Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

espn.com- cowboys dez bryant banned from mall

grego

Please choose 1 from each category (4 votes total)  

483 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose 1 from each category (4 votes total)

• Under 40 - Joanna Krupa
    • Under 40 - Janine Habeck
    • Over 40 - Faith Hill
    • Over 40 - Catherine Bell
    • Olympic - Tanith Belbin
    • Olympic - Heather Mitts
    • Reality Star - Analeigh Tipton
    • Reality Star - Jo de la Rosa

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=6248159

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant was given a criminal trespass warning from off-duty police officers at a Dallas shopping mall Saturday, according to WFAA-TV in Dallas.

According to the report, Bryant and some friends were involved in an incident at NorthPark Center where security asked them to pull their pants up because their underwear was showing.

Bryant, however, denied the report and told ESPNDallas.com his pants were up but some of his friends' pants were down.

More on the Cowboys

Calvin Watkins, Tim MacMahon and Todd Archer have the Dallas Cowboys blanketed for ESPNDallas.com. Blog

More: ESPN Dallas

"It really wasn't me in the wrong," Bryant said Tuesday. "It's not even an issue."

WFAA said Bryant was banned from the mall for three months.

click the link for the story

"I told the guy I'm not trying to get in trouble," Bryant said. "I'm not trying to destroy my image. The [warning] wasn't toward me. I was trying to figure out what was going on. It was a big misunderstanding. I was the wrong guy."

This coming from the "I'm not carrying anyone's pads" guy? Exactly what image does he think he has?

this is my favorite part--

According to the police report, Bryant has a history of problems at the mall, including an incident at a store where police had to intervene after the wide receiver cut in line and a parking citation for parking in the fire lane. Bryant was also involved in a "major disturbance" at one of the mall's restaurants with an unknown woman. Police were called, but both Bryant and the woman were gone before they arrived.

what a friggin mess this guy is. well, its not like nobody knew he had character issues before he was drafted.

According to the police report, Bryant has a history of problems at the mall, including an incident at a store where police had to intervene after the wide receiver cut in line and a parking citation for parking in the fire lane. Bryant was also involved in a "major disturbance" at one of the mall's restaurants with an unknown woman. Police were called, but both Bryant and the woman were gone before they arrived.

what a friggin mess this guy is. well, its not like nobody knew he had character issues before he was drafted.

Surprise, surprise. The first two newsworthy incidents after the lockout come from our Dallas "friends"

such important news. He's such a bad character! </sarcasm>

- its the offseason (and its a lockout). any news is important news.

- if the article is correct, he is a bad character. </no sarcasm>

i forgot-

- its a dallas cowboy getting in legal trouble!!! how is that not great (even if it is expected)?! :D

Dez Bryant's Advisor David Wells: "I was an actual witness to the fact that there was no citation or verbal warning issued to Dez Bryant at NorthPark on Saturday in my presence. Furthermore, Dez was not one of the guys wearing his pants low."

It's looking like this mis-reported non-story is a non-story.

That said, Bryant should be a little more careful given his high profile nature

the MALL? what is this clown, 15?!?!?

Dez Bryant's Advisor David Wells: "I was an actual witness to the fact that there was no citation or verbal warning issued to Dez Bryant at NorthPark on Saturday in my presence. Furthermore, Dez was not one of the guys wearing his pants low."

It's looking like this mis-reported non-story is a non-story.

That said, Bryant should be a little more careful given his high profile nature

well, if his advisor said it wasnt true, then..........

on second thought, i'll believe the police in this case over mr. wells, wacky as that may sound.

the MALL? what is this clown, 15?!?!?

i almost posted the same thing.

the mall. lol.

Sadly, it's not true. The offspring of a hooker and pimp wasn't charged and isn't banded from the mall.

well even so, he better keep his ass away from tysons corner or those world famous miscreants of northern virginia will beat him down.

Apparently David Wells was unavailable for addtional comment, He was busy but I have his picture here.....

gf_16.jpg

what legally defines "underwear"? seriously, I don't understand law prohibiting underwear from showing. If you're wearing two pairs of underwear, is the outer pair still considered underwear?

I dont think it matters whether he was wearing mesh shorts under his jeans or zebra print panties.... I think it becomes a problem when your pants are below your actual butt cheeks.

It's easy to make fun of the guy, but I'm sort of impressed by him. Please understand I'm no Cowboy apologist. It's just nice to see a guy work hard to pull himself out of a bad situation. If having friends with low pants is what we're complaining about, the guy deserves some credit. Most people would be doing a lot worse, given what he's been through.

It's easy to make fun of the guy, but I'm sort of impressed by him. Please understand I'm no Cowboy apologist. It's just nice to see a guy work hard to pull himself out of a bad situation. If having friends with low pants is what we're complaining about, the guy deserves some credit. Most people would be doing a lot worse, given what he's been through.

i know very little about his upbringing, but what makes you think he 'worked hard'?

just a hunch, but when i see a super-talented athlete with 'character issues'- little incidents following him everywhere he goes, i get the impression they are physically blessed, and not necessarily someone who got to where they are by working hard.

kinda like a certain #92 around here.

i could be wrong.

Archived