Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

why does E.S. support L.A. & C.D. if they don't like us?

skinslove<3

i know the premise of this thread almost immediately goes against what point i am trying to make but bare with me. lavar makes mention of not liking our website or those who run it. we all are apart of this board and we all contribute our opinions. granted L.A. and C.D. are paid to give their opinions but as most of us agree they go above and beyond to find the negative in the positive and harp on the negative when the team is down.

we in turn give our opinion on what we think of L.A. and C.D. time and again and most of us can repeat much of what they talk about in their show day to day. well I stopped giving them that power because in the end they win. we talk about how they continue to treat callers like crap, how they don’t really care what the fans think and most of you have said they never respond to any tweets you have sent them.

well call me crazy but if “The Fan” is truly about the Fans, why don’t we as a community support the guys who give back to us and actually have a good show on the station but get little respect from that station. kevin and rock follow ALL their Twitter followers and go the extra mile by responding to any and every tweet they got up until a few weeks ago when they appeared to have a twitter exchange which appeared harmless enough about upping their followers and seeing if they could catch and pass L.A. in which he responded he didn’t need to follow folks back in order to get more.

i thought that was arrogant and oddly enough Kevin and Rock have not tweeted or been back on the air since that twitter exchange. we had another thread in The Tailgate forum wondering where they were started by Stew and wondering when they will be back, but if we dislike L.A. & C.D. so much I say we stop saying their names giving them more ammo on Google and support a show that has actually come out and hung with us, as well as announced our events.

im not here to pit the kevin and rock show against the L.A. & C.D. show, but I like many others refuse to listen to something that isn’t good or treats me and my opinion as if its stupid. i may be female and off the bat many discount my opinion but i know that creating controversy for the sake of ratings isn’t good radio. its desperation. also, when there are only two Sports stations in the area, its not hard to be #1 in your timeslot.

im sure the junkies don’t consider being 18th through 21st in over all ratings but first in their time slot a great thing. oh great you beat the other station in town. what an accomplishment. i say if you haven’t gotten to hear kevin and rock give them a listen whenever they are back on IF they ever come back on or follow them on twitter. (@kevinandrock)

im sure I can’t be the only person that feels this way. if i thought i could make it work i’d picket to get L.A. OFF the air and kevin and rock in their timeslot....

i would like to see ES support those that embrace what is it to be a redskins fan. kevin and rock are REAL, and we can all relate to them.

thoughts?!?!

I have only heard bits and pieces of Kevin and Rock but from what I have heard I really like. I agree with you about L.A. and C.D. No matter what your opinion is they shoot it down if it doesn't agree with theirs and you are wrong. I hate that C.D. acts like he is the biggest Redskins fan in the world but then tears them apart even when they are doing something right.

I believe that I am a very big Redskins fan. And I can be negative about the Redskins sometimes but I also can point out the positive. The only time slot I can truly listen to is the Junkies. Other than that I can't stand any other time slots on The Fan.

This is one reason I like not living in the market. I'd have to go out of my way to find either of these shows. I listen to recaps on Mondays after games on the radio, but otherwise, I don't care much about any of them. I'd rather listen to O&A :)

I have only heard bits and pieces of Kevin and Rock but from what I have heard I really like. I agree with you about L.A. and C.D. No matter what your opinion is they shoot it down if it doesn't agree with theirs and you are wrong. I hate that C.D. acts like he is the biggest Redskins fan in the world but then tears them apart even when they are doing something right.

I like the Lavar and Dukes show and I dont really care if they dont like ES. Lavar made a comment yesterday something like "I dont like those people over there" and had no explanation why. Chad didn't say anything negative, so who cares really? I listen to the show at work...As far as Kevin and Rock go...If you listen to the show for more than 10 minutes you will realize how much of a racist Rock is and how everything comes back to race with him. Its awful

I like the Lavar and Dukes show and I dont really care if they dont like ES. Lavar made a comment yesterday something like "I dont like those people over there" and had no explanation why. Chad didn't say anything negative, so who cares really? I listen to the show at work...As far as Kevin and Rock go...If you listen to the show for more than 10 minutes you will realize how much of a racist Rock is and how everything comes back to race with him. Its awful

So you don't mind the way "The Fan" treats the fans?

It isn't that they don't like ES. Hell, most of us don't like ES now and then. It's that they have a hatred for everything Redskins.

Its more so that its a bad, painful, lacking in facts show to listen to.

After the 3 months spent on Devin Thomas being cut, if anyone thinks they don't have an agenda...

I like the Lavar and Dukes show and I dont really care if they dont like ES.

The old "They aren't talking about me!" stance.

Chris Rock did a stand up about that, how girls dance to these ridiculous songs...

I think he referenced a song that he said, much more crudely, "Smack her with my male body part" and they're still dancing... And when you make a comment to them about it all the say is, "They ain't talkin' bout me!"

I finally pulled the plug on my 106.7 listening a few months ago. The Junkies have become borderline unlistenable, and Lavar and Dukes never were in the first place. I wish thousands more would do the same and send a message, but I doubt it will happen.

I finally pulled the plug on my 106.7 listening a few months ago. The Junkies have become borderline unlistenable, and Lavar and Dukes never were in the first place. I wish thousands more would do the same and send a message, but I doubt it will happen.

My big problem with the Junkies is just how many basic facts they get wrong. I go back and forth between them and M&M in the AM and its amazing how many simple things they simply don't know.

I think that is my number 1 requirement of sports radio...get your facts right. Which may be why The Sports Fix with Sheehan and Loverro is my favorite show because Sheehan is a damn DC sports encyclopedia

:applause:

Here's a message for CK, who's rumored to read these boards: When I hear Kev and Rock, I stop changing stations. When I hear LaVar and Dukes, I start changing stations.

yessir.....as i have sent emails and tweets and have yet to hear anything back from him.

But we were proven wrong as DT made a significant impact on all 2-3 teams he bounced around between in the last few weeks of the season!!

;)

LoL! Yeah just like how we brought in huge names like Larry Johnson and Willie Parker but then got cut before the season even started.

Oh yeah no team even picked them up after that.....

Almost no one that becomes the subject of their own thread in general would like this forum. Everyone gets shredded here. McNabb got destroyed. Shanahan, didn't take long. Dan Snyder has a 80 bagillion page thread about phone scamming. Players that leave this team are often immediately hated on. I can understand why people in the public eye wouldn't like ES or at least wouldn't like reading it.

Having said that, Kevin and Rock are great. They are by far the most entertaining show on 106.7

---------- Post added March-10th-2011 at 03:01 PM ----------

LoL! Yeah just like how we brought in huge names like Larry Johnson and Willie Parker but then got cut before the season even started.

Oh yeah no team even picked them up after that.....

Larry Johnson wasn't cut before the season started.

As far as Kevin and Rock go...If you listen to the show for more than 10 minutes you will realize how much of a racist Rock is and how everything comes back to race with him. Its awful

maybe you dont undstand the black and white portion of the show when they do it. black and white is done to make light of race, not make it the topic. im not saying you do, but some might take it too seriously, and not how it is intended. i am white and have never been offended by anything that is said on the show.

Almost no one that becomes the subject of their own thread in general would like this forum. Everyone gets shredded here. McNabb got destroyed. Shanahan, didn't take long. Dan Snyder has a 80 bagillion page thread about phone scamming. Players that leave this team are often immediately hated on. I can understand why people in the public eye wouldn't like ES or at least wouldn't like reading it.

Having said that, Kevin and Rock are great. They are by far the most entertaining show on 106.7

---------- Post added March-10th-2011 at 03:01 PM ----------

Larry Johnson wasn't cut before the season started.

You are correct. But you got the point...i hope. :)

Lavar and Chad are the most uneducated, annoying radio hosts on the air. I honestly can't tolerate more than 5 minutes of it. They claim to be Skins fans, but rip them left and right. It seems one of them has a long rant every segment. Their extremely rude to callers.

I'm in Cali trying to find a good Redskins show..any suggestions?

maybe you dont undstand the black and white portion of the show when they do it. black and white is done to make light of race' date=' not make it the topic. im not saying you do, but some might take it too seriously, and not how it is intended. i am white and have never been offended by anything that is said on the show.[/quote']

hahaha no, not at all. That portion of the show doesn't bother me at all...Its just Rock the dude makes everything racial. Its annoying.

Archived