Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

2 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

I don't understand why they would hold those tickets until this late though.  My thought is that someone didn't renew their tickets, or didn't pay by the time they had to so the team took them back. 

You wouldn't think it would make sense.

But... if years of running the system has told you that you're more likely to sell someone in august on a new account if you give them lower level, sideline tickets instead of upper level corner tickets... and that your upper level corner ticket people are more likely to retain their tickets even if they can't improve them....

i just don't put anything past this organization anymore. their sole driving factor is how to make an extra buck.

• Like 2

On 8/11/2016 at 11:57 AM, kevhow said:

Does anyone know anything about season ticket holders getting access to NFL Game Pass?  I emailed the ticket office and she said that we will be getting access, but they haven't gotten any Log In information from the NFL yet.  She said as soon as they get that, they'll email out the info to the season ticket holders.

Just curious... does anyone remember when this access was available in years past?  This is my first year as a season ticket holder.  I was hoping to have it before tonight's game, but that seems unlikely.  I'm in Delaware, so I can't watch the game on TV.

We don't get access to "Game Pass". Redskins season ticket holders get access to the NFL Redzone on your smartphone and NFL Game Rewind online and on demand as well as a Madden NFL card pack and subscription to ShopRunner for free 2 day shipping. We will be emailed in September with details.

• Like 1

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but did pre-season face value tickets drop this year?  Going to jets game and ticket says $64.90 (bought in secondary market).  Section 241, row 3.  Had season tickets for several years but had to give them up last year. :( I remember face value being higher for much worse seats. 

11 hours ago, CantonBound said:

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but did pre-season face value tickets drop this year?  Going to jets game and ticket says $64.90 (bought in secondary market).  Section 241, row 3.  Had season tickets for several years but had to give them up last year. :( I remember face value being higher for much worse seats. 

The redskins dropped the price of all pre-season tickets this year and then raised the regular season prices to compensate.   So to a season ticket holder we pay the same overall.   I think its an attempt to make us feel better that we still have to buy pre-season.

1 hour ago, Howie411 said:

The redskins dropped the price of all pre-season tickets this year and then raised the regular season prices to compensate.   So to a season ticket holder we pay the same overall.   I think its an attempt to make us feel better that we still have to buy pre-season.

Thanks, Howie - that's good to know.  Yea, I always used to wonder about the full price for pre-season tix...but knew they'd never reduce the overall $. :)

On 8/13/2016 at 5:08 PM, just654 said:

Sonny, NFL changed the name last year, it is now called NFL Game Pass

We still do not get access to Game Pass. Only what I listed in my message. I quoted directly from my letter from the Redskins. NFL Game Pass is not one of the things we get for being a season ticket holder. Also, NFL Game Pass began in 2008 for folks outside North America. It came to the US last year.

18 hours ago, kevhow said:

NFL Game Pass is listed on the Redskins Rewards website under Member Benefits. 

So after digging around on the NFL.com season ticket holder benefits site and NFL Game Pass site, it appears we may get "NFL Game Pass". But it is nothing more than NFL Game Rewind that we have had access to for a couple years now. Still no access to live regular season games. And even though NFL Game Pass now includes live preseason games, the Redskins / NFL have not given us any access to NFL Game Pass for free. One note said access codes would be emailed in September....that being after the preseason games. So call it whatever you want, Redskins season ticket holders are just getting NFL Rewind with a different name. Also, preseason games are not available live IF the game is being shown locally. And all preseason Redskins games are being show locally. I used the 7 day free trial to watch the Skins Falcons game because I live in PA. NFL marketing has just repackaged NFL Rewind with a new name, albeit a name used to market to the rest of the world.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, kevhow said:

I noticed they give you the option of reserving playoff tickets now at regular season prices.  Does anyone know how much more expensive the playoff tickets were last year?

Ours, for this years playoff game, will be $135.00 each, in section 236. That doesn't include parking or that joke of a "processing" fee.

23 hours ago, kevhow said:

I noticed they give you the option of reserving playoff tickets now at regular season prices.  Does anyone know how much more expensive the playoff tickets were last year?

You pay whatever your season ticket price is ....normally. The NFL and not the Redskins control playoff ticket prices. But when we have had playoff games at home, we have been charged the regular season ticket price. Theoretically, the NFL could increase the playoff ticket prices at the end of the season. Reserving now guarantees we pay just the season ticket price. Some of us have been charged service fees and some have not. Not sure why. May have been related to when we accepted being automatically charged for playoff tickets at the beginning of the season. I'd have to  check, but am pretty sure I did not get billed for the service fee this past year. I agreed at the beginning of the season to automatically being billed for playoff tickets before the regular season began. But then, maybe I am remembering wrong.....:ols:

• Like 2

...In 2015, pre-ordering was only for the tickets and allowed you to avoid the fee and lock in at the regular season price, BUT if you wanted a parking pass, then you had to order it and that came with a fee (yep, a $20 fee on a $40 item last year...........)

thank-you-sir-may-i-have-another.jpg?w=3

7 hours ago, SonnyandSam said:

You pay whatever your season ticket price is ....normally. The NFL and not the Redskins control playoff ticket prices. But when we have had playoff games at home, we have been charged the regular season ticket price. Theoretically, the NFL could increase the playoff ticket prices at the end of the season. Reserving now guarantees we pay just the season ticket price. Some of us have been charged service fees and some have not. Not sure why. May have been related to when we accepted being automatically charged for playoff tickets at the beginning of the season. I'd have to  check, but am pretty sure I did not get billed for the service fee this past year. I agreed at the beginning of the season to automatically being billed for playoff tickets before the regular season began. But then, maybe I am remembering wrong.....:ols:

We did the same thing.  If you bought a parking pass, you paid the service fee.  

1 hour ago, GOSKINS_08 said:

I'm a little confused about the playof ticket situation. It says you won't be changed until we clinch a playoff game or whatever but then says the balance due is $297 for the tickets.

Look a little more carefully at your account, when you check your invoice, on-line.

If you chose the "NFL POSTSEASON PAY AS WE PLAY" payment option, you'll see that the due date is 1/02/17 

Edited by Skinsfan1311

10 hours ago, turtle2328 said:

Nice of them to give a full 24 hours to take them up on the offer after I checked the box when buying the regular season.

Shouldn't that check box have taken care of this?

I did, and thought, the same thing. I recall checking the box for that option too.  That's kind of a head-scratcher. 

On a side-note, I heard on the radio, this morning, that at an average of $272.00, that we have the highest cost for attending a game. That price is for 2 tickets, parking, 2 hot dogs and 2 sodas.

Has anybody actually recieved the free NFL Game Pass promo code in their email? I just recieved another email from Bruce Allen mentioning this perk, but haven't gotten the promo code yet.

It's a pretty sweet deal. We get on-demand access to every NFL game this season, usually available just minutes after they end. Without the promo code it costs $99. We're also supposed to get live access to NFL Redzone on Sunday's.

18 minutes ago, mojo_1979 said:

Has anybody actually recieved the free NFL Game Pass promo code in their email? I just recieved another email from Bruce Allen mentioning this perk, but haven't gotten the promo code yet.

I called the ticket office to find out when we will get the code. Ticket Office told me by the end of the week. So my guess is sometime next week..lol

9 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

On a side-note, I heard on the radio, this morning, that at an average of $272.00, that we have the highest cost for attending a game. That price is for 2 tickets, parking, 2 hot dogs and 2 sodas.

Below is the link to what is mentioned above:

https://www.gobankingrates.com/personal-finance/ranked-expensive-stadiums-nfl-fans-watch-football-game/?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=hpuc2&utm_campaign=mostleastexpensivenfl_0906

I'm always dubious about these studies because you don't know how current the info is or what they base the cost on.  The average ticket price of $87 at FedEx even seems a bit low to me, especially since they've removed a lot of lower cost seats from the upper deck in recent years and also because of the "flex pricing" that makes the regular season games more. Of course, if they figure the SRO upper deck areas and 200 level OV areas into the equation, that could drive the average price down.

Also, they have parking at $57.50.  How do they arrive at that, since almost all of the spots at FedEx are $50?  Do they average in the few $100 spots? And I've often seen it cited, including this study, that normal parking at AT&T Stadium is $75.  Is that really true?

22 hours ago, turtle2328 said:

Nice of them to give a full 24 hours to take them up on the offer after I checked the box when buying the regular season.

Shouldn't that check box have taken care of this?

I did, and thought, the same thing. I recall checking the box for that option too.  That's kind of a head-scratcher. 

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

Below is the link to what is mentioned above:

https://www.gobankingrates.com/personal-finance/ranked-expensive-stadiums-nfl-fans-watch-football-game/?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=hpuc2&utm_campaign=mostleastexpensivenfl_0906

I'm always dubious about these studies because you don't know how current the info is or what they base the cost on.  The average ticket price of $87 at FedEx even seems a bit low to me, especially since they've removed a lot of lower cost seats from the upper deck in recent years and also because of the "flex pricing" that makes the regular season games more. Of course, if they figure the SRO upper deck areas and 200 level OV areas into the equation, that could drive the average price down.

Also, they have parking at $57.50.  How do they arrive at that, since almost all of the spots at FedEx are $50?  Do they average in the few $100 spots? And I've often seen it cited, including this study, that normal parking at AT&T Stadium is $75.  Is that really true?

It's numbers.

Whoever writes the article skews them however they want, IMHO.

I wonder if they take other the cost PSL's, when they figure the cost of attending other teams games?  Maybe they consider that a "sunken" cost?