Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Maybe we are due for some good upgrades again this year! Last year after the seats disappeared from my invoice it took a week or so to repopulate with the upgraded seat assignment.

Edited by bryantlc

I'm in row 4 upper level and my seats are missing as well. Does anyone remember from last year how long they disappear before the new seat assignment is released/posted? I know they may or may not be calling confirming the price increase before assignment but I'm just curious. Interesting you've gotten the word from Row 14. I know there were some decent jumps from last year (first 10 rows or so) but I'm not sure anyone went from 14 to LL. That does make me wonder a lot about the number of paid in full renewals.

I think it was just a few days last year. But my seats have been missing for 8 days now. I know how the system works but even I am getting a little concerned. But the fact that so many others are seeing the same thing missing tells me it is just the normal upgrade process. I even complained about the lack of even a note on our invoices saying the auto upgrade process was going on and seats assignments would be announced shortly to a contact I have with the Skins. I think he is going to look into it. It's like everything the Skins do, they don't keep the STHs informed of what is happening and then wonder why there is a firestorm to put out.....witness what has happenedw with the removal of the end zone seats. A simple letter to potentially affected STHs would have prevented the most recent firestorm.

Last year I was called on April 29 to verify I was still willing to pay the higher price of LL tickets but did not know my seat location until late May I believe. The TO seems to be 2-3 weeks behind their schedule from last year.

I'm in row 4 upper level and my seats are missing as well. Does anyone remember from last year how long they disappear before the new seat assignment is released/posted? I know they may or may not be calling confirming the price increase before assignment but I'm just curious. Interesting you've gotten the word from Row 14. I know there were some decent jumps from last year (first 10 rows or so) but I'm not sure anyone went from 14 to LL. That does make me wonder a lot about the number of paid in full renewals.

Are you on the sideline or endzone? I haven't seen any posts yet from the lower level indicating that anyone has heard what seats they are getting. We didn't see upper level upgrades until after the lower level completed. By then the lower level ticket holders were reporting back their new seat assignments. I'm not convinced we can use last year as a model.

I'm in section 423, row 17. The auto upgrade I asked for was to the LL. I said I didn't want to be moved lower in my section. I figured I'd only get a few rows and I didn't think that would be worth it. I turned down that upgrade last year. But, now I'm wondering if this means I have pretty much no shot at LL seats. My seats still show in my online account, so I'm guessing they are only upgrading the first 15 rows right now.

Well, it sounds like the TO has been told to work with you folks losing your seat now that the cat is out of the bag. That is a good thing for you if you want to work with them to continue having season tickets. And its only fair they make sure you are happy. They ARE taking away your seats without even asking or letting you know until the **** hit the fan. Why the Redskins cannot figure out that you cannot keep secrets in the internet age is beyond me. They keep doing stupid and embarrassing things. They should have sent a letter to each end zone seat holder before removing seats and simply said "because of new stadium improvements, your seats may be removed" and then say how they were going to satisfy you. Just when you think they are improviing, they do stupid **** like this.
Adam, walk them to the alter just for ***** and giggles. Demand a seat assigment before you agree to pay. Obviously you don't have to pay in the end, but do bargain w/ them for the sake of this thread.

I was offered endzone seats, nothing more specific then that. Gray parking pass was also offered, no budging on anything else (kept using the auto upgrade and saying "If you keep tickets you are guarenteed to move up and get better seats/parking in no time"

What section did they offer you? Did you have to get clubs first? Did you take it? Never heard of a move from the UL endzone to LL sideline before.
Say what?! Was the offer for OV/POV?
If I do not upgrade this year I will try that next year. If I do not get an offer I will be OK. I had a good run. 6 years with tickets. And no more $2500credit card bills to pay.
Nothing against you personally, but I just don't believe this.

I can certainly see the TO dangling parking passes, free concert tickets, and maybe decent upgrades on the level of 15 rows down in section or maybe LL end zone. As someone who paid in full in February and for the past couple years has simply been asking to be moved from UL end zone to UL sideline, I am a little irked by these offers to holdouts. Still, I understand they are trying to fill seats.

But for a holdout to be rewarded with a move from UL end zone to LL sideline??? Outrageous. There's no way.

tshile is not correct. The TO has started the auto upgrade process. It started a week ago. Many of us with seats in the lower level 100 section have seen our seats disappear from our 2011 invoice. This happened last year as people were being upgraded. The TO works its way around the 100 level, then the 200 level. Your preference will be taken into account. Last year, I sat in section 424, goal line visitor side. I asked the TO to put a note on my account that if I were ever upgraded to the lower level, I wanted to be placed as near to the home side as possible. And that happened. In fact, most of the messages last year were people being placed in the center of the endzone or nearer to the visitor side. I was placed in section 109 near the Redskins tunnel.

Give it a few weeks.....they'll get to you. It does take time and the season if it ever starts is still several months away.

Oh...I would guess there are fewer upgrade options for 200 level folks. The rules are they move you closer to the 50 yard line approximately near the row you are coming from. Since there are fewer seats in the 200 sections, there may also be less turnover. I'm just trying to apply some logic; don't know if this truly is the case.

First lets get a few things clear:

1- this was back in april. I may be remembering some details incorrectly. I believe it was sideline (not like 50 yard line), but i may be mistaken. It was definitely lower level.

2- the justification for the offer was 'you've been a season ticket holder with us for a long time'. this is absolutely true. about 50 years (they were passed to me from my grandfather).

3- I knew i couldn't afford lower level at this time, told him that, so no more details were discussed. So no, no offer was made based on buying club level (that very well may have been where he was headed with the offer, we didn't get that far), and no specific section was mentioned

4- my comment on the auto upgrade process was directed at upper level, and based on my previous comments and that time frame. As of the Monday following the draft weeekend (when they called me), i know the auto upgrade process (for at least the upper level...) had not been started. He specifically told me he was calling me because he wanted to get me to renew BEFORE it started. If it has started since, I would not know. I was simply stating that with the context of that specific time frame.

So, thats to sum up the story. Hopefully I addressed the issues. I took the parking offer because I wanted parking anyways (cash parking has become a mess for me since my favorite spot has closed), and it was cheaper.

I think the ticket office is in over there heads with the drastic reduction of seats being removed from the upper endzones and deciding where to relocate those whose seats are no longer there. I dont see them getting it all completed in time this year and as far as upgrading everyone and then having that info ready in to send to the print company to print the tickets. We all may just the generic printed tickets from the Redskins ticket office, especially since we dont even know when and if a season is going ti start on time. The paid portion of my ticket office has been removed for about a month now and no one who has tickets has even heard of any ticket upgrades anywhere?

First lets get a few things clear:

1- this was back in april. I may be remembering some details incorrectly. I believe it was sideline (not like 50 yard line), but i may be mistaken. It was definitely lower level.

2- the justification for the offer was 'you've been a season ticket holder with us for a long time'. this is absolutely true. about 50 years (they were passed to me from my grandfather).

3- I knew i couldn't afford lower level at this time, told him that, so no more details were discussed. So no, no offer was made based on buying club level (that very well may have been where he was headed with the offer, we didn't get that far), and no specific section was mentioned

4- my comment on the auto upgrade process was directed at upper level, and based on my previous comments and that time frame. As of the Monday following the draft weeekend (when they called me), i know the auto upgrade process (for at least the upper level...) had not been started. He specifically told me he was calling me because he wanted to get me to renew BEFORE it started. If it has started since, I would not know. I was simply stating that with the context of that specific time frame.

So, thats to sum up the story. Hopefully I addressed the issues. I took the parking offer because I wanted parking anyways (cash parking has become a mess for me since my favorite spot has closed), and it was cheaper.

Well that explains it. Someone last year got upgraded to the LL because they had been very long STHs...something like 30-40 years and had never been upgraded at FedEx Field. The agent was probably trying to correct a past wrong for a family that had been "in the family" for a very long time. I understand that type of upgrade offer in very limited circumstances.

---------- Post added June-8th-2011 at 01:18 PM ----------

I think the ticket office is in over there heads with the drastic reduction of seats being removed from the upper endzones and deciding where to relocate those whose seats are no longer there. I dont see them getting it all completed in time this year and as far as upgrading everyone and then having that info ready in to send to the print company to print the tickets. We all may just the generic printed tickets from the Redskins ticket office, especially since we dont even know when and if a season is going ti start on time. The paid portion of my ticket office has been removed for about a month now and no one who has tickets has even heard of any ticket upgrades anywhere?

On what basis do you make that assertion? they are already done with the lower level upgrades because they have started on the upper level. They have lots of time to make this happen. In fact, the process may be easier than last year if it is true they are not offering tickets to people on the wait list. Calling and signing up new STHs on the wait list is very time consuming. The agents can use all that time to move existing STHs around; a much less time consuming process with their new software they installed last year.

copy paste from the thread about the section removal:

I'm posting an update. I'll post it in the general season ticket thread as well.

Tony Whylie, VP of Public Relations just called me about when i was on the radio with Chad and Danny on Monday. I explained my story to him, and why it frusted me. He listened and then discussed the matter with me about why things went the way they did.

He's going to see what he can do to get my ticket account reinstated. He was a very nice guy, and I'm honestly shocked he actually called me.

I wanted to post the update, because of the amount of complaining I've been doing since this happened in april. Personally, I'm very pleased with the conversation.

I know some people will think i'm dumb for trying to get the tickets back, but we have a good time and I don't mind being a season ticket holder. That was just an unacceptable way to deal with things for me, and I lost it.

As for you guys concerned about upgrades he did mention that they were in the middle of getting seat relocations (from the removal of seats, as well as the auto upgrade process) going. So i wouldn't be freaked out if you haven't heard/seen anything yet, they're still in the middle of it.

Edited by tshile

copy paste from the thread about the section removal:

I'm posting an update. I'll post it in the general season ticket thread as well.

Tony Whylie, VP of Public Relations just called me about when i was on the radio with Chad and Danny on Monday. I explained my story to him, and why it frusted me. He listened and then discussed the matter with me about why things went the way they did.

He's going to see what he can do to get my ticket account reinstated. He was a very nice guy, and I'm honestly shocked he actually called me.

I wanted to post the update, because of the amount of complaining I've been doing since this happened in april. Personally, I'm very pleased with the conversation.

I know some people will think i'm dumb for trying to get the tickets back, but we have a good time and I don't mind being a season ticket holder. That was just an unacceptable way to deal with things for me, and I lost it.

As for you guys concerned about upgrades he did mention that they were in the middle of getting seat relocations (from the removal of seats, as well as the auto upgrade process) going. So i wouldn't be freaked out if you haven't heard/seen anything yet, they're still in the middle of it.

that is awesome! Good for you.

I think you went a bit overboard (I must admit I only read the article and I have not followed your posts) but I also see where if I were in your shoes I would have been furious as well.

Best of luck, and please keep us updated!

Got a call today from the ticket office about parking passes. Jeff Ritter I believe the name was? I didn't call back being I just got home a little while ago and I assume they would be closed. This is my first year as a season ticket owner and I was wondering if anyone knew why they might be calling me. Obviously I should only be given gray parking. Are they opening another lot (being Copper is closed) and I'm being given the option to choose?

Just curious if anyone has ever been called by him or anything. I'll find out tomorrow and let everyone know what happens.

no idea what they could be calling about. I believe all of the GA parking passes are the same price, so even if they were upgrading you i would imagine they'd do it without asking... it's not like it costs more.

Just call him back. If you call a few minutes after 8 am you'll get right through.

Got a call today from the ticket office about parking passes. Jeff Ritter I believe the name was? I didn't call back being I just got home a little while ago and I assume they would be closed. This is my first year as a season ticket owner and I was wondering if anyone knew why they might be calling me. Obviously I should only be given gray parking. Are they opening another lot (being Copper is closed) and I'm being given the option to choose?

Just curious if anyone has ever been called by him or anything. I'll find out tomorrow and let everyone know what happens.

maybe they have a special deal if you wanted to upgrade to "orange" parking... :-)

There is one reason...

if they wanted to check to make sure that putting you in a different parking lot wouldn't screw up your tailgating plans with friends/family.

they should make a call like that. i know things are changing over there, but i'd be completely shocked if they have changed that much...

So I just got the following email:

Dear XXXXXXX

Great news! We have begun our annual Auto Upgrade relocation process for our General Admission season ticket holders. You may be eligible for an upgrade to the lower level; however, quantities are limited and assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please contact the Redskins Ticket Office immediately at 301-276-6033.

We appreciate your prompt attention to this important matter.

Hail to the Redskins!!!

I call wait on hold 15 minutes and it transfers me to voice mail. Call back wait another 15 minutes and it transfers me to VM again. I left a message, I doubt they will call back though.

Edited by Howie411

So I just got the following email:

Dear XXXXXXX

Great news! We have begun our annual Auto Upgrade relocation process for our General Admission season ticket holders. You may be eligible for an upgrade to the lower level; however, quantities are limited and assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please contact the Redskins Ticket Office immediately at 301-276-6033.

We appreciate your prompt attention to this important matter.

Hail to the Redskins!!!

I call wait on hold 15 minutes and it transfers me to voice mail. Call back wait another 15 minutes and it transfers me to VM again. I left a message, I doubt they will call back though.

Congratulations...although I don't understand why this is happening...what happened to seniority and moving people down who were in the lowest rows in the UL first?

My advice....also send an email to them saying you accept and give permission to charge your CC....all seats cost the same on the lower level. And tell them any seat preferences you may have.

And keep calling until you get through.....good luck

I got the same email, I called and I got upgraded!

It was a bout a 12 minute wait but once I got through the guy offered lower level seats (Endzone). I was in Section 426, row 22.

No club level offer or anything, straight-up upgrade, just have to pay the difference.

On top of that I was upgraded from gray to green parking.

I'm excited.

I was also just upgraded. I was section 423, row 17.

---------- Post added June-9th-2011 at 04:49 PM ----------

And keep calling until you get through.....good luck

The first time I called, I was put through to vmail after about 10 minutes. I left a vmail and then called back and got to talk to someone after another 10 minute wait.

this is the exact stuff that ticks off season ticket holders! no care for seniority what so ever. how are those in the upper level hearing about upgrades and getting upgrades when folks in the lower level haven't heard anything. I've called several times every month and get the runaround. they better keep removing more seats from the stadium because they are never gonna fill it treating loyal customers this way

I would like to think some of us up there are seniority.

Ive been in 442 since 1999. I just got upgraded to the 100s also. 4 tickets and 2 green passes.

I mean, they pulled my seats out. I was getting upgraded no matter what.

I've only had the tickets for one season, this is my second season and I was upgraded. I don't know how that works but I'm not complaining

edit: I just got a call and the green lot was full so I'm back to waiting list for that, the LL seats aren't affected however

Edited by joeval83
Got a call from TO office