Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Does anybody know how the lockout is affecting payment deadlines for season ticket renewals? Basically I signed up to pay in the three installments -- March 1, April 1, May 1 -- and made the March 1 payment, but I'd rather not pay another dime until they get the CBA resolved. Not really interested in giving Snyder a tax-free, interest free loan of several thousand dollars of my money.

Too late now. When you signed up you authorized the Redskins to charge your credit/debit card on the first of March, April and May. And STH have been giving Dan Snyder and the other football teams 6 months of interest free loans forever. Only good thing for you/us is that the Redskins have agreed to refund $ for any games missed.No word on when that money comes back to us, however. If you were going to hold out, you should have held out before you agreed to the 3 month payment plan.

Seaon tickets were in my family for 45 years and then they came to me in 2006. I declined because I live in York, PA. I keep getting offers to get them, but 1:45 minutes to go to 10 games is riddiculous. When I attend a 1 pm game I don't get home till 7pm. If it's a 4pm start I get home at 10 pm. I go to 1 to 2 games a year. Last year I went to the Texans and Giants games. I can;t stand Fed EX field. Too big, not noisy enough. RKF was 100% better.

Someone told me that they were offered season tickets, but declined only to be told they could get them again if they called back......really confused about that? I'm assuming they misheard and they were talking about Club Level rather than GA. The last time we were offered season tickets was when Fedex Field opened, but the family couldn't afford them then, we were then just contacted last year.

Anyone have any info on that or have heard anything along that line?

Add me to the renewal group. I'm hoping that the season is shortened, at least one game. We've won two of our four Superbowl’s during the previous two shortened seasons. Move you’re token’s to go and collect another Superbowl.

Seaon tickets were in my family for 45 years and then they came to me in 2006. I declined because I live in York, PA. I keep getting offers to get them, but 1:45 minutes to go to 10 games is riddiculous. When I attend a 1 pm game I don't get home till 7pm. If it's a 4pm start I get home at 10 pm. I go to 1 to 2 games a year. Last year I went to the Texans and Giants games. I can;t stand Fed EX field. Too big, not noisy enough. RKF was 100% better.

York, PA? Heck I travel from Harrisburg and know people who drive 5-6 hours or more to games. IF you had been to the Dallas game this year, you would have had no complaints about loudness. When the team plays well, the fans can get loud. Trouble is we have been mediocre for far too long.

I was at many RFK games and FedEx can be as loud or louder when the team is being competive. Winning brings out the loudness in all fans. And as for RFK being better, we have had that debate in other threads. But folks quickly forget what a pit RFK was and still is....but it was our lovable pit when the team was winning year after year.

York, PA? Heck I travel from Harrisburg and know people who drive 5-6 hours or more to games. IF you had been to the Dallas game this year, you would have had no complaints about loudness. When the team plays well, the fans can get loud. Trouble is we have been mediocre for far too long.

I was at many RFK games and FedEx can be as loud or louder when the team is being competive. Winning brings out the loudness in all fans. And as for RFK being better, we have had that debate in other threads. But folks quickly forget what a pit RFK was and still is....but it was our lovable pit when the team was winning year after year.

Yeah, York doesn't seem like much of a distance to me either. My wife and I used to come in for every home game from Scranton, PA until we moved down to the DC area.

As to the thread topic, we renewed using the three payment option.

Yeah, York doesn't seem like much of a distance to me either. My wife and I used to come in for every home game from Scranton, PA until we moved down to the DC area.

I renewed and I live over 1,000 miles away! Of course, I can't make it to every game, but I can't believe folks would complain about a 90 minute drive :-)

Would be nice if our organization would have such good judgment.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/16/giants-wont-ask-for-money-from-season-ticket-holders-until-lockout-ends/

"There’s a reason why the Mara and Tisch families are so beloved by Giants fans. They get it. They are also in good enough financial standing to take a step that no other NFL team we know of has taken this offseason.

Speaking with Mike Francessa on WFAN Wednesday, owner John Mara says that Giants season ticket holders won’t have to pay any money to them until there is a new collective bargaining agreement. In addition, Mike Garafolo of the Newark Star-Ledger reports the Giants won’t raise ticket prices this year."

Would be nice if our organization would have such good judgment.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/16/giants-wont-ask-for-money-from-season-ticket-holders-until-lockout-ends/

"There’s a reason why the Mara and Tisch families are so beloved by Giants fans. They get it. They are also in good enough financial standing to take a step that no other NFL team we know of has taken this offseason.

Speaking with Mike Francessa on WFAN Wednesday, owner John Mara says that Giants season ticket holders won’t have to pay any money to them until there is a new collective bargaining agreement. In addition, Mike Garafolo of the Newark Star-Ledger reports the Giants won’t raise ticket prices this year."

Gee, it must be nice to be able to offer that, having just received PSL commitments last year for 65,000 seats that totaled in excess of $10M. See, the fans are paying PSLs in the New Meadowlands. Most have yearly payments to make for at least the next 10 years. Because of this, the Giants have guaranteed income coming in without ticket payments.

My time came on the waiting list for season tickets last year and I have not purchased. The ticket office usually calls me about once a month to see if I will buy. Today, they called my wifes cell phone looking for me. I have NEVER given them that number. Anybody know how they would have gotten that?? I know Danny boy has endless money but is he spending it to do phone searches on potential ticket buyers?

Whenever and however they feel like it. There's no rhyme, reason, process or order to how the ticket office does anything, that's the bottom line.

That is the way it used to be. It changed last year. The TO was actually pretty on top of everything last year. We heard relatively few complaints. Read back on some of mine and other posts on how things went last year.

Edited by SonnyandSam

I was looking at my Account Manager section on the website for my season ticket invoice that I paid already. The ticket office took everything off of there. It used to have this years and last years invoices on there. Maybe they are starting upgrades! Let's hope

I was looking at my Account Manager section on the website for my season ticket invoice that I paid already. The ticket office took everything off of there. It used to have this years and last years invoices on there. Maybe they are starting upgrades! Let's hope

Or maybe we've been locked out.

I just logged into my account with no problem. clearly shows my payment on the front page of my account.

I do not think they have started the upgrade process, In an email exchange I had on Monday, I was advised the TO is reaching out to STHs who have not yet paid for their season tickets or signed up for the payment plan first before they start doing the auto upgrade plan. As last year, late payers were upgraded but were upgraded AFTER those who paid on time. I was advised the upgrade process would commence in April. Based on last year, they started with the lower level first and moved to the upper level a few weeks later.

EDIT -- I poked around some more but cannot find my invoice history which used to be available. The current invoice is a different format that in the past. probably have been doing some software changes.But my current invoice is there with my first payment recorded.

Edited by SonnyandSam

I am also able to log into my account through the ticketmaster link. The interface has changed, but my invoices are still listed under My Account.

I don't think most people, including lower level ticket holders, heard about upgrades until the very end of april/start of may last year.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing new to see here, really, but relevant nonetheless:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/redskins-season-ticket-policy-is-unchanged/2011/04/04/AFgD1ekC_story.html

---------- Post added April-6th-2011 at 11:21 AM ----------

Nothing new to see here, really, but relevant nonetheless:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/redskins-season-ticket-policy-is-unchanged/2011/04/04/AFgD1ekC_story.html

Mike Jones did a pretty fair job in that article. I was expecting the Post to completely ignore that those teams offering delayed payment also require PSLs and are requireing payments on those PSLs. The fan reaction comments are totally fair. The Skins as well as all other NFL teams have always required payment about 6 months before the season begins. And in fact, the Redskins softened the deadline last year with their three months to pay option. Some teams require payments before the Redskins do and have no payment plan. The only real complaint any of us should have is the uncertainty of the NFL season. The NFL assumes it will go on as planned and some fans have their doubts. But refunds will be made. Snyder and all other NFL owners have gotten the free use of our season ticket dollars interest free for six months for decades. Same as any other subscription service that a person my purchase.....symphony, ballet, Capitals, Wizards, etc. So IMHO, this whole complaining about paying season tickets is a non issue until games are missed.