Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pastor had sex with teens to cure their homosexuality

SkinsHokieFan

http://www.wisconsingazette.com/breaking-news/pastor-had-sex-with-teens-to-cure-their-homosexuality.html

Pastor had sex with teens to cure their homosexuality

A former youth pastor in Council Bluffs, Iowa, says he had sex with teenage boys because it was his pastoral duty “to help (the teen) with homosexual urges by praying while he had sexual contact with him.”

But law enforcement has a different view of his actions. Earlier this month, Brent Girouex, 31, was arrested on 60 counts of suspicion of sexual exploitation by a counselor or therapist, reported The Daily Nonpareil

In February, Girouex told Council Bluffs police detectives that he had sexual contact with four young men starting in 2007 in order to help them gain “sexual purity in the eyes of God.”

But Pottawattamie County Attorney Matt Wilber told the Nonpareil that at least eight men have come forward with complaints that Girouex molested them.

Court documents indicated Girouex told investigators the most sexual contact he had was with one teen over a four-year period, starting when the boy was 14 years old. Calling the contact “mutual,” he said it had occurred between “25 and 50 times” during that period.

When investigators spoke to the teen, who’s now an adult, he told them the number was between 50 and 100.

Three other young men who were teenagers when the incidents occurred told investigators the sex occurred at Girouex’s home. All said they went to be helped with “sexual purity.”

“When they would ejaculate, they would be getting rid of the evil thoughts in their mind,” Girouex allegedly told detectives.

Wilber said investigators are following leads to see if there are more victims. Girouex is currently free on $30,000 bond.

Three other young men who were teenagers when the incidents occurred told investigators the sex occurred at Girouex’s home. All said they went to be helped with “sexual purity.”

“When they would ejaculate, they would be getting rid of the evil thoughts in their mind,” Girouex allegedly told detectives.

Well, his explanation makes plenty of sense....nothing to see here people, move along.

Well, did it work?

I'm guessing not so well, since he had to perform his "services" repeatedly over a 4 year period. Doesn't seem very effective.

Have you seen the exorcist? If it was that easy, then maybe the pastor wouldn't have stepped in to help.

So the kids told him they were gay ?

And as a gay man he had sex with them while praying ?

25 times alone, seems like a large number to ignore. Why did the kid keep going back ?

People are dumb, especially when said people are kids and especially when said kids are confused about their sexuality and convinced that they are going to hell because of it.

No doubt if he gets off the Catholic Church will look after him like it never happened.

Hail.

Im getting to have the mindset that is if you trust your kids with a priest, you get what you ask for.

~Bang

Not seeing anything that indicates this is a Catholic priest...do you guys have some information beyond what is in the article?

edit...While within Christianity the term "priest" is usually associated with Catholics...at least in my experience...it could be used to describe a minister in any religion. Perhaps that is how Bang was using it.

And in other news...

New Hampshire state House Majority Leader calls Catholic bishop a 'pedophile pimp'

(CNN) - The New Hampshire House majority leader lashed out Friday on his Facebook page at a Roman Catholic bishop, calling the clergyman a "pedophile pimp" who "has no moral credibility to lecture anyone."

The comments come in the wake of a rally Thursday where John McCormack, who is bishop of the Roman Catholic Manchester Diocese, criticized state budget cuts that he argued would hurt "the most vulnerable in our society," according to a transcript of his remarks posted on the diocese's website.

And in other news...

New Hampshire state House Majority Leader calls Catholic bishop a 'pedophile pimp'

(CNN) - The New Hampshire House majority leader lashed out Friday on his Facebook page at a Roman Catholic bishop, calling the clergyman a "pedophile pimp" who "has no moral credibility to lecture anyone."

The comments come in the wake of a rally Thursday where John McCormack, who is bishop of the Roman Catholic Manchester Diocese, criticized state budget cuts that he argued would hurt "the most vulnerable in our society," according to a transcript of his remarks posted on the diocese's website.

:owned:

How is that ownage? A church leader makes uncontroversial comments at a rally to oppose budget cuts that will hurt the poor, and the House Majority Leader's response it to it is to lower the discourse and go after him personally like that?

Good lord, that is disgraceful.

Not seeing anything that indicates this is a Catholic priest...do you guys have some information beyond what is in the article?

edit...While within Christianity the term "priest" is usually associated with Catholics...at least in my experience...it could be used to describe a minister in any religion. Perhaps that is how Bang was using it.

I think enough Catholic priests have been involved in molestation charges and the Catholic church has been willing enough to shield them that the assumption is automatic at this point.

No doubt if he gets off the Catholic Church will look after him like it never happened.

Hail.

Im getting to have the mindset that is if you trust your kids with a priest, you get what you ask for.

~Bang

I think enough Catholic priests have been involved in molestation charges and the Catholic church has been willing enough to shield them that the assumption is automatic at this point.

Well that is a brilliant way to go through life. And a good way to be wrong in this case.

Would love to see the reaction if same logic was applied to terrorism and Muslims. Actually we probably already have.

~Bang

Religious or non-religious, I would never trust another adult with my kid(s) one on one.

And from my limited experience, many churches have recognized this as well -- even with adults (i.e., pastor isn't going to be left alone to try and counsel a newly divorced woman).

This story is obviously disgusting, disturbing, and wrong on many, many levels. However, I think often times deviancy isn't so much an obvious defect in the person, but a latent temptation waiting for an opportunity. Which is why accountability is so extremely important.

Archived