Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

why does E.S. support L.A. & C.D. if they don't like us?

skinslove<3

I can't stand these two. Is it me or are the sports talk shows in our area weak??

majority of them are weak.

i can't stand either one of them, and as a female, it's great that K&R are listenable, and i tune in for the entire show...a lot of my girlfriends do as well.

K&R are about the fans as well. we need to get a switch up at the station with on air personalities that we WANT to hear.

Dukes is a joke to DC radio.....This is the same guy who did one of his rants before the NBA draft about how the Wizards were crazy to take Wall and should have drafted Evan Turner at #1 Bwahahaha!! And...the one rant he did about how the Skins should move to LA was about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. If you want excellent Redskins coverage tune in to Sheehan and Loverro for The Sports Fix. Well spoken and no agenda just great Redskins insight.

I have joined this forum at the request of some interested parties.

First and foremost, as much as everyone has emailed Chris Kinard about the situation it is almost pointless to do. I have known CK for some time off and on and have had a good report with him - trust me I know sundrop helps a lot. But he isn't going to respond to people sending him requests about getting KnR back on.

You can blitz this feedback form all you want http://washington.cbslocal.com/fan-feedback/ but it will pretty much go to the same place which is what the CBSradio Corporate page will tell you to do. Will getting the attention of Dan Mason, David Goodman, or Michael Weiss make a difference (all Exec members)? Possibly but I don't have emails for them. The only contact at the New York office that I do have is for Karen Mateo the VP of communications. Its a press person but who knows maybe she can take this revolution to get KnR back on where it needs to be. 212-649-9639

As far as this situation goes, it is over twitter. Stupid childish bull S on twitter that, IMO, a grown man had to complain about and thus here we are at week 3 of the suspension. Tressel is doing kick flips at only getting 2 games in his suspension. In my conversation with another weekend personality, it is also seen as very uncessary to have gone to this degree. So what are you other options to make a difference.

Can you tweet LA to death? you could but is the other half of this issue really going to make a mia culpa about the situation. Not unless your name is Dan Snyder

Can you call the sponsors of the show and let them you won't do business with them as long as they advertise on LAwCD? That can have a bigger impact if A LOT of you did that...and I mean A LOT

Ratings? Unless you actually are doing the PPM's there's not a whole lot you can do there and getting yourself invovled isn't exactly as easy as one would think. You can call Arbitron and find out. I know how the ratings work so this will be harder to impact.

Getting the word out - Again the more people you tell about this situation and ask them not to listen or suppport the sponsors, the more of an impact this will be.

I wish I could say when Kevin and Rock will be on the air. I would recommend they do a podcast just to keep the fanbase up to date. All I know is twitter silence is the mandatory and FB updates have to be as generic as they have been. Doing a podcast is essentially going backwards from where they have been and could make the situation worse.

I will post more of this situation as needed. But everyone apply the pressure.

Did anyone get a gander at Arrington's comments this week about the Capitals? :)

If he qualifies as a guy who can get paid to comment on the NHL then we here at Extremeskins can comment on the Redskins :laugh:

All Arrington knows about hockey my 8 year old nephew forgot in pee-wee this past year.

I love how he is right now on the show completely belittling his listeners who can't understand his scary intelligence on the labor issue. They are calling in and trying (because they are constantly attacked and hung up on) to point out that the owners are the employers and the players are the employees and the players aren't so obviously "in the right".

Lavar keeps screaming that we (the dumb masses) can't understand that the players "are the commodity". They don't pump the oil, they are the oil. They don't make the cars, the are the cars.

Yea, yea yea, LA, I get it. We aren't actually dumber than you. Quite frankly, my college degree and doctorate suggest I can probably follow your linebacker reasoning. Here's the thing Lavar, oil just sitting in a puddle isn't making anybody money. Cars sitting on alot aren't making anybody money.

These players can walk. Or they can go and buy 32 stadiums, get all the permits, negotiate the contracts with the TV stations, merchandise and license everything, create their own league and get people to come support them. By all means Lavar, the players don't need the league. I am quite sure you and the likes of Desean Jackson could certainly set up a multi-billion dollar, international business. After all, you guys are so fast and strong.

P.S. Im not saying the players have no ground here or that the owners are right but I am sitting in my office listening to these two morons scream and belittle their "fans" on how they can't possibly understand what's happening to the poor players and how THEY ARE THE COMMODITY. The truth is these jerks should figure out how to split up their billions of dollars but let's not get crazy, the players are a product that couldn't possibly market itself without these "greedy owners" and their stadiums, tv contracts and business sense. Its STUPID to suggest that these players could just get together at the local high school and it would turn into the NFL.

I love how he is right now on the show completely belittling his listeners who can't understand his scary intelligence on the labor issue. They are calling in and trying (because they are constantly attacked and hung up on) to point out that the owners are the employers and the players are the employees and the players aren't so obviously "in the right".

Lavar keeps screaming that we (the dumb masses) can't understand that the players "are the commodity". They don't pump the oil, they are the oil. They don't make the cars, the are the cars.

Yea, yea yea, LA, I get it. We aren't actually dumber than you. Quite frankly, my college degree and doctorate suggest I can probably follow your linebacker reasoning. Here's the thing Lavar, oil just sitting in a puddle isn't making anybody money. Cars sitting on alot aren't making anybody money.

These players can walk. Or they can go and buy 32 stadiums, get all the permits, negotiate the contracts with the TV stations, merchandise and license everything, create their own league and get people to come support them. By all means Lavar, the players don't need the league. I am quite sure you and the likes of Desean Jackson could certainly set up a multi-billion dollar, international business. After all, you guys are so fast and strong.

P.S. Im not saying the players have no ground here or that the owners are right but I am sitting in my office listening to these two morons scream and belittle their "fans" on how they can't possibly understand what's happening to the poor players and how THEY ARE THE COMMODITY. The truth is these jerks should figure out how to split up their billions of dollars but let's not get crazy, the players are a product that couldn't possibly market itself without these "greedy owners" and their stadiums, tv contracts and business sense. Its STUPID to suggest that these players could just get together at the local high school and it would turn into the NFL.

This is a really good post. +1 from me. Im not saying that the owners are 100% right, but for every player that is holding out, I guarantee there is a scab that would be willing ot give 100% for whatever money the owners are willing to pay. And while some may call it watered down football, at least you would see players finally giving every bit of effort they had, for whatever pay they get, but more for success in a sport they love. Hell, you don't even get 100% effort from some pprofessional players in the NFL with the pay structure the way it currently is, it may actually be refreshing to see more effort and less first down/endzone celebration.

Lavar can say that the current stars are the oil, or the cars, but guess what, if the Porsche is too expensive, Ill buy an Infinity. If the gas is too expensive, Ill find cheaper gas. It may be watered down, but its still football, and while the talent level may be diluted without the big stars, I predict the effort and "heart" level will increase.

As far as this situation goes, it is over twitter. Stupid childish bull S on twitter that, IMO, a grown man had to complain about and thus here we are at week 3 of the suspension. Tressel is doing kick flips at only getting 2 games in his suspension. In my conversation with another weekend personality, it is also seen as very uncessary to have gone to this degree.

Wait...they are actually on a handed down suspension? Is this all because of the Rock/LA twitter conversation about how many followers they have or was there something else?

Wait...they are actually on a handed down suspension? Is this all because of the Rock/LA twitter conversation about how many followers they have or was there something else?

it was because of that yes.

It is very unfortunate that there are so many cliq's at WJFK but they exist. That's why this such a petty and childish situation and I'm not the only person who believes it who works at Jfk - for the record I do not work at WJFK just have many media connections some of who work for the station.

I called in to their show the other day to argue their point that Shanahan didn't gut the team until this offseason. It seems those two think that trading for McNabb cancels out cutting ten vet players (Randel El, Randy Thomas, Griffin and so on) the minute Allen and Shanahan took over the team. They didn't start rebuilding until they cut Portis in their minds. Which is just, goofy. I made some other points and they focused on those. Not wanting to admit they were wrong I guess.

But they are generally real douche bags to anyone who calls in that doesn't share their opinions. And that's why it's terrible talk radio.

The thing that sucks is that 980s signal cuts out on me as soon as the moon starts coming up. So if I want to listen to sports talk radio, I have a choice between static and these two. Sometimes I choose static.

Archived