Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

I'm a first year season ticket holder and I bought 2 tickets at the $484 price point (top half of the endzone). I paid in full in January. Around what row should I expect to be placed?

That's a tough question to answer. A couple years ago, you would have been in the top five rows of the stadium. But with the economy and now the lockout, the Redskins are having difficulty selling season tickets. In another thread, someone has noted that the Skins just started offering fan zone passes for a single game because a "limited number of season tickets" are still available. The fact that they are advertising tickets still available and offering a signup inducement tells me that "limited number" probably means "we still got a lot of tickets left to sell".

You bought the cheapest tickets so you will be above row 15 but lower than 28. Anything below 15 would cost you more money. Just an FYI, there is a huge difference in how close the field and players are if you move below 15 compared to being 10-15 rows higher. The upper deck is very steep.

Welcome to the show! It is a lot of fun to attend games in person....of course, it is a lot more fun leaving the game if the Skins ever win. :D You have a pretty long trip from Norfolk. Traffic on 95 above Quantico gets quite heavy and slow on game days. Consider arriving early to tailgate and using the Eastern Shore route to avoid some of the traffic.

---------- Post added April-22nd-2011 at 03:56 PM ----------

I'm a first year season ticket holder and I bought 2 tickets at the $484 price point (top half of the endzone). I paid in full in January. Around what row should I expect to be placed?

That's a tough question to answer. A couple years ago, you would have been in the top five rows of the stadium. But with the economy and now the lockout, the Redskins are having difficulty selling season tickets. In another thread, someone has noted that the Skins just started offering fan zone passes for a single game because a "limited number of season tickets" are still available. The fact that they are advertising tickets still available and offering a signup inducement tells me that "limited number" probably means "we still got a lot of tickets left to sell".

You bought the cheapest tickets so you will be above row 15 but lower than 28. Anything below 15 would cost you more money. Just an FYI, there is a huge difference in how close the field and players are if you move below 15 compared to being 10-15 rows higher. The upper deck is very steep.

Welcome to the show! It is a lot of fun to attend games in person....of course, it is a lot more fun leaving the game if the Skins ever win. :D You have a pretty long trip from Norfolk. Traffic on 95 above Quantico gets quite heavy and slow on game days. Consider arriving early to tailgate and using the Eastern Shore route to avoid some of the traffic.

You bought the cheapest tickets so you will be above row 15 but lower than 28. ....

How do you figure he'll be below row 28?

---------- Post added April-22nd-2011 at 06:05 PM ----------

You bought the cheapest tickets so you will be above row 15 but lower than 28. ....

How do you figure he'll be below row 28?

• 2 weeks later...

just wanted to post an update.

just got off the phone with my rep, he called me. said they were 'offering incentives' to get people to renew.

he offered me green parking, allowing me to bypass the grey/copper/field lots. i took it because i always wanted parking, but wasn't willing to to pay for the field lots to wait years to get into the green lots.

also told me they could still upgrade me. he said, specifically, that they had just finished the auto-upgrades for the lower bowl and were getting ready to work on the upper level upgrades, hence the call. i guess they'll be contacting all the upper level people to confirm tickets before they run the process.

it sounded like he could still get me into the lower level if i wanted, but i don't want to change my ticket prices at this point so we didn't discuss it further.

looks like not paying the tickets on time paid off... i got into the green lot without waiting, which is what i wanted.

HAH! Apparently YOU have not been reading the STH threads from last year.:D Things changed last year and the few reports we have so far this year is that the TO IS applying a consistent policy on GA tickets this year. You are relying on two year old and older information.

As many on this board found out last year, I was part of the large group of STHs who were upgraded from the upper deck to the lower level for the first time in memory without being forced to buy premium tickets, or the Touchdown Club or the Tailgate tickets. It happened to a lot of us last year; so yes, the TO did change last year. Lots of people got upgraded and it was done in a reasonable and rational manner.

You are living in the past. If you want to stay at the top of the stadium, fine. And you are right; You can buy tickets at or below face on the aftermarket. If you are happy with that, great. IF the Skins ever return to the playoffs consistently (and maybe they won't), those aftermarket tickets will become more scarce and be more costly. As the cost of attending NFL or any other professional sport game rises, buying aftermarket tickets, even if more costly for that particular game, is more cost effective than buying season tickets. Just look at what is happening to MLB the past two seasons. But as a fan, if you want season tickets, and the ability to get better seats each year, you have to play by the rules. I am just happy the Skins TO is finally playing by a consistent set of rules again.

Will people (including former STHs) be able to buy tickets again in the future months? Probably; between the lockout and the economy, a lot of people are not willing to risk their $. And I don't care as long as they are put to the back of the line and have to settle for the least attractive seats in FedEx because they refused to pay on time. That is simply the way it should be.

If the Skins start down the slippery slope of making deals with those of you who do not follow the rules, then those of us who followed the rules will become disenchanted again and stop buying tickets. It puts the Skins in the vicious circle they created 5-8 years ago and stopped last year..

read my update.

am i really living in the past? i could have upgraded to the lower level, and decided not to. i was allowed to jump the parking line straight into the green lot.

now, my account has been open with the redskins since the 50's. he mentioned that, and implied that they wanted to get me to keep them. i firmly believe that it had more to do with them just filling the seats, as i imagine between the economy and the lockout it's difficult. i'm sure they're offering the same deal to everyone in the upper level they call today, until the green slots and the lower level is full. i'm probably am near the top of the call list, since they probably ordered it by account number (the longer the account is open, the lower the account number).

i've never missed the deadline. I didn't do it this time to get a deal, i did it because I changed jobs and am helping start a company - I didn' tknow what my salary would be for the last month and a half, so didn't want to commit to the tickets. For the last few years I've been pretty upset that others got deals by not following the rules. It was nice to finally get a deal myself - although it wasn't really a big deal, just something nice.

Never the less, it paid off...

Edited by tshile

At draft day I went and visited the ticket office. I tried to negotiate and upgrade on the spot but they held firm, unlike last year. My seats are already pretty decent(235), so maybe that has something to do with it also. My seats were not paid for, but they did accept my payment and promise to include me in the auto upgrade. Two members of ES who are account holders with just 2 tickets were able to add green parking to their accounts. Neither had any parking before, so it was a leap straight to green.

Edited by HOF44

At draft day I went and visited the ticket office. I tried to negotiate and upgrade on the spot but they held firm, unlike last year. My seats are already pretty decent(235), so maybe that has something to do with it also. My seats were not paid for, but they did accept my payment and promise to include me in the auto upgrade. Two members of ES who are account holders with just 2 tickets were able to add green parking to their accounts. Neither had any parking before, so it was a leap straight to green.

yeah, thats what they just offered me over the phone.

so, its what i thought. standard offer to try to get people to renew.

sucks for the people sitting in the field lots, waiting to get bumped to the green lots. exactly the reason i didn't want those parking passes. once they get you in that group they don't have to move you up untnil they want to.

yeah, thats what they just offered me over the phone.

so, its what i thought. standard offer to try to get people to renew.

sucks for the people sitting in the field lots, waiting to get bumped to the green lots. exactly the reason i didn't want those parking passes. once they get you in that group they don't have to move you up untnil they want to.

Of the two people I know that received the green passes one had paid already, one had not.

---------- Post added May-2nd-2011 at 10:32 AM ----------

Can't wait to read the S storm from people who are relocated from these seats.

[ATTACH]45345[/ATTACH]

I wonder how these will be distributed. Will they be sold for like $20 bucks each, will they be given to suite owners as a perk to give out??? Anyone have any clues??

I wonder how these will be distributed. Will they be sold for like $20 bucks each, will they be given to suite owners as a perk to give out??? Anyone have any clues??

That sounds like a good guess. A club seat TO rep said that a "major announcment" will be made in the upcoming weeks.

I'm thinking some SRO decks, maybe some new seats w/ table tops in between, some advertisment signs or electronic info boards, maybe a Redskins legends tribute.

Can't wait to read the S storm from people who are relocated from these seats.

[ATTACH]45345[/ATTACH]

I don't think there will be that much of an issue as long as those moved are moved to upgrades seats; i.e lower or to the sidelines. But I would have thought we would have heard from someone with seats in those sections. Wouldn't you think the Skins TO would have contacted those seat holders, especially those above row 15 to advise them that they would be moved and possible to more expensive seats?

Frankly, the bigger issue is the loss of so many seats over the last two years in club seats and now GA seats sends a clear message that there is no waiting list any more and that the Skins are having great difficulty selling tickets. Good for some of us but very bad news for Danny Snyder and the Redskins.

I suppose it provides a lower price point for attracting fans but you just know all those standing room party drunks are going to try to take "empty" seats in the upper and lower bowl. We had at least three fights near my seats in the lower bowl cause by people taking seats belonging to someone else who had the tickets to those seats. In one game last year, I watched a guy move 3 times (once directly in front of me) with his girlfriend. In his case, he always left quiety without any fight erupting but each time he just moved down lower until the seat owners came back from food/beer/bathroom.

I suppose it provides a lower price point for attracting fans but you just know all those standing room party drunks are going to try to take "empty" seats in the upper and lower bowl. We had at least three fights near my seats in the lower bowl cause by people taking seats belonging to someone else who had the tickets to those seats. In one game last year, I watched a guy move 3 times (once directly in front of me) with his girlfriend. In his case, he always left quiety without any fight erupting but each time he just moved down lower until the seat owners came back from food/beer/bathroom.

A couple drunks parked themselves in front of me in the first row of 413 last year during the TB game. They were there for half a quarter being annoying before a guy and his young son came back to claim the seats. The dad had the tickets in his hands and said "excuse me sir, I think you're in our seats" to which one of the drunks told him to "blow it out your ***". Real classy. Me and someone else at the end of the row immediately signaled for the usher, who got the guys to leave without incident.

I don't know if the drunks were from the standing room. I just figured they were sitting higher up in the 400s and didn't feel like taking the stairs.

I would have thought we would have heard from someone with seats in those sections. Wouldn't you think the Skins TO would have contacted those seat holders.

If you'll remember last year, club patrons with upper row endzone seats weren't notified of relocation until summer.

You'd think that no one in the upper deck endzones would have a gripe with relo due to improved seat locations for seemingly everybody, but there's always someone with a problem. People who have top row seats and like to stand all game banging on the signs might be the type to disapprove of relo.

It will be interesting to watch how they handle this. I'm thrilled they are finally reducing, bc I think less will mean more. I've been hopeful for a seating reduction for a long time now.

Also, this could prove my theory of the TO checker boarding the unsold seat vacancies throughout the upper level in recent years, rather than clustering them in the endzones like most stadiums that fail to sellout.

I have lower level seats. I logged in to my account online and my seats have not moved. I guess I did not get relocated this year.

I'd wait until there's confirmation that others have been upgraded, and that they see that upgrade in their online account before coming to that conclusion.

I have lower level seats. I logged in to my account online and my seats have not moved. I guess I did not get relocated this year.

I don't believe they have even started the auto upgrade process. They start with the lower level first working around the bowl towards the 50. Then they move to the upper bowl.

They have to put all those season ticket holders somewhere! Will they be given preferential treatment and upgraded to superior seats prior to the upgrade process beginning? If so I wonder how many sections over they will be moved? There's a price jump to consider as well. Some of us who were hoping to get relocated another section towards the 50 could end up on the short end of the stick.

Just got an email confirming my free 400 level Kenny Chesney tix. There's an option to upgrade to lower or club levels for a discounted rate below cost.

I preffed the MD/ND game and then soccer, but the email claims those games have been "oversold". Translation: Kenny Chesny is selling the least.

Beggers can't be choosers. I'm not gonna complain.

---------- Post added May-2nd-2011 at 08:55 PM ----------

OBTW, the email states that a parking pass and shipping are included for free.

Woah woah woah, someone explain what's going on with those UL or any rumors they've heard? Is that at both endzones or just on the 416 side?

Read a thread on another board which indicated that there will be party decks in the uppers (as TK reported in an ES thread) at both ends of the stadium. Its weird that it doesn't appear that they've started one side yet.....maybe they'll wait until after the Chesney concert, I dunno.

There's been a good number of times where people have told me they like sitting in the end zone due to the ability to watch the play develop, so I would imagine there would be some that would not be happy with this.

Oh okay, makes sense for sure. I actually sat in 416 for one season when I had bought season tickets and actually enjoyed seeing the plays develop as you said. I actually thought about buying Rows 1-15 in the endzone when I was given the chance to buy season tickets for that exact reason, but decided to go with 1-15 on the sidelines, glad I made that decision now.

Hopefully this will cause less fans to show up of the opposing teams even in the bad seasons along with allowing our fans to make more noise.

Do you have a link to that thread by chance hail?

Edited by B55Green

Read a thread on another board which indicated that there will be party decks in the uppers (as TK reported in an ES thread) at both ends of the stadium. Its weird that it doesn't appear that they've started one side yet.....maybe they'll wait until after the Chesney concert, I dunno.

There's been a good number of times where people have told me they like sitting in the end zone due to the ability to watch the play develop, so I would imagine there would be some that would not be happy with this.

From the pictures posted by others, it looks like the first 10-15 rows will continue to have seats. So end zone folks still have seats if that is what they prefer.

Man, if they are going to do both endzones, that is one heck of a lot of seats to remove....and a lot less revenue for Danny.

Man, if they are going to do both endzones, that is one heck of a lot of seats to remove....and a lot less revenue for Danny.

How would he be lessening his revenue stream if the seats are unsold to STHs?

Aside from the Dallas game last year when everyone and their mother was afforded a chance to buy extra tix from the TO, when else would those seats sell?