the first post, particularly when both the thread title and the OP are extremely vague on their own.

Eh, threads tend to be more interesting when you provide your opinion. It's also poor form to expect people to read the poll before reading the first post, particularly when both the thread title and the OP are extremely vague on their own.

okay whatever man, thanks for your input and your vague answer to the question

HH, there are plenty of ways to give kids a love and appreciation for animals besides taking them to the circus

Completely agree. And I've never taken my kids, but my ex has, and I have no problem with it whatsoever.

I never enjoyed the circus and when I have kids I probably wouldn't take them to one.

The Natural History Museum is a must for all kids though. That's where my interest in biology was sparked. Place is fascinating. The circus always kind of disturbed me for some reason and I don't think it's good for animals at all.

Archived