Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

espn.com- cowboys dez bryant banned from mall

grego

Please choose 1 from each category (4 votes total)  

483 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose 1 from each category (4 votes total)

• Under 40 - Joanna Krupa
    • Under 40 - Janine Habeck
    • Over 40 - Faith Hill
    • Over 40 - Catherine Bell
    • Olympic - Tanith Belbin
    • Olympic - Heather Mitts
    • Reality Star - Analeigh Tipton
    • Reality Star - Jo de la Rosa

Not sure why you care so much about the way another man dresses. There is a word for people who judge others based on appearance alone: Ignorance.

HEy man what do you expect in a discussion thread that everyones opinion would be the same?

This is just a discussion, the guy did not deny to help the dude change a flat because of the way he/his group was dressed. To each his own, but IMO this guy or any other guy that thinks this is cool or wears pants like that is looking like a fool. The guy on AI nailed it, and what would the world had said had that dude been white? See what I am saying.

HEy man what do you expect in a discussion thread that everyones opinion would be the same?

This is just a discussion, the guy did not deny to help the dude change a flat because of the way he/his group was dressed. To each his own, but IMO this guy or any other guy that thinks this is cool or wears pants like that is looking like a fool. The guy on AI nailed it, and what would the world had said had that dude been white? See what I am saying.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinions for sure- but when I hear things like "I can't even take someone serious when I see a guy wearing this" (especially from a dude who loves coldplay) I just find it funny. You are essentially complaining about things that don't concern you: other people's clothing.

The way people dress- whether it look silly to you or bubbles- is a cultural thing. Some guys from the Bronx might see you in Florida wearing a Hawaiian shirt with sandals/straw hat and think you look corny. The point is that it doesn't matter.... and if you alienate people from the very beginning because of the way they dress (as bubbles claims he does) then you are just plain stupid.

Dez Bryant's Advisor David Wells: "I was an actual witness to the fact that there was no citation or verbal warning issued to Dez Bryant at NorthPark on Saturday in my presence. Furthermore, Dez was not one of the guys wearing his pants low."

nfl_a_dez12_200.jpg

Yeah, that looks like he doesn't wear them too low :rolleyes:

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/columns/story?columnist=smith_stephen&id=6252412

There would be no need to even address subjects like this, of course, had it not been for Bryant getting flagged with a criminal trespass warning by off-duty officers after exposing his underwear and buttocks to patrons at the mall over the weekend, according to police.

But Dez is a "good guy" :rotflmao:

Everybody is entitled to their own opinions for sure- but when I hear things like "I can't even take someone serious when I see a guy wearing this" (especially from a dude who loves coldplay) I just find it funny. You are essentially complaining about things that don't concern you: other people's clothing.

The way people dress- whether it look silly to you or bubbles- is a cultural thing. Some guys from the Bronx might see you in Florida wearing a Hawaiian shirt with sandals/straw hat and think you look corny. The point is that it doesn't matter.... and if you alienate people from the very beginning because of the way they dress (as bubbles claims he does) then you are just plain stupid.

That's all fine and dandy except that's not the way it works in the real world. You can say that you don't judge a person by the way they dress but you do. You may be willing to overcome your personal biases more than some but the way a person dresses says a lot about that person. That goes for hygiene, makeup, etc. In many instances it may even be subconscious judgements being made. It may be people just being stupid but it is the way things are. And cultural or not, wearing your pants around your knees gives off a negative image to the vast majority of the population. Whether you care that it does is another story.

Can we send the fat man down South? He'd fit right into that locker room.

Hail.

I've been saying this for a while now. His character fits right in in Dallas. I'm sure he can teach Bryant the finer points of Mall slouching & assaulting people in traffic.

---------- Post added March-25th-2011 at 12:34 AM ----------

That's all fine and dandy except that's not the way it works in the real world. You can say that you don't judge a person by the way they dress but you do. You may be willing to overcome your personal biases more than some but the way a person dresses says a lot about that person. That goes for hygiene, makeup, etc. In many instances it may even be subconscious judgements being made. It may be people just being stupid but it is the way things are. And cultural or not, wearing your pants around your knees gives off a negative image to the vast majority of the population. Whether you care that it does is another story.

Let's add that it can also be considered lewd or indecent exposure. I'm all for culture. Wearing your pants half off is just plain stoopid looking. Hightops, that was cultural & a fashion I could dig. Baggy clothing, not such a bad thing. Hats on sideways...not sure I totally get it, but I'm not against it either. You wanna wear a bandanna around your neck, wrist, forehead, have at it. You wanna wear your jersey backward or inside out, who cares? But when you drop your drawers like that, it tells people you have no respect for them or yourself. You think so little of others that showing off the crack of your rear end is only the beginning of your disregard. No one cares what color your boxers are or where you bought them.

You want people to respect you? Pull your pants up & dress like a man, if you want to be treated like a man. You wanna wear your pants down around your ankles, people, in general, are going to treat you with less respect, they will generally not think very highly of you, & will more than likely treat you like you dress-like a toddler who has no idea how to dress himself.

FIrst off, I wouldn't really say I love Coldlay. They're just a band I happen to like. And that has nothing at all to do with this topic. I hate rap and hip hop music, too. But that has nothing to do with why I hate stickers on hats, or why I think guys look ridiculous with their hats to the side. I just think it looks stupid. So do baggy jeans. And I don't care if you agree or not. I'm pretty sure most of America would side with me on all these things. It doesn't look cool.

And you can say its crazy for me to judge someone by the clothes they wear. But that's life. I never said I hate those people, or that they're stupid. I just think they look like idiots.

Well, I don't have anything against baggy pants, stickers or wearing your hat to the side. But, if your trying to work or socialize in some circles you won't get very far. Good or bad, we as humans do judge others by appearance. When your sitting in a board room, your not going to be taken as seriously as a guy wearing traditional business wear of a suit and tie or even a more business casual look.

Personally, I just can't see how it can be comfortable. I have several nephews and some went through this stage wearing baggy pants but they eventually grew out of it. They still will wear baggy pants, but they tend to use a belt now.

Not sure why you care so much about the way another man dresses. There is a word for people who judge others based on appearance alone: Ignorance.

The ones who wear their pants down to their ankles are ignorant because most of them don't even know where it originated. I have 2 nephews who do the samething and I tell both of them that they look like a couple of clowns.

This belongs everywhere Dez Bryant is mentioned. Interesting:

Fox Sports Southwest's Matt Mosley believes Ray Sherman's "close bond" with Dez Bryant led to the wide receivers coach's firing early this offseason.

These are whispers we've heard before. Sherman was soft on Bryant, allowing him to vent on the sidelines and introducing "Keepin' It Real Thursdays" for his receivers to "blow off steam" in practices. New WRs coach Jimmy Robinson will be charged with instilling more discipline in Bryant once the lockout ends. Mar 29, 9:24 PM

Source: Fox Sports Southwest

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5558/player?r=1

Archived