Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Racial Biases of Duke Hating

LeesburgSkinFan

this is why people hate Puke

And this.

---------- Post added March-25th-2011 at 08:51 AM ----------

Oh and one more thing fresh on the heels of the worst loss in tournament history EVER by a Duke # 1 seeded team.

Duke fans who complain that everyone hates them because they're too good are like cheerleaders who complain that everyone hates them because they're too pretty. Sorry, princess! Soaked with arrogance (and Dick Vitale tongue baths), the Dukies have hit NC State with the chant "If you can't go to college, go to State!" while UNC has gotten the blunter "We're smart! You're dumb!" This from the crowd who interminably claim to be the classiest in all of basketball. Here's what the most reviled fans in college sports don't understand: When everyone already resents you for being a perennial national champion, brainstorming new ways to make fun of people doesn't make you clever. It makes you a dick.

Read More http://www.gq.com/sports/lists/201104/worst-sports-fans-in-america#ixzz1HcCys8Fl

Rocky, not being a Duke fan, I'd have to agree with them. Most people hate Duke because they are so good. If Duke was a middle-of-the-pack ACC team, no one would hate them. People hate Duke for the same reasons people hate the Yankees and Lakers.

And, for the record, your analogy is perfect...most girls who hate hot cheerleaders do so because they are hot cheerleaders. Envy is a powerful human emotion.

---------- Post added March-25th-2011 at 10:26 AM ----------

McRoberts is the typical Duke boy who can't go pro

Lol

People play college sports for different reasons. Not everyone is under the delusion that they are going to be a star in the NBA. So, we're laughing at a guy who is playing D-I college basketball at one of the premier programs while receiving a top education? HA...joke's on you McRoberts!

I have to say, the fact that Duke put out an all-white front line last night with the names Miles, Mason, and Kyle made me hate them a teeny tiny bit more than I normally would.

Seriously, Miles, Mason, and Kyle. That's just ****ing obnoxious.

I guess my point is, I want to boo the black players on Duke, but I want to punch the white players on Duke. I'm not sure why that is.

I have to say' date=' the fact that Duke put out an all-white front line last night with the names Miles, Mason, and Kyle made me hate them a teeny tiny bit more than I normally would.

Seriously, Miles, Mason, and Kyle. That's just ****ing obnoxious.

I guess my point is, I want to boo the black players on Duke, but I want to punch the white players on Duke. I'm not sure why that is.[/quote']

You would have been apoplectic watching those U of Wisconsin cheeseheads with 4 white guys on the floor at once last night. If it was in black and white you would have sworn you were watching the 1953 NIT finals.

I would submit BYU as the counter-point to this guy's argument. Does ANYONE hate BYU?

I like BYU shame their run ended.

---------- Post added March-25th-2011 at 10:49 AM ----------

Steve Blake always looked like a rat to me.

Blake definately looked like a Turtle

For the record' date=' if Jimmer Freddette played one more round, I would despise him.

It's amazing that he score 30 a game considering that he takes 35 shots and controls the ball 85 percent of the time and has carte blanche privileges to shoot from anywhere. I mean, it is really remarkable.[/quote']

I loved his story entering the tournament and I was a streaky shooter myself (on a much, much, much less impressive scale of course), but man I agree with you. I can't believe how annoyed with him I was by the end of the game. His dumb faces, his gestures, his ridiculous turnovers, etc. Yes, he made a couple unbelievable offensive plays. But the actual feel-good story last night was how that team was able to stay in the game and help force OT when he shot about 33% from the field.

People play college sports for different reasons. Not everyone is under the delusion that they are going to be a star in the NBA. So, we're laughing at a guy who is playing D-I college basketball at one of the premier programs while receiving a top education? HA...joke's on you McRoberts!

McRoberts went pro after his sophmore year.

Archived